Is There Any Organisation That Provides Euthanasia for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Liam_Cairns, May 26, 2019.

1. Liam_Cairns

Liam_Cairns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Originally loud Music and was worsened by Micro-suction
      This is a serious question.

I am done with suffering, I don't want someone telling me how it's "going to get better", please give the dignity of an actual answer. You won't change my mind.

Obviously, I don't want to kill myself using DIY means as I am very aware of how wrong this can go, so going down a legal route this route makes logical sense.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Mikejl46

Mikejl46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure,
      Hang in there man, is all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Unfortunately, and disturbingly, the answer to your question is "no." Euthanasia, where it is legal, is available only to the people suffering from a terminal illness who are expected to have less than 6 months left.

Several potential cures are around the corner, so I hope you will take this into account when making your decision.
      If your tinnitus became unbearable after you had microsuction, and you had your microsuction less than 3-6 months ago, there is still a chance that it will fade...

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Liam_Cairns

Liam_Cairns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Man why can't they just give people a dignified death? And nah my tinnitus from microsuction is from a year and a half ago and I have new even worse tone now so I think I'm just going to settle on buying a nitrogen tank and just filling a bag with air and holding it over my head.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Where would you get nitrogen from? Don't they mix it with oxygen like they do helium for this very reason?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Liam_Cairns

Liam_Cairns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Death in a Can: Australia's Euthanasia...

Apparently, brewing makes for a loophole in Australia.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      The only thing I can say is: if you can, please try to give Neuromod's device a try. I've discussed euthanasia with my mother in the past, so I'm not here to say "just give it time, you'll be totally fine" but if you're thinking about ending your life, perhaps you could still hold on and give the Lenire device a chance. I'm seeing a therapist and while it doesn't help me with my tinnitus, it helps me to keep going.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 4
    8. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      People use nitrogen in their tires. I think it is also used for welding, but I can't be sure.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The fact that we are not allowed to have a choice in this matter, basically implies that the government owns us and our bodies.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, if I ever decide to go that route, it sounds like it's the quickest; most painless way to go.

12. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      This is sadly the case. Your parents signed you over to the government when they signed your birth certificate. At that point you just go on the stock market as a piece of IOU. It's quite fascinating actually the more you get into it. We have a legal identity for the purpose of the law which is completely separate to our physical identity. This is why you have a lawyer to represent your legal identity and if in trouble the first thing you do is go to court and confirm your name and address to the court. This is your legal identity and also known as contracting, and you basically agree to allow them to do whatever they want with you. The trick is to separate yourself from your legal identity and to not contract with them. When a copper reads you your legal rights and finally asks you if you 'understand', nearly everyone says yes. This again is contracting, you just said yes I 'stand under' you please kidnap me now.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I discussed this with my family about a year ago. I am more chill now, but definitely thought and still do think that there may be a time for me in the future when assisted suicide is necessary. My friend's daughter did it, she had a bad cancer, and took MDMA on her way out and really bonded with her loved ones. The mother, my ex teacher, is a scientist and has successfully advocated for MDMA to be used with assisted suicide.

There are a few states in the US where one can do this... again brain fog... sorry (acoustic trauma, and brain damage here).

It's been a while since I was searching around seeing what states you can do this, it's definitely better to do it right, in a holistic way so family and yourself can be with cool with it, and the survivors are not traumatized.

I thought some of the previous advice was really sound... wait for possible treatments. You can always lean on drugs for a while if holistic coping techniques aren't working.

Liam Cairns, I can completely relate to your feelings, all of us with severe tinnitus know where you are coming from. Please hold off for now, there really is hope.

Take good care.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      There is no such thing as dignified death. You die or you don't. The perception that death is somehow "dignified" is entirely made up. Before dying in combat was considered dignified and honorable. It was probably one of the worst ways to die (because you probably didn't die right away from your wounds).

Want to die? You will find a way. Don't want to? Then don't.

• Agree Agree x 4
    15. Emanuel Lourenco
      No Mood

Emanuel Lourenco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Nah, it just means they won't help you end the suffering. You can still commit suicide all you want, just gotta have to make sure you succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Liam_Cairns I see you have had tinnitus for 11 years. Was there ever a point where you said I can live with tinnitus?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    17. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's called dignified death because you can decide to end it before your body wouldn't allow you to feel or project dignity anymore. There are situations that make us "uncomfortable" (what a euphemism) in social setting: losing your ability to control your bowel movements, or urination, or endless shaking, or screaming at family you don't recognize, etc... Some people would rather not have others (often loved ones) be witness of this so they can keep a "good mental image" of the person in their hearts and minds.

If you know you have a brain degenerative disease that is likely to end up in you screaming mean things at your loved ones, you may want to spare them the pain and trauma of seeing you like that.

That's what the dignity part of it is about, in my opinion, but people do have various opinions about what it means, as evidenced by answers recorded here: https://www.deathwithdignity.org/news/2017/07/death-with-dignity-means/

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I agree. After a lifetime of doing your "duty" to society (working forty years, getting married, raising the next generation, paying taxes), you shouldn't have to spend your last days, weeks, months, lying helpless in your own urine, with a tube down your throat, waiting for a stranger to spoon feed you and wipe your ass.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    19. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Not everyone can easily 'find a way.' Not everyone 'wants to' but they find the suffering too much to endure.

It's not as black and white or as simple as you make it out to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      I think Western society can be a bit too benevolent. Death is so taboo, we try to prolong life at any cost.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I highly suggest waiting for Neuromod to come out. It may be able to get you in a more comfortable place to wait it out for the next device that will follow from Susan Shore.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Today I learned that not everyone has an emergency stash of materials sufficient to humanely end the lives of themselves and their families in some kind of end-of-the-world Melancholia scenario

y'all might wanna work on that. Tinnitus or not, when large swaths of the planet become uninhabitable over the next 10-20-30 years, and the roaming hordes of starving rapists and murder gangs eventually find their way to your front door, you'll wish you had!

...and that's the most serious reply I've got for a thread that I deeply believe, in no fucking way belongs in the support subforum. Unless OP wants support. Which they seem to be screaming that they do not

23. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Using your logic, one can do anything one wants (e.g., murder), one just has to commit suicide when one is about to get caught. So technically nothing is illegal and off limits.

There is a big difference (as far as expected pain and discomfort are concerned) between a DIY suicide and a doctor-assisted one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Emanuel Lourenco
      No Mood

Emanuel Lourenco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      What?? Yes there is a big difference but, someone determined enough with half a brain can indeed commit suicide, I am not saying it is exactly easy, but no one is stopping you from doing it.

25. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      The world will be uninhabitable by 1990!

26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is like saying that it would be ok to outlaw surgery, because nobody could stop one from performing surgery on themselves (albeit without the benefit of general anaesthesia). It is not difficult to amputate one's own leg or arm. Just keep sawing until you are done.

• Funny Funny x 1
    27. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      And what about the people who are paralyzed from the neck down (or those who are bedridden and in a lot of pain)?

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The worst thing that can happen to a person is when they are in so much pain that they need to commit suicide, but they don't have the ability to commit suicide. If one can't help to alleviate that person's pain, then the second best thing one can do is to help them with their suicide. So you bet this belongs in a support forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Some of us think that San Francisco is becoming uninhabitable

920x920.jpg
      It is unlikely that over the next 30 years this problem will stay in San Francisco, so eventually suicide will indeed end up being the preferable option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The chart you showed is looking at the homeless situation which I think is pretty limited to SF and similar areas, that is, "places you can live outdoors year round which also occur in liberally-run states with lots of access to services for poor people". The unfortunate effect is that creates a magnet for people in bad situations.

I was, full stop, just talking about climate change and the effect it's likely to have here and abroad. In no way do I think that suicide is going to become an attractive option for the average American over that timeframe, but, large swaths of habitable land are going to become inhabitable. NYC will likely survive, at least for my lifetime, because it's the financial pulse of the country and therefore billions or trillions will be spent to keep it floating. But places like Phoenix, where car tires will start popping in the summer sun, and the simple cost of air conditioning will be unaffordable for a lot of people?

There are a lot of reasons I moved to the top of a mountain in a remote town that's practically in Canada, but I'd be lying if I said that thinking about all this stuff wasn't among them.
      I disagree with your first comment entirely, and I think the harm done to random scared new sufferers seeing threads like that front and center outweighs any good that can come of them. If someone wants to kill themselves, whatever, not my problem or my concern, but I stand by my original comment.