Vitamin Supplement (Nicotinamide Riboside) Successfully Prevents Noise-Induced Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by exodus, Dec 2, 2014.

1. erik
      Breezy

erik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yea I can give that a shot. I tried Resvertrol by itself for a while a few years back.

2. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      4 x daily would be on the high side as I heard Dr. Brenner (NR founder) mention this in a podcast. He takes it once in the morning and once at night. NAD peaks eight hours after taking NR. I'm sure there is no harm in doing it for a short duration. I take it once a day as a way to keep the cost down but I should go up to two. I didn't notice any energy level improvements. Does it affect your sleep at all?

3. Robert Aleman

Robert Aleman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Okay so I started taking this recently and it has instantly improved my hyperacusis and my tinnitus is a little lower. Also, before taking this, my ears would feel full after sleeping with a fan on, but now I wake up with no fullness in the ears. I take the brand made by Alive by Nature (4 capsules under the tongue per day).

• Like Like x 1
    4. FGG

FGG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      That brand is NMN, not RB right? How long before you noticed a difference in your hyperacusis? Is "instantly" as in from day 1?

5. Robert Aleman

Robert Aleman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm taking both NMN and NAD+ from Alive by Nature. I noticed the effect on my hyperacusis after the 1st day.

• Like Like x 1
    6. erik
      Breezy

erik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      No not at all. I sleep pretty well since I usually take 20-30mg of Full Spectrum CBD oil before bedtime.

7. Kste Adams
      Studious

Kste Adams Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMD, Noise?
      NR gives me palpitations as well, although NMN does not. Regular exercise seems to help. I try to alternate the two supplements but on an irregular schedule (I like to keep my body guessing).

8. FGG

FGG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      How's your hearing, Kste? Did you ever get a follow up audiogram. I have started taking NR and am holding out hope for help.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Kste Adams
      Studious

Kste Adams Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMD, Noise?
      Still haven't had the new audiogram, and it's probably about time to do so. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like Like x 1
    10. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      I've mentioned in my other posts the anxiety I feel about audiograms. Even with my positive feelings about NR, I'm still scared. Last time I went (2016), I didn't even ask the doc for the results. I just don't want to know if my hearing is getting worse.

11. gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Night club
      I will give these a go. My tinnitus has always gradually gotten worse but not that often (usually due to noise exposure every 3 to 4 years) but this year it has gotten a lot worse in a short amount of time and I don’t know why it is so sensitive to getting worse.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Heinrich_S7
      Relaxed

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      It’s getting even lower. And the tone/pitch in my left ear has changed again. It’s even lower. I wonder if since my hearing is improving that my brain is figuring out not to make any noise.

I’m laying in silence on my bed. It sounds like a very distant whooshing instead of a hiss now. And it’s extremely faint.

NR+Resrervatrol seem to be gradually healing the tinnitus away.

I might not even need Lenire. At least I know by the time the device comes out it should silence whatever is left if it stays.

• Like Like x 4
    13. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      My Resveratrol just came in the mail. I'll start stacking tomorrow. If I can hear up to 19 kHz, I won't be spending much time on Tinnitus Talk. :)

14. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      I've stopped taking NMN by GenEx. The directions say to take it on an empty stomach which causes me stomach upset and trips to the bathroom. I hate to waste it so I'll see how I do with food. I'll try the Alive By Nature sublingual NMN next. NR, taken with or without food, never causes me any problems.

• Like Like x 1
    15. GSC
      Volatile

GSC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
    16. gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Night club
      Is it a food allergy to one of the ingredients that is causing the upset stomachs?

17. Heinrich_S7
      Relaxed

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure