Vitamin Supplement (Nicotinamide Riboside) Successfully Prevents Noise-Induced Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by exodus, Dec 2, 2014.

1. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yea I can give that a shot. I tried Resveratrol by itself for a while a few years back.

2. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      4 x daily would be on the high side as I heard Dr. Brenner (NR founder) mention this in a podcast. He takes it once in the morning and once at night. NAD peaks eight hours after taking NR. I'm sure there is no harm in doing it for a short duration. I take it once a day as a way to keep the cost down but I should go up to two. I didn't notice any energy level improvements. Does it affect your sleep at all?

3. Robert Aleman

Robert Aleman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Okay so I started taking this recently and it has instantly improved my hyperacusis and my tinnitus is a little lower. Also, before taking this, my ears would feel full after sleeping with a fan on, but now I wake up with no fullness in the ears. I take the brand made by Alive by Nature (4 capsules under the tongue per day).

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      That brand is NMN, not RB right? How long before you noticed a difference in your hyperacusis? Is "instantly" as in from day 1?

5. Robert Aleman

Robert Aleman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm taking both NMN and NAD+ from Alive by Nature. I noticed the effect on my hyperacusis after the 1st day.

• Like Like x 1
    6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      No not at all. I sleep pretty well since I usually take 20-30mg of Full Spectrum CBD oil before bedtime.

7. Kste Adams
      Studious

Kste Adams Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMD, Noise?
      NR gives me palpitations as well, although NMN does not. Regular exercise seems to help. I try to alternate the two supplements but on an irregular schedule (I like to keep my body guessing).

8. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      How's your hearing, Kste? Did you ever get a follow up audiogram. I have started taking NR and am holding out hope for help.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Kste Adams
      Studious

Kste Adams Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMD, Noise?
      Still haven't had the new audiogram, and it's probably about time to do so. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like Like x 1
    10. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I've mentioned in my other posts the anxiety I feel about audiograms. Even with my positive feelings about NR, I'm still scared. Last time I went (2016), I didn't even ask the doc for the results. I just don't want to know if my hearing is getting worse.

11. gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I will give these a go. My tinnitus has always gradually gotten worse but not that often (usually due to noise exposure every 3 to 4 years) but this year it has gotten a lot worse in a short amount of time and I don’t know why it is so sensitive to getting worse.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      It’s getting even lower. And the tone/pitch in my left ear has changed again. It’s even lower. I wonder if since my hearing is improving that my brain is figuring out not to make any noise.

I’m laying in silence on my bed. It sounds like a very distant whooshing instead of a hiss now. And it’s extremely faint.

NR+Resrervatrol seem to be gradually healing the tinnitus away.

I might not even need Lenire. At least I know by the time the device comes out it should silence whatever is left if it stays.

• Like Like x 5
    13. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      My Resveratrol just came in the mail. I'll start stacking tomorrow. If I can hear up to 19 kHz, I won't be spending much time on Tinnitus Talk. :)

14. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I've stopped taking NMN by GenEx. The directions say to take it on an empty stomach which causes me stomach upset and trips to the bathroom. I hate to waste it so I'll see how I do with food. I'll try the Alive By Nature sublingual NMN next. NR, taken with or without food, never causes me any problems.

• Like Like x 1
    15. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
    16. gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Is it a food allergy to one of the ingredients that is causing the upset stomachs?

17. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
    18. Robert Aleman

Robert Aleman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      So Nicotinamide Riboside pretty much had healed my hyperacusis. My hyperacusis was so nonexistent that I decided to attend a party, my friends really wanted me to go so I took the risk. This party had very loud music and I didn't expect the music to be that loud. After that, my hyperacusis got really bad. I'm now taking over 1000 mg of both Nicotinamide Riboside and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide per day to fix this. Is it dangerous to take this much?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I'm thinking about trying this one out to see if this reduces my hyperacusis. Which brand do you take?

20. Kiwibird

Kiwibird Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noises
      Hello jackjohnson183 thanks for your reply to my first message yesterday. I can't work out how to reply to to your emailed questions about hyperacusis (no reply button), so am answering here. I hope that's ok.

With both episodes of hyperacusis, I found myself wincing from the 'pain' of it and having to cover my ears. I remember an early incident in the late '90s when someone struck a metal sheet with a hammer. I became more aware of it at events where there was a lot of clapping. It reached a crescendo when I was in London in 2007 and couldn't handle the noise of the traffic or the underground. I wore ear plugs whenever I was out. It was very unpleasant. I heard about magnesium about then and took that - can't remember how long it took but I think it began to get better quite soon. I took Mg for a few years after that, but eventually stopped.

I'd forgotten about it when the hyperacusis became noticeable again in about 2014. It got so bad by 2017 I couldn't go to any music or group event even with plugs. Just putting away pots in the kitchen 'hurt'. I had no actual pain, as such, but my reaction was like experiencing sudden pain and the ringing in my ears would increase temporarily. I was also afraid my tinnitus was made permanently worse with each instance.

I got back onto the Mg (magnesium) a year or more ago, I suppose. I'm currently taking Mg as aspartate dihydrate 7.5mg, Mg as Orotate 6.4mg, Mg as Amino Acid chelate 161mg (total 174.9mg) x2 per day, having reduced it from 3 per day as it is so much better. I still use plugs if the sound is too loud in a cinema, but am much happier going out and coping with most noise just fine. I guess I just don't absorb Mg well from food - I eat the right things. I also suspect that water filters strip the Mg out of water. I'm told we all respond differently to different types of Mg.

• Like Like x 2
    21. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing all the Magnesium you took was in tablet form and not the one that dissolves in water?

22. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Are you asking about Nicotinamide Riboside or Magnesium?

23. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Nicotinamide Riboside.

24. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I take TruNiagen NR.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Kiwibird

Kiwibird Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noises
      Yes, Jack Johnson183, I am taking tablets.

26. TealD

TealD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Have not read through all of the replies. What is the best brand of this to buy for tinnunitis? Mine just started about a month ago and I want to do everything I can to help beat it. Also can this be taken in conjunction with magnesium 500mg?

27. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Have been taking 250mg/day for 2.5 months now and have not noticed any changes whatsoever.

Not the cheapest supplement either so I will be discontinuing once this bottle is finished.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      You’re not going to notice drastic changes in 2.5 months. You have to stay on NAD+ for years to reap the benefits.

This isn’t something you can take for a few weeks and have your hearing completely restored. It takes a long time. Like I said, I didn’t even notice improvements for about 2 months. I still have it, but it’s not nearly as bad as it used to be. And it seems to be getting *slowly* better as the months progress.

Since then it’s improved quite a bit.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      I was referring more to changes in my tinnitus.

Perhaps I will give it a little longer though - out of curiosity how long before you noticed any changes?

30. Ringeee

Ringeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Has anyone seen a reduction in tinnitus from Nicotinamide Riboside?

• Good Question Good Question x 1