Xenon Pharmaceutical XEN1101 Phase 1 London Clinical Trial

Discussion in 'Research News' started by jer, Mar 3, 2018.

1. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I am not sure if this is already posted, but anyway.

http://epilepsy-london.org/clinical-trial-new-anti-epileptic-drug/

I hope someone on the board is in London and able to get in this trial.

Key Inclusion Criteria:

Healthy male or females aged between 18 and 55 years inclusive with a body mass index (BMI) between 18.50 and 30.00 kg/m2

Must agree to use effective methods of contraception, if applicable

Able to swallow capsules

Able to provide written, personally signed and dated ICF

Key Exclusion Criteria:

Any history of epileptic seizures

Any current and relevant history of significant disease or disorder which, in the opinion of the investigator, may either put the subject at risk, affect clinical or laboratory results, or the subject's ability to participate in the study

Answering "yes" to any of the questions within the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale

Mental incapacity or lingual barriers precluding adequate understanding, cooperation, and compliance with the study

No prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications (except hormonal contraception), herbal or dietary supplements OTC medications 14 days prior to dosing to study end

No smoking 60 days prior to dosing to study end

No soft drugs 3 months prior to Screening and hard drugs 2 years prior to Screening

• Like Like x 1
    2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Interesting, so there's no exclusion criteria if you have tinnitus?

3. Localboy

Localboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss from concerts, hunting, tools, and accident
      It's epilepsy trial so no tinnitus as exclusion criteria. Phase 1 with healthy (no epilepsy or other major diseases the investigator can disqualify you at will) volunteers. You also get paid £1300 if you take part.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think it might be an excellent trial for people to partake in if they are in/near London, or are willing to travel there.

This is what it said on the link. I am not sure if it’s not a criteria. But maybe check to see if it is or not.

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yes, I understand that...However, I would be willing to do the trial, but honestly, it'll be beneficial if they knew the medication has potential for tinnitus. But with how scattergun trobalt was, I guess it makes it harder to tell which channel worked better for tinnitus.

This medication it not working on (KCNQ) both KV7.2/3 , it might not work for tinnitus. I can't say for sure though. In research, the most important channels for epilepsy and tinnitus was KV7.2/3.

Knopp biosciences are making a medication on the same target for epilepsy, KCNQ2 and said this about tinnitus "In tinnitus, we are developing potent channel-subtype activators for proof-of-concept studies in animal models."