My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That makes him either cured or dead

2. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well to be honest, the sample size is different. Billions M.D. visits each year vs. very few steem cell treatments.

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Martha Christy has written two books, one about drinking your own pee, the other one about homeopathy - all I can get about her is that she is a "natural health consultant" and "medical research writer". Quite the scholar.
      J.W Armstrong is coauthor of "Sexy Feminism", can't find much about him/her, only that he/she is an avid pee drinker.
      Gisella Schreiber's a real hoot, she's written tons of book about the healing powers of crystals and a another ton of books about hemp.

So yes, you're gonna get a lot of backlash for this post of yours because it's a pile of... poo (or pee), well, semantics.
      And I won't even bother mentioning that the urinary tract is a bacteria growing paradise, so while pee might be considered a sterile product (it mostly is), drinking it is actually a first rate mechanism of reintroducing more bacteria into other parts of your body (say, your mouth, esophagus, stomach etc).

Hope your healing process continues to flow :sneaky:
      And, yuck.

• Like Like x 4
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Well I suppose dead would be cured too in a way, but none of us want that. I hope he reports back. More anecdotal
      evidence would be nice.

Maybe a Intratympanic injection of urine in the ear would work?

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Not sure what to think of that. I hope he's doing ok...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Thanks for posting, ATEOS. I hear the person on the video, Aleksandar, saying that the staff at Swiss Medica seem concerned with his well beeing. I don't hear him saying he has been miraculously cured from T. Actually, his quotes are fairly casual:

So I would recommend, even though the real results will be seen after 2-3 months, so if I would know more whether this works or not, but anyway it is worth of trying.

So it’s bearable, it’s not pleasant, but normal person can bear that and it’s not pleasant, again, but it’s not painful.​

There are over sixty testimonials like this on the homepage of the company, several of them cover the same illness. Some of the participants are introduced with their full names, others merely with their first names. A couple of them have their faces blurred, so that they can remain anonymous. One fella is covered with a flag while he speaks. There's no way to know if the stories are real without investigating them one by one, of course, but since the video with Aleksandar don't promise us the gold at the end of the rainbow, I don't feel suspicous about it. Just my two cents.

7. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of curiosity, who went to Swiss Medica for stem cell treatment for tinnitus? I thought the thread was about treatment in Bangkok. I see Swiss Medica is based in Serbia. Was @monacco going there or Bangkok?

I see Swiss Medica trades on the Nasdaq market, so you would think that would give them credibility.
      Well maybe not....no data. http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SWME?ltr=1

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/spos/company/swiss-medica-inc-11812-50290

I would be more interested in Otonomy (OTIC) but that may be a long ways off and could be dud like Autifony's drug. I thought OTO-311 trials were in the 2nd half of this year.

• Genius Genius x 2
    8. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      The Swiss Medica you linked to is different from the stem cells company.

The Swiss Medica that offers stem cells it's website is here. It's in Serbia. The Swiss Medica you linked to is in Canada.

http://www.startstemcells.com

Do your research before posting nonsense in this topic.

Also if you've had tinnitus from 2008, otonomy won't work for you (it'll work for new cases)

It was @whiskeykonteq who went to Swiss Medica stem cells in Serbia. Read the topic before asking questions!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I believe Monaco was going to Stemcells21 (Bangkok) as have other users on the forums gone to.

10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Or somewhere in between and just wanting to give it time.

11. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I agree. But then again, I never said that. I did not even insinuate that the person featured in the video said that. Indeed, let us not start to over-analyze what I did or did not say. Because my original question was actually a fairly simple question with a binary yes/no answer:

If whiskeykonteq is the person featured in the video, did he (or did he not) receive an incentive for appearing in the video?

It shouldn't require a ph.d in rocket science for a person to answer that question.

And somewhere along the line, I cannot help but being a little skeptical (as my general nature is - I am a financial controller, after all). For instance, if indeed the person in the video did not receive an incentive, then I assume that the person volunteered in the video in order to "spread the message" and hence wouldn't mind the publicity of the content (and hence why not share it as much as possible - right?).

Previously, @whiskeykonteq was somewhat vocal here on TinnitusTalk, but after @Tom Cnyc provided an indirect mention of the video, @whiskeykonteq is all of a sudden silent (even though I know he has checked in with the forum):

upload_2016-8-8_9-29-10.png

Earlier @whiskeykonteq prided himself on being open with the community...
      ...but apparently that openness is a one-way street in some cases. Good to know that double standards are alive and well.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Let's all just be a happy family :)

On a Stem cells related route. I'm investigating the possible of treatment at stemcells21 as @attheedgeofscience and others have been treated at. My question relates to adipose vs umbilical cord cells - is there any point conducting the treatment with adipose cells; even though the number is much higher?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere :)

13. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Even if he did, what's the problem?
      He might be inclined to recommend this clinic but not steem cell treatment in general. For me his credebility would be only corrupted if he either has no T at all and/or is making profit of his steem cell postings here.
      I tend to not belive that so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I understand your desire to get a 100% clarification and assurance of people's honesty when they report stem cell treatments. But whiskeyconteq he said he was gonna go off TT for a while even before the video was posted. He said so right in this thread. Let's just look at all of the facts before making insinuations about him having double standards or being fake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      I believe he went to Moscov!

16. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven't heard yet if it's just for acute cases. I had IT dexamethasone injections years ago. Otonomy might not work for new cases either...it's in trials.

What's wrong with posting nonsense? Your link doesn't open up for me.

17. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      As far as I am concerned I don't really think it matters if he received an incentive. I do hope it helps him, and I assume he really went.

What I do find peculiar is that a company would post his video days after completion of treatment without having any results. If the video was posted in say, 3-4 months with him commenting that he had an improvement in overall health, hearing, etc I totally understand. Posting that he received treatment is meaningless and seems to ask more questions than it answers.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      True, but still better than just boasting faked results. It shows at least some honesty like: ok all we can do is to try without harming you. Which is much more than I'd expect from a company in experimental medicine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Marlino

First, I want to be clear that I mean no disrespect to @whiskeykonteq. I hope it all works out for you, and that you can report back great things we all can learn from.

That said, I can see where @attheedgeofscience is coming from.

A video offering a recommendation that is hastily posted seems a bit forced, as it is not necessary to post immediately. They could have easily gotten interviewed him via webcam/skype in a few months.
      Recommend is a strong word. Conversely ATEOS doesn't use this term even though his protocol netted him results from a 8/10 to a 2/10, restored his sleep and concentration - which is really all any of us want.

20. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I will stay. At least as long as I have T, I will be here. I just said "couple of weeks" :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Yes, that's me.

• Like Like x 3
    22. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      @FERNANDO GIL got it for he's T and It looks like it helped.

23. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hi Jakob,

Yes, that's me on the video. No I did not receive any money or discount for making that video. I have wired money to them few days before my trip and video was done on my last day there.
      I know that you kept name of the clinic hidden, but what's the point if you disclosed it at the end? (and 2 people from this forum went to the same clinic). Regarding stemcells21 and swiss medica, both of them were in my top 2 choices. Stemcells21 because you were there and it helped and swiss medica because of price / value. I choose to risk and to go to swiss medica. Also if you looked closely my posts on this forum you could also find this one:

as I said, as long as you get live/healthy stem cells and you don't get HIV/Hepatitis and other blood transmittable viruses, name of stem cell clinic does not matter. Find one where you get best price / value and you don't get diseases ;-) If I would be from India, I would probably choose Indian' one (they were asking ~ 12k USD for 100M UCB-MSCs). If cellmedicine.com accepted me for T, I would probably went to Panama, etc ... I even posted list of all stem cells clinics and wrote short comment for each of them. I don't perceive myself being dismissive for other stem cells clinics, I would rather say that I was open and that I was "thinking loud" and argumenting everything I said. So If you could point me where I was, that would be great. Also if you have some specific question, feel free to ask ;-)

Regarding cancer and stemcells21 - I also did not believe that she got cancer from stem cells. I never took what she said into account when I was choosing stem cells clinic.

BTW, I can also forward you (and @Markku ) email correspondence with the clinic, SWIFT from my bank, and flying tickets. Just drop me your email in PM.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      First of all, I paid full price (as probably did all other people that are on swiss medica youtube page). Second - I did not said in that video that treatment cured me or anything near that. Third - It's really, really not OK to post someone's full name / lastname on public forum on internet. If I wanted to say my full name I would do it. I hope you will remove your post.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    26. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I agree with you. I also told them to make video 3 months after treatment not 1 day after, but that's their policy not mine ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    27. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @whiskeykonteq - have you noticed any improvements in your overall health? A change in T has taken longer for previous patients, however it seems there were some noticeable changes at the 2 week mark in regards to other things

28. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @whiskeykonteq,
      Hi Alex,
      Love your video and lovely put your face to your name.
      Thank you for making it and hope your ears are behaving for you...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    29. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Except being fat, I really don't have other health issues, so nothing to report at 2 weeks mark ;-)

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    30. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Thank a lot glynis ! ;-)
      Hope your T / meniere's subside too!

Cheers