My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      Another important question is why it sometimes changes/improve inner ear issues.
      Understanding that is a very big step forward.

2. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hi people. Just a quick update. Last 4 days I have been receiving only detoxation / nutrients / amino - acids I.V. Wounds from adipose and bone marrow extraction have healed as well. Besides that I visited ENT day before yesterday here in Moscow. Stem cells clinic arranged / paid that for me. Guy was really good and helpful. He even known about AM-111 trial and gave me info sheet about trial. He also told me that my nose is closed inside and that I have to go for surgery ASAP and that tinnitus could be also consequence of air flow in sinuses / middle / inner ear.
      As far as stem cells goes, I think I see some progress already - I had really quiet last 4 days ... today tinnitus is looming and I can hear it / feel it from time to time, but still it's OK compared to 3 months ago ...
      I will receive my last batch of stem cells tomorrow. They will be from umbilical cord blood (most powerful - can cross blood brain barrier etc ...). And then i'm finished with therapy here ;-)
      I will keep you posted regarding my T and if stem cells helped.

Cheers

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    3. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      @whiskeykonteq Great to hear you are doing well. I pray things continue to improve for you. All the best.

I started my savings account for this treatment last week!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Thanks for the update @whiskeykonteq. Been refreshing for days now:LOL:
      Will be extremly interesting to follow your(hopefully) improvement!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @whiskeykonteq,
      Glad your doing well and some sign of improvements already.
      Sorry to hear about your nose and hope the surgery goes well.
      Not nice having a blocked nose and beating surgery.
      Your amazing......stay strong and positive and I'm sure your family will be so happy have you home in a few days....take care lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 3
    6. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Firstly, really great to hear you're doing well. Secondly, did he mention the name of the surgery required - was it a septoplaty? I have a similar issue with lack of air on 1 side. You could potentially try Nasonex or another glucocorticosteroid nasal spray which will open up the nose and see if symptoms improve.

7. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @whiskeykonteq , this nose issue , is this something that you can feel ? Any indicators other than what the doctor told you ?

8. AAM

AAM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drug probably
      I have been in touch with Swiss Medica Moscow over the last few months and they have really been very helpful. In fact, they will be moving to brand new premises in Central Moscow later in the year. The present clinic is 40km from Central Moscow, but still in the Moscow region. Distances in Russia are huge. I only wish the same treatment was available in Belgrade as I have friends there.

I understand from his posts, @whiskeykonteq will be flying back to Belgrade tomorrow. I wish him the very best. I really do hope his treatment works. Can't wait to read his next posts.

LLLT and Stem Cells seem to be the only two options that may/can help us tinnitus sufferers.

• Like Like x 4
    9. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Thanks Ears Hurt ! ;-)
      Thanks grate_biff ! ;-)
      Thanks a lot Glynis ! I have blocked nose for years now, it's just now that in the light of tinnitus it gain some significance ...

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Thanks !
      Yes, he said it will be operation of deviated septum of the nose. I have lack of air on left side (tinnitus in left ear) and cracking when I yawn. He told me that I have ETD and that I have to start with operation of nose septum deviation and to remove tonsils (I have chronic tonsillitis too - for at least 20 years).
      I was inhaling nose steroids and sea water for 3 months, but did not helped :(

Cheers

11. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Sure, I know I have septum deviation for 5 years at least. In last 2 years it became really bad (people complaining for my snoring - when even sleeping in nearby rooms ;-)). Also I have problems breathing on nose all the time ... like I have constant flu / full nose ... I did rhinometry (they put tubes in your nose and you first blow and then inhale) back in April and it showed that left nostril had 50% of air flow of right one. But both had poor airflow.

Cheers !

• Like Like x 2
    12. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Yes, they told me that they will have new clinic here ;-) This one is good too. Yeah, I wish they had UCB and UC MSCs in Belgrade too ;-)

Thanks ! So time for quick update too: Yesterday T came back (after realativeily 4 quiet days). I was not disappointed, as I know that stem cells takes time (2-6 months). Today is again quiet day (I can hear T only when I search for it ;-). We will see how it will develop in next days. Yesterday I got 200 millions of umbilical cord blood MSCs. They did not know though what pass it is (how many times they were expanded before they were transfused into me). Today is the last day - nevertheless as I have late evening flight I got 2 more infusions and they also gave me 4 ampules of RNA medications from some German company to take away, along with 4 syringes, and told me to find someone who will be giving me those medication intramuscularly for next 8 days. That's very nice ... even if I do not stay here, treatment continues. ;-) They also gave me written and signed confirmation in English of what I got exactly here (infusions, stem cells, what procedure I had, blood results etc ...).
      So now I will just have to wait and see how it goes in next few months.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AAM

AAM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drug probably
      Great news that you have good days without T. I wish I was the same. I hope and pray the treatment works. Have a safe flight back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Safe flight home and you have been amazing.....lots of love glynis x

15. AAM

AAM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drug probably
      He will be winging his way to Belgrade. He is a brave man to undergo this cutting edge treatment. I hope for his sake and all our sakes it results in a positive outcome.

As for myself, I have now tried everything except Stem Cells. My tinnitus is no longer as loud but it is still there like an unwelcome guest and highly upsetting. It is life-changing.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I'm looking very much forward to take part of your long-term rapport, and even consider to stay away from TT a few months until it's in. Within time, I'll be able to pay for stem cell therapy myself, and I will then make sure to follow your example and share the info about it.

Personally, I don't plan to try out LLLT, but it seems like the therapy can improve hearing, so maybe people could do worse than include it as a part of their treatment. The effects on T appears very unstable, so I think it should be seen as a potential contributer rather than a sollution in itself.

It this T-beast can be brought to heel with any predictabiblity to speak of, then it's the stem cells that will have to do it. Within half a year, whiskeykonteq will provide us with another piece of information, for hope or despair. Can't say I feel very bored.

17. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Which treatments have you tried?

18. AAM

AAM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drug probably
      Intravenous Laser Therapy twice (once in UK and once in Germany), LLLT twice (Germany, Norway), Acupuncture, Craniosacral Osteopathy (on going). Still got T. Perhaps it is slightly less loud but it is just as upsetting and horrible. Basically, nothing seems to work so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      @AAM
      Stem cells or light therapy isn't going to work for depression/anxiety T.

Maybe the cranio sacral stuff that Cowan hill promotes may work since he does have that cause for T

20. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      So what is going to work for depression and very, very, very severe tinnitus and hyperacusia?

21. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Unfortunately nothing

there is cunseling but for next 10 years nothing else

22. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      I have 1 year with very high level jets engine in my ears and very high pitched power transformer in my head, depression and hyperacusia, I'm trying to hold my horse in medication but I put my gun in my head twice I have too kids, I don't now what else to do.

23. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well if depression is the cause then being less depressed should cure T no ?

It's not incurable

I mean you don't have inner ear injury, hair cells wracked by sound waves which cannot be repaired.

24. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      Car engine blew right in front of my head that way I got this shit condition.

25. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      What makes you say that?

26. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My ENT sees a lot of patients with stress / anxiety or depression T he told me.

Mostly workplace related issues.

These people have perfect inner ears that no laser or stem is going to repair because it's not broken to start with.

27. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Penate
      I think you misunderstood. Bobby B meant T that is caused by depression and anxiety.

28. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thanks for the info. Did he say anything about stress-related hearing loss? There you have a reduction in hearing. Is it caused by or related to inner ear issues as well or not at all?

29. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    30. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      And out of those 351, only one of them states they treat tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1