Manufacture Jobs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bob dylan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Bob dylan

Bob dylan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Hey form, just wondering if anyone of you guys with tinnitus work at a manufacture job or like a factory? How noisy is the work place? And how do you cope with the situation?

2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      I tolerate it. Sleep good. Come back the next day and fight it for another pay check. Don't let yourself get worn down.

I work in a big room of electronic equipment, computers, fans and more Fans. And since the building has temperature issues they run the air vents at full blast. It's insane, imo. Call it white noise? Sometimes I put the headphones on.
      It's like working on an aircraft carrier deck, they all wear headphones. Upper-class employees work in nice quiet office cubicles anyway from any production areas.

I plan to retire next year. After many years I think it has contributed to my T issues - long term exposure to Noise, although technically the noise level may be below OSHA work place limits. Get out as soon as you can.

3. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      You should bring in a good Db reader if it's worth it to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      i work at a chemical terminal is pretty silent there untill i have to go check the pumps

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bob dylan

Bob dylan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Thanks for the reply.