Auris Medical IPO

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Cor, Jul 22, 2014.

1. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Apparently Auris Medical AG - which has earlier this year changed name to Auris Medical Holding AG - views some of the risks the way I do...
      Source: http://www.streetinsider.com/SEC+Filings/Form+6-K+Auris+Medical+Holding+For%3A+Dec+03/10064894.html

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      • Like Like x 3
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Auris Medical - EARS is the move again today. Equity raising is going well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Why?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It's all bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      It's just going to the MOON guys!

So glad I heard about it here.

auris-medical-ears.png

• Like Like x 1
    7. weab00
      Gloomy

weab00 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some good mf music
      Damn, big run up. It's practically a vertical line.

8. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. patorjk
      No Mood

patorjk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      Wow, up over 400% as of this writing. Of all of the hearing biotechs I would not have guessed that this one would pop like this. In fairness, they had pretty much crashed down into nothing, but I kind of expected them to stay there. Hats off to anyone who picked any up recently!

A decade ago I exchanged a few emails with their CEO about AM-101. I had actually emailed the contact info on their website and he was the one who responded, I was kind of surprised. He's a pretty nice guy.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Pero1234

Pero1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      home theatre system + high pressure washer
      And it’s down from $5.2 to $2.6.

I wonder what would be a good time to pick up some shares...

I suppose that now we are in the long wait between the initial euphoria of the COVID-19-protection outcome and the next clinical trials... stock prices may come down a bit more... to an interesting level. Say $1.5 - $2.0... before going up again in anticipation of the next clinical trial.

I think having some kind of simple nasal spray that would temporarily protect you from COVID-19 when in crowded areas (such as airports) could become quite popular? I would take it if I that would allow me to get rid of my face mask.

11. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      No it wouldn't. Vaccines are already in existence. Everyone will soon be vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Pero1234

Pero1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      home theatre system + high pressure washer
      I was wondering about that. Without getting political, there may be many opposed to a vaccine while being ok with a nasal spray? What do you think?

13. patorjk
      No Mood

patorjk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      This will be a very small number. One of the main driving forces of the anti-vax movement is a mistrust of science. If they don't trust a vaccine, they're not going to trust a nasal spray, especially if it has to be prescribed.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    14. frpp

frpp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj, Nihl, ototoxic drugs, nerve/ vascular issues
      I'd be down for it. Not an anti-vaxxer but for now I remain skeptical about these new rushed vaccines. I'd like to give it a year or two to see the results, so something like this could work in the interim.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Joe72

Joe72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones use as a teenager and loud event
      Not to rain on the "mistrust of science" parade, but logically speaking, and I'm logical down to my core being, if Science knew precicely the effects of a vaccine down to the cellular level and how it affects each and every aspect of the human body, then it should be able to accuractly predict what small % of the population will experience adverse side effects. There is a reason they created the Vaccine Injury Fund in the USA, UK, and most recently in Canada. Injuries are real. Not everyone's body can take a lifetime's worth of metal adjuvents contained in the vaccines. One size, one vaccine does not fit all. If I give 1oz of vodka to someone with a body mass of 100lbs, and then 1oz to someone weighing 200lbs, it's going to have a different effect. Why even bother with a dosage warning on children's Tylenol? Adjuvent based vaccines are the same. A baby born at 10lbs weight might be better able to cope with metal adjuvents than a baby born at 6 lbs - it's got more body mass to absorb the adjuvents. Yet no one talks about this at all because there is NO proper science being done. In reality, vaccines have become a free-for-all best educated guess kind of science.

The new generation of vaccines and cancer therapies using mRNA technology I am assuming do not use any metal adjuvents in their formulations, but instead rely on lipid nano-particle encased mRNA in which the lipids themselves not only help preserve the mRNA but also act as mild adjuvents. In either case we are doing nothing more than tinkering with the human body, and once injected, there is absolutely no concrete definative knowledge or model that can predict what will happen. What happens if one of your body proteins just happens to match one of the mRNA synthesized proteins? Welcome to a lifelong autoimmune disease where your own body attacks itself. Or you become sensitive to certain foods. Or your joints ache. Or you develop early osteroperosis. To summarize, we are in the neanderthal era of vaccine research, using crude methods we think are working to make us healthy. The entire vax, anti-vax argument is complete and utter BS. The real issue is do we really understand what we are doing to ourselves over decades and decades of commulative injections and are we somehow contributing to an arms race, and hence vaccine dependancy we didn't need in the first place? Follow the money, and you will get that answer. I believe all vaccine research should not be funded by companies who stand to profit from it. Research into human health should be publicly funded and not handed over to private corporations.

End of rant.
      My apologies.