Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Ben S
      Curious

Ben S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      That's so awesome, it really is. I would really like to know where people get these 5-10 year estimates for when viable treatments will be out. It's just uniformed and incredibly pessimistic. I understand how awful tinnitus and HL are and how it affects your outlook on the future, but it's not the 2010's anymore...

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have no idea how long it takes to bring a drug to market after a completion of Phase 3/Phase 2... If it actually takes years after a study is completed to bring the drug to market, you might be right.

• Like Like x 1
    3. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Was not a bunch of hope pinned on Lenire? See where that is winding up...

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      That’s like comparing apples to genetically modified oranges.

• Like Like x 1
    5. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      I'm not referring to the tech as much as everybody is pinning their hopes vs how many people it will actually help.

6. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Same for me

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      It's not considered a disability in any country but is this site and their sponsors the ATA, BTA etc. doing anything about that? No, nothing. Zero.

No one other than other tinnitus sufferers have any clue about the condition and even then, it's limited. People whine about others here posting about their suffering and suicidal thoughts but SAY NOTHING about how this condition is ignored even by the advocates and related agencies.

I don't understand it. I feel like I am the only one mad about it. When I am gone, it'll be zero.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Realistically I give myself a 2 year. If I’m suffering past then, I don’t want to continue.

I’m not going to sit at home all day for years to come just to feel more lonely and pick up various other disorders along the way

If I’m lucky, I’ll develop something soon that will take me out

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      @Orions Pain what really hurts me the most, is that Christmas 2019 was my first in over 10 years I didn't struggle at all. My mental illnesses were in the background, and I've had the happiest Christmas since I was a small child. One and a half week later, I end up with tinnitus. But I guess that's just life. I still have moments of happiness - actually, even though I felt horrible this morning, I'm feeling pretty calm right now, listening to some music and writing a bit :)

But I absolutely didn't need the reminder of how awful being genuinely suicidal felt. Hang in there if you can, I will try too.

10. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This is simply not true. My mom is severely depressed right now and is suicidal. She has already tried to take her own life twice by overdosing and I can assure you that the pain and torment she feels is every bit as bad as what some are facing on this forum.

There can be no distinction made between the two conditions when it comes to suffering, so there’s no point in making these comparisons. To me, it just shows ignorance towards real depression and how bad it can get. Many people have lost their lives to it just like tinnitus sufferers have, and today, a TV presenter in the U.K. took her own life (which was most likely because of depression).

Depression is still the biggest killer of young males.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Do not assume till you walk in their shoes. Assumption is a fallacy. Walk in their shoes, live their lives, then validate your statement....

As someone that lives with a VERY bad case of tinnitus, I have the most respect for all that suffer from tinnitus. I also, I have the most respect for those that have hardship outside tinnitus, that are doing their best to live their lives. Never assume how someone feels, have compassion towards their struggles as well.....

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    12. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      My tinnitus sucks as well, but it's not enough to make me want to off myself.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thinking about how my preferred method would probably be a gun but I’d still put ear plugs in just in case I fail some how and get stuck with even worse T and H

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    14. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I wish I had a way to do it tonight. I don’t even have a bathtub in my house. Or painkillers. We do have a couple big bridges around here tho

• Hug Hug x 2
    15. Donnamaria

Donnamaria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Orions,

Sorry you feel so bad. I am new to Tinnitus and have also felt suicidal . I have only had it for 12 weeks.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Same for me, approaching 3 months soon.
      My Hyperacusis is by far worse than my T

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. I_Hate_My_Ears

I_Hate_My_Ears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      My tinnitus is extremely loud today. Maybe its because I got kicked out of the house and I used the car horn yesterday before I left because I was a little mad. I don't know anymore I hate tinnitus and I seriously worry my hearing is deteriorating because the sounds never stop and get worse at times. I wish seeing an audiologist wasn't so expensive.

• Hug Hug x 2
    18. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      There is no guarantee they can help you. I am on my 3rd and nada!

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Struggling.

• Hug Hug x 3
    20. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I had depression before and I know lots of people who have it. There's no comparison to someone who has severe tinnitus. No one is going to convince me otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 7
    21. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Then your tinnitus isn't that bad.

I have had depression before tinnitus and I know others who have depression. Whatever it is that has them depressed, explainable or unexplainable, they still don't have loud fucking tones in their head and ears!

• Agree Agree x 5
    22. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yeah save your money

23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      They're useless unless your tinnitus is mild.

Some people here say their tinnitus fluctuates and they had help from audiologists. But, if it's loud and intrusive 24/7, there's nothing that they can do. Some people claim hearing aids help while others say they made things worse.

I don't think anything helps and I wish there was an easy way to commit suicide.

• Hug Hug x 3
    24. MichaelSF

MichaelSF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, Anxiety,
      Stress and anxiety will make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 5
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Your comments are insulting to anyone who has had to deal with real physical depression at a level that is seriously debilitating, either personally, or via a family member or friend.

The only thing I can be sure of is that your previous depression wasn’t too serious and those whom you have spoken to either have mild depression or are actually just “sad.” I think many people today think they are depressed when they actually just have a low mood which is nothing like severe depression. I’ve witnessed things that no son should ever have to.

I understand that your comments are born out of frustration and that it’s likely you don’t even mean the things you say, but this isn’t the first time you’ve made this comparison and I don’t think it helps anyone, including yourself.

I have severe “multi-sound” tinnitus that I hear all the time. My head is a constant cacophony of noise and it had me on my knees begging for death, just like you, so I really do understand your emotions and where you’re coming from. I lost everything that I’d built my life around which was utterly devastating.

Life can be really cruel, Pete, and I sincerely wish you well, but comparing your problems to others isn’t going to help you because your pain and suffering will always win, as it’s your life. Dealing with debilitating health issues is never easy especially when the problems you are facing are new to you. We often have no choice but to look for the inner strength that we never knew we had or existed, but it’s there somewhere. With the passing of time, there’s a good chance that the impact it has over you will lessen but this takes a lot of patience.

It’s incredibly sad to see so many of you in such pain, but I believe you can all weather the storm, I know you can. There’s also a lot of potential treatments in the pipeline as well, so never say never.

• Like Like x 7
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    26. xyz
      Alienated

xyz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 mild T 2019 T worsening H onset
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / probably noise induced
      Just that people kill themselves because of depression tells that it must be also debilitating. Unfortunately there is way more research done on depression than on tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes very good point... at least there are actual treatments for depression and more awareness...

Heck I even see govt. commercials for depression... never ever seen a tinnitus commercial...

• Agree Agree x 3
    28. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Sorry for your suffering, believe me I'm in the same boat. 5am now, wide awake.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm sure acute depression is also hell, but I heard depressed people sleep most of the time... sounds wonderful, just sleep and more sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      No. The worst kind of depression is a living hell and is very much comparable to the suffering one can go through with a bad case of tinnitus. Anything that is awful enough to make someone end their life is pure evil and more needs to be done to help all those who suffer in such inhumane ways, regardless of the reason.

It doesn’t make your own situation any better to believe that you are suffering more than others. It’s a bad mindset to get yourself into.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1