Stem Cell Universe

Discussion in 'Research News' started by bill 112, May 5, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. bill 112
      Studious

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hey guys was just wondering did anyone see the documentary Stem Cell Universe with Stephen Hawking?It aired here last night and is amazing to watch.For anyone whose interested in Stem Cell therapies and what they can do its a must see.Reading that they done this to a rat or done that to a rat isnt very thrilling but actually seeing what they can do is unbelieveable.The power of these little guys is incredible and no doubt a true cure for hearing loss if we ever get there.Which is why Stanford and the Hearing Restoration project are incredible and reminds me not to take for granted the work theyre doing.P.S dont know if this belongs in research news but didnt where else to post it:)

2. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      • Like Like x 1
    3. bill 112
      Studious

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks for the link Tom amazing stuff to read the documentary is good and reinforced my forgotton beliefs in Stemcell research.If you get a chance check it out it was on the Discovery channel so check their website im sure it will be there somewhere.Not sure if this channel broadcasts in Switzerland.Best Wishes Bill

4. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks Bill,
      I will check if I can find it somewhere. I don't have discovery channel in my box... at least I haven't seen it
      in all this 400 stations.

ahh, I found it at youtube ;-)

Greets Tom

5. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      I assume this is the correct thread to post this:

Quote:
      Breakthrough in direct conversion of human cells from one type to another

In a breakthrough for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering, researchers have developed a tool that will help scientists directly transform human cells from one type to another. They see the breakthrough as bringing regenerative medicine a step closer to growing whole organs from patients' own cells.
      End quote.

You can find the article on: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/305308.php?tw

This should be good news for hearing restoration if I understand correctly. But when....

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1