Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. catchthebus

catchthebus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 Delta Variant
      I’ve experienced being woken up by my tinnitus when it randomly gets loud sometimes :cry: It’s the worst! I wonder if that’s something that’s normal for people with tinnitus...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. catchthebus

catchthebus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 Delta Variant
      Lol I guess they called this law “Plan B”.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      That's it young man, you're going to be punished!...by being given exactly what you want.

That'll learn ya. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°)

snu snu.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Harder Calm
      Frustrated

Harder Calm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/TMJ
      Yes, I have also experienced this. Fortunately it got less over time and happens only rarely now, and sleeping improved overall, fortunately, after many sleepless nights in the beginning...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For me, it unfortunately is not uncommon.

Usually after I had a day that was not so bad, like 2 out of 5.

I'd drift into sleep while thinking: "I could probably live with it if it were to stabilize on that level."

Two or three ours later I'd wake up from the noise, witnessing it getting louder as if someone would turn the stereo up to eleven.

BTW, did you ever read or post to alt.suicide.holiday?

I should probably explain: alt.suicide.holiday was a Usenet newsgroup. Usenet newsgroups were social media on the Internet of the last century.

I have seen the term "catch the bus" on alt.suicide.holiday more than 20 years ago, and never anywhere else. I found it intriguing that someone would use that as a screen name here.

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    6. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      Yeah definitely sounds like some kind of CSF leak if you have to be flat all day. I feel better when my head is upright. You could get much better. Just gotta find that damn leak. It’s gotta be somewhere. If you don’t have hyperacusis I recommend keep seeing doctors. My hyperacusis keeps me homebound. It’s a complete nightmare. How can they brush you off when you have all the symptoms of a CSF leak.

7. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Google catch the bus suicide.

Catch the bus is a phrase meaning committing suicide. Widely used on the internet these days.

8. Pharz
      Alone

Pharz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      If the only good times in my life now is when I am sleeping, then maybe this sleep should be much much longer or rather never ending. I saw that number of pages for FX-322 thread is 636, and here it’s at 255, so there may be hope for future. But just to think I am living some of the best years of my life with this never-ending noise, makes me so sad.

Everything in life is good, except for this stupid noise. Except for this stupid noise.
      I wonder how many more nights I can wake my love up to cry in his arms from the noise. I hope he doesn’t get tired of me. I wish I had the chance of having babies, but just to think about a baby’s cry, makes me cringe.

I fear for the tinnitus to get worse, if there is some weird sound coming from somewhere I panic so badly, till someone else confirms that they also hear the same thing and it’s not just me.

I try to remain positive, in fact who enjoys being depressed? But often I find myself here and wonder how long I can continue like this.

P.S. I fucking hate my sister’s dog and his barks.

• Hug Hug x 19
    9. SD7
      Angry

SD7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid /June 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vaccine + Noise
      This is by far my worse symptom. S's are so hissy and mumble sentences and add a tinge of burning after being hard. It is so absolutely awful I hate it so much. I can't enjoy music, movies or even my f*cking loved ones speaking to me. WHY WHY WHY I keep wondering continuously did I have to get ringing as a side effect.

• Hug Hug x 2
    10. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Spoke with pharmacist today and she is reporting people have gotten tinnitus from the vaccine and it should resolve in 6-12 months. I doubt it...

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      If it happens then at least she’ll probably be right on the timing.

Most cases longer then 2 weeks take that time. After 1 year I think we’re done.

12. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Mine has been ten months but Klonopin aggravated the COVID-19 vaccine induced tinnitus, so I have no idea. The tinnitus started to get a bit better but then the withdrawal from Klonopin blew it up.

13. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      In time, with perspective, things look different. My advice would be to use the SSRI, use Paroxetine to calm down. It will change the way you see things and take you through this dark period. Bit by bit, step by step, you will recover your life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. catchthebus

catchthebus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 Delta Variant
      I’m sorry. I wish with all my heart no one had to go through this. I’m glad you have someone special in your life though who is there to support you and help ease your pain. Even if they don’t know what I’m going through, it always feels better to have someone there with me or talking to me. Getting tinnitus and losing the joy and peace of being quietly in my own company that I was both so fond of and which also made up the majority of my time, made me realize just how alone and isolated I really am. I hope I can find someone like that one day who can give me some sense of purpose and drive beyond myself because I’m so often alone and I hear my tinnitus and simply just don’t like being me anymore. And I think the same thing and wonder how long I can keep doing this. I’ve never experienced anything that’s been more tiring or continuously mentally exhausting and draining in my entire life than having developed tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. catchthebus

catchthebus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 Delta Variant
      I’ve heard of that site but have never been a part of it. I randomly came across the phrase online recently for the first time in some person’s Reddit or internet post and I took an immediate liking to it not only because I’ve been struggling with coping with my tinnitus, but because it’s similar to one of my favorite Korean slang phrases. “get on the bus” which is a video game idiom referring to when someone in a team game who is competent, experienced, or skilled does all of the work for an incompetent, inexperienced, or struggling member(s) of his/her team. You essentially ‘get on their bus’ and let them do the driving since you’re unable to do it yourself. That’s why the guy in my profile picture is Faker, a Korean player widely hailed as the best professional League of Legends player of all time.

Essentially, I wish there was someone out there who could cure my tinnitus. Or at least, I wish there was a way I could escape it or that it would go away... So, I see my username as an embodiment of that desire.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      You deserve some luck so let’s hope it calms down in a couple of months.

I’m 2 years in very soon... just getting worse.

So I don’t know how to move forward from this new turn in my life.

• Hug Hug x 5
    17. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I’m amazed it lasted 2 years! And kept your job.

18. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I really think the low dose Naltrexone should help you with your Meniere's disease, given that it's thought to be an autoimmune condition.

I'd be focusing on lowering TNF-alpha and deactivating microglial cells (as mentioned in Prof. Bao' s study linking neuroinflammation with tinnitus.

Resveratrol has the ability to deactivate microglial cells.

Low-dose Naltrexone can inhibit microglial too, as well as lowering TNF-alpha.

Have you considered John from Ohio regime, emphasizing Lysine? I wonder if you have EBV (HSV on board, if the vaccine has reactivated it)?

19. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Why does it keep worsening? Autoimmune?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I'm not afraid of dying at all. I'm more afraid of living with this or ending up crippled.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
    21. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I was on Famvir. Didn’t help me. I have very bad drug and supplement allergies. It’s tough to get things into me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I’m suffering terribly with tinnitus now following vaccination. Loud humming and a variety of hisses and tones.

I am back to where I was in 2016.

However, for the last couple of years my tinnitus was almost unnoticeable. So it can get better. I know it’s damned hard but the body is an amazing healing machine.

I must say though that I have absolutely no faith in medical science with regards to tinnitus. I can’t see any magic bullet forthcoming. It is all down to ourselves and time.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    23. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      FUCK this fucking ringing... if I owned a gun I'd put a bullet through both of my ears right now.

• Hug Hug x 8
    24. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Good thing you live in California where only criminals have guns.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    25. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes the LA county sheriff gang has quite a lot of guns.

• Funny Funny x 2
    26. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      How long have people’s longest spikes lasted for? I had been somewhat habituated to unilateral tinnitus ~10/2020 that started 7/2019.

I noticed I was being awoken by tinnitus again on Thanksgiving of this year. On 11/3, I had jaw prolotherapy which didn’t cause any immediate spike, but 3 days later both of my ears were constantly undergoing fleeting spikes. They dissipated over the day, and as far as I know, everything was normal until 11/25.

Ever since then, everything has been getting worse. Both of the tones in my left ear are much louder, and they’re both reactive to certain noises. I’d honestly qualify my tinnitus 9/10 in severity now and the once-soft hiss in my left ear is now screeching over everything—car noise + radio, gym ambient noise, everything but the shower. And my low whirring tone sometimes reacts to the shower, giving a slight distortion to it. I’ve had to go back up to 300 mg Seroquel in order to sleep (my starting dose upon first acquiring tinnitus, which I had whittled down to 100 mg recently) and I’m absolutely terrified that’s where I must remain if this spike does not subside because I refuse to make a habit of benzos for sleep. This tinnitus is like if a fleeting spike never subsided. It’s that level of amplification. I can’t focus on anything for more than 2 seconds without this searing electricity surging to the front of my attention.

Below is a timeline of everything that I could manage to track down in hindsight:

11/3–prolotherapy

11/6–fleeting tinnitus spikes

11/25–started affecting sleep

11/27–started getting nervous about high tinnitus in morning

12/1–normal gaming with friends

12/5–still decent through day, awakening in mornings

12/7–higher tinnitus but day after Phenibut tinnitus was still better

12/9–started Prednisone; intrusive in gym; required benzos to sleep

12/12–possible trauma from microwave door but still decent at night

12/13–was still improving through night?

12/15–good sleep despite high tinnitus, last night of benzos

12/16–GI distress

12/17—severely intrusive; 6 hours sleep @ 125 mg Seroquel

12/19–strong residual inhibition, slight respite from horrible tinnitus but led to 5 hours sleep

12/20—worst case scenario tinnitus; reactive low tone (shower) and high (everything else); 300 mg Seroquel and .25 mg Halcyon to sleep

12/21–horribly intrusive, low not reactive to shower, less residual inhibition from shower, less GI distress/puckering

I just need some help and some hope. But please be honest. I’ve quit lifting to stay out of the noisy environment and am about to go a very strict anti-inflammatory/histamine diet that has been circulated somewhat here.

• Hug Hug x 3
    27. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You described your hiss having a quality of "electricity." I have many pure tones I deal with but also a hiss that underlies all of those pure tones. Whenever I have a spike, that hiss always becomes very pronounced and I can only describe it as sounding like "electricity."

I had a recent spike from drinking too much alcohol. It took over a month for it to go away. I also had the same thing happen from the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, and it took 4 or more months.

I wonder if it will settle back down for you, and you just need to give it some extended time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    28. danielthor

danielthor Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Stem cells were pretty much my last hope with this neuro-disorder of mine, but apparently most stem cell is a scam and the cells don’t do anything for neurological disorders unless given hours to a couple of days after onset. Should have known better not to get my hopes up. I keep worsening and I’m at a point now where it’s nothing but sensible to off myself. How selfish of me to drag my body and brain through this shit and all this pain just so that I can feel normal again.

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you. I’m beginning to wonder if I got asymptomatic COVID-19 because I’ve never experienced anything like this, but I also didn’t have tinnitus react to the vax.

30. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yep. Same for me.

At the very beginning, I really had my heart set on Ketamine and Psilocybin, but the more I looked into it the more I realized neither will probably do anything. Now I'm just trying to find something to combat the anxiety/depression that doesn't make my tinnitus worse. This is a fucking curse.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1