Hate

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hengist, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Hey everyone, I am a 24 y old male who got tinnitus after listening to some loud music on those headphones that go deep in your ears. My tinnitus has begun a little less than 12 days ago.

I know that this forum is the best chance to find support and informed people which can make this situation have better outcome. I would like to ask knowledgeable people like Markkuu, Caitlin and others who do research to please participate in this thread.

I will give my more recent medical history in those areas which I think have relation to ear functionality.
      I have spinal cysts which sometimes cause vertigo if I am in a hot or unstable climate, along with vertigo often comes sensitivity to bright light and other symptoms which are quite disturbing to experiance. I have this problem for years and I would not connect it with tinnitus as for all these years there was no connection and there were more recent and more obvious triggers and causes more often connected with tinnitus.

I experianced and still experiance a lot of stress prior to development of tinnitus and I have just did a lot of dental work with most suspicious being a repair with filling or a 8th tooth which my dentist wanted to just remove. The procedure failed and my tooth still hurts when I expose my mouth to food or drink. Very soon after the tooth was supposedly repaired I experianced pain in it while eating and that pain went from there to almost all of my other upper mouth teeth which never had problems which was a signal for something being obviously wrong. I wanted to remove that tooth but I got told to wait as that unusual pain in other teeth is just temporary irritation. That pain went away in a week and except for the 8th tooth others were normal. However soon after that I got frequent headaches and some weird facial and sinus pain that would not seem serious. Than I listened to that loud but not extremely loud music for some 30-60 minutes and after that I noticed tinnitus which went low after first 3 hours but later stayed at random loudness and went from mostly left ear to mostly right ear.

I am taking pentoxifylline, topical DMSO and MSM for my spinal problems and I also had doxycyline for a month before all of this. Immediately after I noticed that tinnitus did not stop for several hours I took some herbal tratments into my ear and also put some DMSO in it, I cannot confirm that those things worked because although my tinnitus went down it also seems natural that such a loud tinnitus would go down after the first few hours. I went to two ENT's and they both told me my hearing is good and that this is related to stress/neck/jaw issues which I do have as I have frequent neck pain while turning my head left and right and while sleeping which is related to spinal cysts which cause my muscles to be stiff and my jaw has been damaged as a child and is not often clicking and asymmetrical however not so that most people can notice it without looking closely. My opinion is that the 8th tooth caused this, but I am afraid that pulling it out might cause and even bigger irritation or just remove the nerve that needs to be repaired, calmed and like many people feel phantom neurological signals from nerves that are gone but when removed were not properly working.

Right now I am taking 1200mg NAC, magnesium and zinc and some other vitamins and herbs and go to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, while I am on 10m down I do not notice tinnitus with all devices shut down and the tinnitus stays away until a minute or more after I come out of the tank.

I am having trouble concentrating, relaxing and sleeping. The only thing that helps my stress is alcohol and some drugs and showers, however as I am anti-social and do not really go into depression but aggression and my family has a history of violent nervous breakdowns and military service of which the whole family is silent about I fear that future for me and my surroundings and those annoying tourists might randomly become... well you can probably guess.

I require advice and direction as I am in a condition where I lack objectivity and I watch as things are happening which I do not control.

2. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I can say that a good friend of mine went for HBOT within two weeks of onset and was completely cured.

• Like Like x 1
    3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Btw. I went for HBOT , wayyy too late though.
      Creepy stuff right ?
      There was four of us in this tiny thing..hated it .

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Glad to hear about that positive experience, but what was his onset and tinnitus in general like, was it an example of acute acoustic trauma from gunshots, because that has the best cause for HBOT?

5. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      He's a musician so yes ,I would assume acoustic trauma.

6. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi

I had headaches, weird facial and sinus pain right before the onset of my T. I believe its neck/jaw related in my case, but I did have some ache between my 7th and 8th tooth before it started as well..

If you are interested, you can read more about our experiences in this thread: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-pain-facial-pain-etc-possible-treatment.500/

It could be that theres a nerve being irritated somewhere.

Feel free to add any comments to this thread.. Im kinda trying to figure out what causes this stuff myself..

Best wishes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      I think we are in fully the same opinion of our situations right here, it seems that me and you got some nerve irritation. But how do we fix it? Is it too late, what did you do and how did it work? Today I found out that this one person who was on a ship for years got tinnitus for 2 years from some broken machine which gave some signals to his and his shipmate's brains or ears so they lost tinnitus after the device was replaced, but months after.

8. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Theres quite a few of us that is experiencing the same symptoms in the thread I pasted a link for. I have also written down about everything I can think of. I have seen a lot of doctors, neurologists, ENTs etc, but to no help. Hopefully we will be able to figure something out in the end.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Can you please ask your friend about details of his HBOT???
      1. How deep he would go
      2. How many treatments did he recieve
      3. Did he know it was working for him or did it just go away randomly, and how did he know?
      4. How tight was his mask
      5. How much oxygen would the mask put out without breathing (masks can be set to release oxygen alone or only with breathing, pulling it out slowly out of the gas tanks)
      6. How fast did the dive-in and dive-out happen?
      7. How much time did it pass until his tinnitus went away?
      8. What advice would he give to anyone else doing what he is doing in order to maximise the usage of the therapy?

10. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I cannot reach him at the moment.

I do know that he went for quite a few times and was ready to give up when it suddenly started to work.
      I think he went everyday for two weeks.
      I went completely away.
      He only had T for almost a month before he went in.

11. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hello, @Hengist: Should you be interested, there is a very long thread here at TT on HBOT. It rambles a bit off course at time, but you will find many patients' experiences and particulars of their treatments:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy.211/page-15#post-50895

I considered HBOT myself, but decided it was not worth the risk and expense, given there is no firm science that proves it works. I had two doctors advise against it. But some have claimed it indeed helped them -- but it does need to be done as soon as possible after onset. I decided "no" because I already was slightly outside the three month onset window. Also my ears are hypersensitive to pressure (my tinnitus came from barotrauma, not noise exposure) and I was worried HBOT could cause serious damage.

I would encourage you to pursue treatments with a dentist who understands T and TMJ, as this seems to be related. Also, sacro cranial therapies might help (no guarantee) given your disc issues. Finally, you are very new to tinnitus. Your condition may (again, no guarantee) go away as the trauma from your dental work resolves.

Hang in there!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      As I have only 2 treatments left and the machine got an oxygen leakage so that has to be fixed before I go in again, can you please try to get into contact with him?