Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Damocles
      Spooky

Damocles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Here @PeteJ, while I'm not dismissing the placebo theory (that's not what people who like science do), it has it's place amongst all the other theories (as we are currently in an ongoing experiment). But look at these posts by @Matchbox and @K.A.:

Match.PNG

KA.PNG

Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse? | Page 22 | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum

They both make an extremely good point, that considering how the spike protein works, some people may be getting ill and others not, simply by luck of the draw, regarding how (and by whom) their vaccines are administered.

Add it to the pile.

Attached Files:

2. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How’s it going in the basement with parents above your head...? Is the basement a smelly moist one or nice?

Hugs.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Michael Leigh:

There appears to be only one practitioner of TRT in the entire Chicago area (which is incredible given that this is the third largest city in the US) who is located in the most out-of-sight wealthy North Shore suburb.

In fact, I am not sure how old this website is, and whether it is still even offered.

And, if in fact they no longer offer it, then how am I supposed to find and get to someone who does?

If this has been demonstrated to be so effective, then why are there not more practitioners in such a large metropolitan area?

No ENT Doctor I have ever seen has recommended or alluded to this in any way.

Are you actually serious about how this entire program could cost in excess of $6,600.00 and take in excess of two years?

I can guarantee you that Medicare and all of the Private Health Insurance Carriers in the US would unconditionally not provide coverage for this.

How many posters on Tinnitus Talk do you think have this kind of discretionary income, outlay of time and capacity for such patience?

Given the cost, scarcity of practitioners, and extensive time commitment isn't it unrealistic to expect anyone to be able to avail themselves of this?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Damocles
      Spooky

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      All funding to TRT and CBT as "treatments" for tinnitus should be cut immediately, and be redistributed into funding for research into real and upcoming treatments, such as: Xenon Pharmaceuticals reformulation of Retigabine/Trobalt (Xenon Pharmaceutical's XEN1101 — Kv7 Potassium Channel Modulator | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum) and of course, the soon to be released Susan Shore device (New University of Michigan Tinnitus Discovery — Signal Timing | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum).

The list of ventures targeting tinnitus is exciting, but unfortunately is being starved of oxygen by stupidity and complacency, and any tinnitus sufferer endorsing TRT is tantamount to a checkout assistant endorsing self-service shopping.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are entitled to your opinion.

Goodbye and I wish you well.

Michael

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Omg, please stay the fuck out of the suicidal thread. That's literally all that I ask.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. DaveFromChicago

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Damocles:

Excellent analogy in characterizing TRT in relation to the Checkout Assistant vs. Self Service.

The real nature of the proponents of TRT is revealed when they not only want to remain with the checkout assistants, but will argue against replacing them with computerized self-service stations (because, obviously there will no longer be any reason to seek out their "services.")

I regard this as having a salesman in an electronics store recommend a Black and White TV when perhaps in the not-to-distant future he may be getting in a multi-product shipment of flat screen digital Color Units.

Or, as far as I am concerned TRT is equivalent to suddenly not having any electricity
      in your home. When you call out the electrician, he says "There's nothing I can do about restoring your power, so why don't you just learn to read until it gets too dark to see?"

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Wrfortiscue
      Provocative

Wrfortiscue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I mean you and Damocles aren’t wrong. We SHOULD have more available treatments out there, but like you said we don’t, and TRT is the next best thing. Not everyone can afford it nor will it work for all, but it’s worth a shot if it’s an option to someone.

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. DaveFromChicago

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Damocles's very insightful comment about the paucity of funding for tinnitus research is described potently by Dr. Susan Shore when she testified before Congress. She said:

"When you consider that cost ($3 billion in disability payments to tinnitus-afflicted veterans) in comparison to what is being spent on tinnitus research, there is a severe disconnect. Up until very recently the amount of money being spent on tinnitus research was negligible. At the end of 2012, between all private and public funding in the US approximately $10 million was spent on funding research. This is up from a mere $1.5 million in 2005."

For her complete testimony, go to "Dr. Susan E Shore / House Committee on Veterans Affairs."

If you want proof of the incomprehensible ineptitude and financial wastage of the US Government, (and why there is no effective treatment), just consider that they were willing to pay out $3 billion for a condition that they originally funded (the relative pittance) of $1.5 million to find a cure for.

If they had allocated that $3 billion for research, how much closer would we be in having a cure?

• Winner Winner x 1
    10. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Ask Michael if he will pay for it? He sure champions it enough.

• Funny Funny x 2
    11. PeteJ
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      So, is it better to get jabbed in the right arm or the left arm?

Did you know that an Ontario research team is working towards a COVID-19 nasal spray? Maybe going up your nose is better?

Ask @Matchbox. Maybe he knows?

• Like Like x 1
    12. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus is a very common condition that many people habituate to within a short space of time. However, it can also be complex, because it comes in different levels of severity and no two people will experience it the same. If a person also has hyperacusis it can complicate matters especially when it is severe. If there are other health conditions affecting the person it compounds the issue even more.

TRT, CBT, medication, sound therapy, counselling, hearing aids may not help everyone with tinnitus but these are the treatments currently available. I welcome any advancement in medicine that will help people to cope better with tinnitus. Some people put all their hopes on new medical research into tinnitus and trials only to feel let down. Whilst it's good to be optimistic, I say if you're having difficulty coping with tinnitus and hyperacusis and self help isn't working, then try and seek some professional help.

Take care,
      Michael

• Like Like x 4
    13. Damocles
      Spooky

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Lol. It definitely makes no difference (assuming the theory is correct).
      I did know about this, as well as the daily COVID-19 pill that Pfizer is currently in the process of trialling to take alongside their vaccine "booster shots", and their application to administer the vaccine to babies as young as 6 months old.

Pfizer has come out on top here and is looking to make a diabolical sum of money by completely monopolising the COVID-19 board game. Which is interesting because AstraZeneca (one of the big 4) have bucked the trend of being a greedy and cynical pharmaceutical company, and actually demonstrated a modicum of honesty by announcing that "booster shots" are completely unnecessary.

AstraZeneca vaccine designer says Covid boosters are unnecessary for most people & should be sent to countries in need instead — RT UK News

Hence why Pfizer, I believe, will eventually become the sole distributor of (useless and potentially harmful) COVID-19 preventatives and treatments.
      I think we both know the answer to this.

Think about cocaine, when you snort it, where does it go? Directly into the bloodstream via blood vessels in the nose. If the Rebel Alliance of anti-COVID-vaccine scientists and doctors are correct, and the spike protein in the vaccines is indeed directly causing: the blood clots, myocarditis and neurological damage we're seeing in some vaccinated, then inhaling the thing is going to cause damage on an unimaginable scale.

At this point you completely eliminate one of the two things pro-COVID-19-vaccine lobbyists were sticking to as a reason that said vaccines were "perfectly safe"; that the spike proteins remain at the site of injection, in the deltoid muscle and lymph nodes. This would totally cut out the middle man (aka. deltoid muscle) and introduce the spike protein directly to the bloodstream, with no obstacle.
      I take it you're not fond of @Matchbox then. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Just ask for a placebo lol. No, seriously though, if they were to jab me I would immediately cut off my arm :ROFL: Then the 2nd shot I'd cut off my other arm... no arms, no more shots, problem solved :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    15. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Damocles, maybe this one would be more appropriate? And not the Suicidal one:

Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Are you referring to this trial?

A Study to Evaluate Efficacy, Safety, and Immunogenicity of mRNA-1273 Vaccine in Adults Aged 18 Years and Older to Prevent COVID-19

I agree that how the public will react to the vaccines will have meaningful information going forward, but placebo groups and experimental groups probably are restricted to participants who are actually enrolled in trials. In that sense that's easier to track how the vaccines work, because it gives researchers opportunity to compare groups with comparable features and analyze their progression. That must be much more troublesome with the general public.

Well, ok. It is doable to trace everyone who got the vaccines, but mainly for hospitalization and death, I doubt that every sore arm, fever, or headache would be followed through batch numbers and so on. Many people don't even report mildish side effects. And Pete, maybe he was joking, said that lack of reactions of Dan's mom means that she got lucky and probably had the placebo.

I'll look into the things you said about Pharma companies, thanks.

We live in strange times, you are right, but I guess in emergency use, benefits of the vaccines still probably outweigh the risk of death caused by COVID-19. Maybe in a couple of years we will have more definitive answers.

So another reason to not off ourselves because of tinnitus to have the chance to "know the truth" about these lovely times in hindsight. (Sorry for being a bit morbid, having a shitty day.)

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Wrfortiscue
      Provocative

Wrfortiscue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I only see Trump supporters and anti-vaxxers dying on Facebook news. Don’t support Trump and talk good about vaccines and you’ll live problem solved. You’re at 50% protection lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I like your style broh! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. Damocles
      Spooky

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      LOL @Kriszti! Well I'll concede, it is quite absurd that the vaccine debate has now spilled into this part of Tinnitus Talk.

If ever there were an inappropriate thread for such a thing, the Suicidal thread is definitely it.

I, however, am simply responding to what I identify as misinformation wherever it randomly pops up, and not really paying much attention to the thread titles anymore.

Still, I can only imagine how bizarre it must be if you're actually feeling suicidal with tinnitus at the moment, and then you enter this thread to find all this vaccine madness up in your face.

If/when I respond, I'll do so in the thread you linked there.

Apologies to everyone who is genuinely struggling right now.

• Like Like x 2
      • Genius Genius x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. MissYouSilence

MissYouSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since 2011, far worse since 01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My own idiocy (headphones)
      After those many months I hoped I would be able to write a success story.

But no, I have no improvement since then. Ear discomfort is always there. The pain is still there, although it sometimes dissappears for a few hours. The many different tones are there.

Noises that people make are very uncomfortable and make the various tinnitus more apparent. Masking does not work at all and increase the discomfort. Wearing ear protections is not a relief as it did when I had mild tinnitus because the brain noises become very loud and they are very unpleasant.

Self-pity is pointless but I feel completely hopeless at this point. The worse part of it is that I did it to myself.

• Hug Hug x 9
    20. PeteJ
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      You sound like a physician giving the message, "you have to learn to live with it."

To that I say, *expletive, expletive.*

The only hope for severe tinnitus is some miracle cure/treatment and no, I don't think that's coming anytime soon.

Also, to the comments about COVID-19/vaccines coming into this thread.

You can be assured that Healthcare funding is moving away from tinnitus treatments and research to COVID-19 funding.

So, your suicidal thoughts won't change any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    21. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not very hopeful to be honest, but COVID-19 can also cause tinnitus and wide range of neurological issues, so maybe we can profit a little bit from that research as well. Fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    22. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I am not a physician and have no intention of trying to sound like one. I am someone like others in this forum that has experience with tinnitus. If I were a physician and didn't have tinnitus, then I wouldn't have the faintest idea what tinnitus is like to live with, or able to give advice to anyone having difficulty coping with it.

Michael

23. PeteJ
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Incorrect.

Anyway, the $ is going into COVID-19, not researching treatment or cures for tinnitus as I said. My point remains.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    24. PeteJ
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Can you get tinnitus from a cold?

Does it spike from colds/flu (already have tinnitus, get a cold and it spikes)?

I believe I had only one bad cold after getting tinnitus. I got tinnitus in February 2019 and a cold in the early spring. My tinnitus spiked or intensified. But, it also goes extra haywire when I get a headache.

• Hug Hug x 2
    25. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sounds very familiar to others here :/

26. Óscar PP

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Every virus can give you tinnitus if it's able to infect and destroy your stereocilia.

The most common and documented ones are Measles virus, VZV, CMV, EBV, Ebola and all the famous coronaviruses (Sars1 & 2, MERS, etc).

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 16 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      If you get viral damage, how does it normally appear on your audiogram? Bilateral, unilateral, symmetrical, sloping or notched?

28. Óscar PP

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Viruses normally reach your inner ear through the Eustachian tubes, and the damage is almost always bilateral.

29. Ava Lugo
      Gloomy

Ava Lugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/03/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      @HootOwl, I got a question, do you still hear distortions in things?

30. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I was listening to an old soundtrack I used to listen to a lot a year or so back, there are higher pitched tones in the background that added a lot. Guess what? I can barely hear them anymore. I think this is a sign to check out. I've been super careful and it seems my hearing just keeps getting worse and my tinnitus louder. Even got one of those Chinese ear cameras to check for wax, it's clear.

I'm done with this simulation. Get me out.

• Hug Hug x 3