Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      I haven't seen anything about pitch disqualifying you from Lenire.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      No, I would say mental pain. My life has been over for a long time, boyo. Noise is inescapable, no prospect of a cure any time soon. I know people say "but Lenire, but FX-322, etc.." but unless that shit comes out tomorrow, waiting years/decades and even then it's probably beyond my reach is absurd thinking. Nothing can treat me unless there's some magic combo of supplements I haven't attempted yet.. I'm a shell of my former self. I know it's depressing but god damn, I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone unless I really hated them.

I wake up and play video games all day. I did a trip to Costa Rica but that sucked because the noise was relentless. My family thinks I'm nuts too, since this is one of dem invisible illnesses.

I don't know man, I don't even know what I'm saying right now. But if you're asking if I have physical pain, I would say, only from the lack of sleep more than anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Idk. Lie to Lenire about it, tell them it's minimal.

4. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      night time, bed time, should be an escape but it's not so I hear you.

I have other physical pain issues that were present before tinnitus but now there is ear pain, teeth and jaw pain and headaches plus another chronic pain problem with no cure.

People say hold on, wait for Lenire or get therapy...a bunch of pointless rhetoric from clueless people who can't relate. I know they mean well but there is no way to cope with what I have. :(

I wouldn't look at suicide if it wasn't this bad.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you are talking about hearing loss, that's a bad idea:

1. Too much hearing loss may render the device ineffective for you.
      2. They tune the device according to your audiometry, so lying about hearing loss would do nothing good for you.
      3. They perform an audiometry test themselves and that's one of the few tests you can't cheat, if you somehow still wanted to go on with cheating a hearing test I advise you to watch this video on the subject:

How to FAKE a Hearing Loss During A Hearing Test

6. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night time is the worst time for me, that's when I hear my tinnitus the most, along with when I am at the office, because of the quiet environment. That doesn't preclude me from falling asleep however, even when tinnitus was severe I still managed to fall asleep without meds for some reason, most likely because of the chronic exhaustion caused by the noise back then, it did not however prevent me from waking up at night in between sleep phases, this happened until slightly over a month in, even after my tinnitus dialed down to moderate levels.

Now I can sleep whole nights, which is probably one of the most benefit improvements to my quality of life lately, I would assume this is due to some form of habituation, though I wouldn't call myself habituated considering I am still constantly annoyed by the noise.

I have considered suicide on multiple occasions, especially when my tinnitus was severe, I was never suicidal before so I know what caused the thoughts to creep out, I even started carefully planning it so as to design the most effective, yet painless way to go, I am well versed in biology and medical science to make it happen, but in the end, I figured suicide is not the solution, it eventually gets better for the most of us and everyone should seize that chance before going through a step we can't recover from.

I advise you to seek medical help, not in regard to decreasing the noise (unless you go with Lenire, because realistically speaking, that's the only non palliative treatment that works), but in regard to improving your quality of life and living with the noise. Acceptance is the first step to recovery, as harsh as it may seem.

If after a couple of years, you still see no improvements and believe living isn't worth the outcome, then you will have tried everything you can in which case a choice will present itself to you, either wait for hypothetical treatments/cures to come to the market, or end everything the most expeditive way possible, if the latter, I would advise you to speak to others who would recognize and accept your choice and guide you towards the least painful way to do so, heck, I would advise you myself if you can't be accepted by a euthanasia clinic by then, though ultimately the choice would be yours, but if you have to take your own life no matter what, I would at least not want you (or anyone) to go while suffering.

While I could do so right now, giving you such advice when you are in such a state would be doing you a great disservice.

• Winner Winner x 3
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @PeteJ,
      Do you take anything for sleep?
      Have you tried hearing aids?

love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    8. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      THERE IS NO ACCEPTING THIS. I AM DONE! THE NOISE HASN'T IMPROVED.

I ONLY NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO DO THE SUICIDE.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Hearing aids won't help. They also cost $$ I don't have.

SUICIDE IS THE ONLY OPTION.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Benzo time... Get Valium, or try Xanax. Nothing to lose if you haven’t tried.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @PeteJ,

Give these a try,
      I understand how you feel I truly do and I struggle daily...

love glynis

20190801_132015.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      You really should try some of the things that people are recommending. I implore you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do these actually work for people with no perceivable hearing loss (in audiometry/audiograms)? I am asking because I do not have any perceivable hearing loss below 8kHz (and I can't get tested for anything higher in France), the frequency range of these devices only go from 200Hz to 5Khz so I wonder if those would have give me any benefit or potential reduction in tinnitus. (My tinnitus' main tone being around 14kHz last time I matched it against a frequency generator)

14. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I don't see why you don't try hearing aids with a masker and some benzos? You can get some good quality hearing aids from Audicus cheap, just send them your audiogram. I would get the remote control option as well as the white noise in programs 2 and 3. If you are hell-bent on suicide how is anyone going to stop you?

https://www.audicus.com/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just a technical question regarding these hearing aids:

Assuming that tinnitus occupies the frequencies where there is a dip in the hearing and knowing that most tinnitus sits well over 8000 Hz (I know mine does), would one need to find a place, that tests beyond the standard 8000 Hz to get the audiogram done, so they can match the hearing aid to the correct tinnitus frequency?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That would be a good question to ask them. I have never had a hearing test above 8000 Hz. I was going to call them today regarding a battery replacement so I will ask them then. I have both a Dia and a Clara. It seems the Dia has a better masker. I had bought a Clara when I lost one Dia HA and later found it so ended up having 2 sets now.

17. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I'm not sure but it's at least an option to try.

love glynis

18. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just talked a person at Audicus about hearing tests above 8000 Hz and they said that their hearing aids only work up to that level and that having an audiogram above that would be of no value.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    19. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you kindly.
      In other words, if tinnitus and/or hearing loss is above 8000 Hz, hearing aids will not do anything... right?

20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As far as I know yes. I don't know if any other brands go higher than 8000 Hz? The masker in programs 2 and 3 is nice though. I had static noise today and the masker covered it up to a more pleasant white noise of some kind.

21. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @PeteJ if your tinnitus is still recent it’s hard to get another perspective on it, especially if you haven’t re entered normal life yet.

I don’t believe you’d be excluded by Lenire due to your high tinnitus... mine is pretty high lately and when they matched the sound they were cranking it up and up and up...

22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Can I pick those up over the counter? :rolleyes:

23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      What are they supposed to do for me?

24. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Where I live yes. But if you live in Europe or the States, you will need a doctor and get a script. Tell them it’s known to work for tinnitus and hyperacusis and you want a two or three week script. The more the merrier, but don’t make that known to your doctor. Ingest and you should feel relief. Valium is what I binge on when my brain is exploding... sadly, but true post tinnitus. I would do that tomorrow if I were you. It’s a nice bandaid and you may even forget the noise for a few days. Try it, and report back.

25. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Already tried for benzo. Hence, my sarcastic reply. Dr wouldn't give it to me.

I was reluctant to try drugs, particularly benzos but now I am desperate. It's not improving on its own. I can't function.

I got amitriptyline and escitalopram as that's all my Dr was willing to prescribe. I don't know if those are any good but I just hope it doesn't make the tinnitus worse. Should I take them?

I don't know whether I would have a chance to get a prescription for either of the other two, Valium or Xanax.

26. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Go and demand Valium.
      Find a shrink who will write the script.
      I am betting you will feel so much better.
      Use drugs... I think they will help you out of this crisis.
      I advise Benzos.
      I think you should give them a shot ASAP.
      They really cool down my hyperacusis and are a sledgehammer to the imploding brain syndrome.
      Try it.
      Demand it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Considering Benzodiazepines' very serious side effects and very lengthy withdrawal symptoms, I would only advice to take any as a last resort, also no matter what, DO NOT under any circumstances, take Benzodiazepines two days in a row, those are extremely addictive substances (more so than than most opioids as it turns out), do not underestimate these. If you can do without Benzodiazepines, by all means do not take any, I advice you to go and read posts from BenzoBuddies to have a rough idea of how bad things can get taking this "medication".

I would also advise people to take relaxants that have much milder impacts on GABA, such as Magnesium Glycinate, Ginger, Curcuma... before attempting to go for something as strong as Benzodiazepines.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    28. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      I agree that benzos are last resort, but Pete is very seriously considering suicide, so obviously he is at that point where he has to do whatever to stay alive.......including taking benzos.

Plus I have to say: thousands, maybe millions of people have successfully withdrawn from benzos.......I'm not trying to downplay it, withdrawal is absolutely awful while it lasts, but one can get trough it......as many have before, including myself......I was on a daily dose of benzos for about a year......I water tapered from them and now 1 year after stopping benzos, I am about to come out the other side. I can't deny......benzos very probably saved my life. I was on the brink of suicide, but was able to stay alive on benzos.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      Have you ever been addicted to benzos? Do you think you should be giving advice to a severe tinnitus sufferer who is suicidal with your mild to moderate tinnitus? Your information is not accurate and just scaremongering.

• Agree Agree x 5
    30. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No I haven't been a Benzo addict, I have seen people who were/are and it's not pretty, sadly my information is quite accurate and documented.

Would you have done some research of your own you would have found the very extensive withdrawal effects associated with chronic Benzodiazepine intake, although a small read of the BenzoBuddies forum should be enough to turn you away from Benzos pretty effectively as what's described there in terms of symptoms is very telling.

I haven't always had mild to moderate tinnitus, unless you call over 60 dB at 14 kHz "mild", not that I am here on a "who is suffering the most" contest.