Acoustic CR® Neuromodulation: Do It Yourself Guide

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by jibs, Apr 24, 2013.

1. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      I used it for some time, like a week or two. Maybe it helped a little, maybe not.

Remember - if you're not experiencing residual habituation, even a little bit - you're doing it wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      Tinnitus sound therapy, or acoustic neuromodulation therapy, using tones in the 13-14kHz frequency range.

I created this video on youtube after suffering from a raging tinnitus that developed after a series of loud concerts, and playing this in the background every day helped me reduce the noise. Especially useful for being able to fall sleep. I created this video with the frequencies that correspond to my tinnitus 13-14kHz so it may not correspond to your tinnitus, therefore you might need to create a custom one. The trick is to play a series of tones that are below and above your tinnitus frequencies in a pattern that a brain can recognize as a pattern, followed with a 30-45 sec of silence. This will actually help you perceive silence again, as it will take more than a minute for tinnitus to come back, therefore a combination of specific sound pattern and a silence is the most effective.

Tinnitus sound therapy with 13-14kHz -...

Play in in the background of your room just at the level of your tinnitus sound and it may help you perceive silence again. Listen to it in the background even if you are watching TV or listening to music. The effect depends on whether or not your hair cells in the inner ear are capable of receiving sounds of 13-14kHz range as with age our capabilities to perceive higher frequency sounds diminishes, so it may be possible that you wont be able to hear any sound then the therapy using this frequency range wont be effective, you would need to find the correct higher frequency range that your tinnitus corresponds to. If the damage that caused tinnitus is in the range of 13-14 Khz then stimulation of the remaining hair cells that are capable of collecting these sound waves would result in the activation of the regions in the auditory cortex that were partially missing the information from the ear and the brain will reduce the internal noise as the level of information sent to these regions is back to normal. Once this treatment is over tinnitus will come back but with prolonged treatment it may be possible to train the brain to ignore the phantom sound. At least this will make you go to sleep. Right click on the video and press loop to loop indefinitely.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have you had any reduction in volume from this for any sustainable of time yourself personally?

4. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      Yes, the noise reduced significantly from a nearly devastating sound to something quite bearable. First, I started with couple of other neuromodulation tracks,

tinnitus relief - it works

Tinnitus thérapie...

then switched to higher frequencies of 13-14 kHz that I posted, as they were doing the same or even better job and they are not perceived as loud and distracting sounds by the brain. Also other neuromodulation tracks have constantly repeated sound patterns which may be annoying after some time, so introducing silence in between sound patterns did the trick to actually hear the brief silence before tinnitus kicks back in.

5. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How long do you get relief for? 20 mins? 10 hours?

I spoke with the tinnitus clinic today, allegedly this acoustic cr neuromodulation is the real deal, I would hope so for £4,500.

6. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      It is the real deal, but I don't think you need to pay that much money, as you can do it yourself, try with these videos and if they don't work you'd need to make a custom one for your tinnitus frequency.

Tinnitus usually kick back in after minute or couple of minutes, depends. But that is the period you can enjoy the 'silence'. That is why in my video I played a pattern of 13-14kHz tones followed with 45 sec of silence.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      For 1 minute of silence, according to the t clinic by listening to this desyncra it makes long lasting changes to the brain and offers sustained relief.

The problem I have is that I have great difficult findinrg my frequency, it sounds like a boiler and no samples match mine that I can find.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      ...but you have to listen to it 6 hours a day for 4-6 months for it to have effect, if it has an effect. And be £4,500 out of pocket. Lol.

9. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      Yes some people say that after 6 months of neuromodulation therapy their tinnitus was completely gone. I started listening to it as a background sound almost all the time now when I am in a closed space, so hope mine will be gone in a couple of months.

You might be able to find the frequency that you lost, which is probably the frequency of your tinnitus. You can do the hearing test, and see where is the gap on the audiogram. Alternatively, play the scale of frequencies 20Hz-20000Hz and see if you can spot any gaps that you can not hear. You may need to play with the volume. If you don't have any gaps probably the frequency of your tinnitus is the highest one you can hear, i.e. this is where your hair cells started to die for some reason, and you should use that frequency for neuromodulation therapy.

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. Issa

Issa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-2-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Hello, I'm new here, do you think having the desyncra with an audiologist who adjusts my frequency would help me reduce my tinnitus or even silence it?

11. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Here is my latest explanation of How and How Well acoustic CR Neuromodualation works:

Is CR Neuromodulation Effective for Tinnitus?

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      Yes it will help, but you need to find the correct frequency. And the frequency of your tinnitus might change in time. You might try this website that will generate the CR therapy after you match the frequency, see if it helps.

http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

13. Issa

Issa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-2-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Many thanks dr Hobbs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. Issa

Issa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-2-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Thanks alot man

15. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      There are tons of studies that it does make tinnitus worse sometimes too, and any proving that it works is purely invented ... I personally have friends who's tinnitus increases using this ... the explanation why it works imho is flawed because it assumes we know where Tinnitus comes from, most results were taken of the net, if it would work that well, people would release software for free with phones ... may have a positive effect ... same as a placebo ...

If it does hurt your Tinnitus STOP, do not stress yourself more ...

Anyone charging you highly for this should be really questioned his ethics, they probably do not give a crap about your condition but hoping making money of your misery.

:(

16. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      This is so easy to write and say, and it such a great argument of selling you something which is maybe complete BS .... if it does not work you sorry, you got your frequency wrong.

Trusting people when it comes spending money for health ... no way ... if it would be awesome great, people would release the research papers, the correct algorithm would be public available and everyone could try it for free .. since it is just a tone generator ...

Please stop being so naive in my humble opinion .. this is even worse than organized group Tripadvisor fakes .. which is probably 50% of tripadvisor .. at least these people do not play with peoples health ... hehe well maybe they do .. eating crappy food hurt ...

17. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      you can do this treatment for free, at home

18. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      I know but I still think pure audio treatments do nothing ..

• Like Like x 1
    19. mpjanic

mpjanic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      These are strong statements. What studies do you have in mind that show that it makes tinnitus worse? What studies are "invented"?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      You have a link to research papers?

22. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You can find a few on pubmed/clinicaltrials.gov

23. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Interesting you say so .. there are 40ty entries on clinicaltrials, one from Heidelberg about Neuro Modulation which I quote ... No statistical analysis provided for Tinnitus Questionnaire. Also you do not find any text about the results of this one study from 2014 ..

On pubmed you get 5 articles for tinnitus neuro modulation 11142 for tinnitus, none of them about acr, so a statement you can find is quite easy to say.

Oh and a lot of people note to the studies in the German Forschungszentrum in Juelich, they took the papers offline and even if you ask for them you won't get it.

24. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I suspect you are not using the right keywords. Go to pubmed and type in "Acoustic CR Neuromodulation tinnitus". I just did it and got 13 results, some of which contain statistical info.

The results are a bit of a mixed bag: it doesn't seem like a silver bullet (like all the other therapies for T), but it does seem to help some people (again, not unlike many other T therapies).
      I personally tried it and stopped almost immediately as I couldn't hear the tones (due to my hearing loss).

I found some hits on clinicaltrials.gov too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      CORRESPONDANCE from Dysencra

Hi I have been looking at acoustic cr neuromodulation for some time and wanted to try it now and I have some questions if you would mind answering them

1.) are there any independent double blind trails on this as one was in the Uk recently and the results were not published, however a source said it failed to show any significant difference compared to placebo.

2.) the cost for desyncra in the U.K. Is £4,509 and only offered by one provider. There are DIY acoustic cr neuromodulation applications on the internet that just require you to find your frequency and put headphones in. What is the difference from that and £4,400 treatment option at a clinic, apart from obvious professional fees. (Neurostimulator was £1500 - what is that and how is it any different to listening via an iPod.

3.) have you any statistics or feedback of volume reduction of patients? Has any disappeared or gone away completely with treatment?

4.) would this be effective for mild yet tonal tinnitus below 8khz?

Thanks very much

Paul

1) A study was conducted in the UK, but an independent audit revealed errors in the study’s conduct. A report was produced due to the university’s obligation to the UK government, it is not a peer-reviewed report. Due to the lessons learned in this first study, an independent clinical trial is now being conducted in the US.
      2) Our product was developed by Desyncra Tinnitus Ltd. and holds FDA and CE Mark. Any copies you may find online or elsewhere are in violation of intellectual property.
      3) We have several published studies showing reduction of perceived tinnitus loudness (I have attached the literature/clinical summaries here)
      4) You can consult our indications for use, but we cannot recommend any treatment for you. Only a healthcare provider can tell you if you are suitable for this (or any) tinnitus treatment. We are happy to recommend a provider near you who will be able to make a consultation for you.

This is the correspondance I received from Dysencra.

• Informative Informative x 1
    26. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Dr Hobbs - please keep an eye out for this independent clinical trial being conducted right now in the US (see answer 1) to see supposed efficacy.

There was also a Danish journal evaluating all 13 evaluations including approx 393 people and most of them achieved success through a reduction of tinnitus loudness and annoyance.

27. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      @Paulmanlike , I will keep an eye out for it. Please let me know it you get word of it being published.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Like some people on this forum, CR is making my tinnitus worse after 3h my T gets 1-2 level louder, even I listen very silent to it, tried all four of my main frequencies, ... so be careful if you use it.

29. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      So you experience residual habituation? You should be having some RH if you managed to get the frequency right. It's very tricky. Also if your tinnitus is not tonal, it'll do nothing for you.

30. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      I get residual inhibition from special frequencies I found but not from CR, I need to play 2400, 3600, 4800, 5600, 6300, 7600 tones, interesting 4800 is the octave above 24, 76, the quint above that, natural harmonics