Thiamine Pyrophosphate (TPP) Stopped My Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Azariah, Feb 19, 2016.

1. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      My Coenzymated sublingual B1 arrived today, ill keep you informed

• Like Like x 2
    2. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      I stopped taking B1 and started taking the coenzymated B complex by source naturals. It's been about 7 days and today my T has been the lowest volume and least intrusive of the last 16 months. It is a significant reduction and huge improvement in quality of life. I have had periods of lower T in the past but never this low. I also take a multivitamin which I've been taking for months off and on and i stopped all other supplements like turmeric.

• Like Like x 4
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

Hi there,

Thank you for posting this.

And, I sincerely thank Azaria for being so generous and kind with this thread. THANKYOU.

Did you feel the b1 helped you at all? made it worse?

4. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      Where did you order it from? Amazon seems to have all but the B complex.

5. Ron Robles
      Confused

Ron Robles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 4 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Sorry missed all this are we talking about just vitamin b here ?

6. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      No coenzymated B1 but as above maybe best to get a coenzymated B complex ,swansons in your country does it

7. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      Coenzymated B1 did nothing for me. I ordered the coenzymated B complex from iHerb. Hope it helps because the reactive tinnitus became much worse.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      Thanks for sharing this experience. All data are important.

Just wondering: How much of the coenzymated B1 were you taking, and for how long?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      I don't have this data.

However, in the past I had been taking Thiamine HCl above the USRDA. This had no effect on my T.

That is, I know my INTAKE in B1 was not deficient before I started on the coenzymated form.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      Hi Leo-

Just curious: How long were you taking the Coenzymated B1 alone, and what date did you switch to the Coenzymated B Complex?

Also, can you provide a link to the Coenzymated B Complex you take, so I can take a look at it?

Thanks!

11. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is back to normal levels after about 36hrs of the reduced volume/intrusiveness. I also had sinusitis during this time and I still have it but I think it's unrelated. I don't know if it was just the B1 or the B complex that caused that temporary reduction. Im hoping this is a normal course of restoration/repair/vitamin deficiency improvement and things will improve. I know it's wishful thinking but I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

12. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    13. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I increased the dosage of B1 so 1/10th pill on day one, same on day 2, about 1/5 on 3,4 and maybe half a pill on day 5. I noticed the B complex when i was at Natural grocers and i remember reading that the b vitamins should be taken in reasonable proportion to one another so i switched. I took the B complex for two days and then had much lower T. I highly doubt it's a coincidence and im certain it was a marked improvement. It has 867% of the USRDA of thiamine/B1 See attached photo of the source naturals Coenzymated B complex.

14. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Arrived , my order from Amazon failed, ordered from Iherb , took two days to Iceland.

Trying this .

15. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Btw..(And i have read all the posts) Why specifically is it recommended not to just take the whole pill and crush it or split ?

16. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      Did the B1 have any effect? It did not for me but I took the whole pill. My B complex is supposed to arrive today so hope to get a better result. It's hard to say for sure but I think the B1 made the T worse.

17. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I'm not sure why should this vitamin be taken in exact dosages. B-vitamins are water soluable which means that the part of your body doesn't use, will be washed away by metabolism.

And to be honest I'm having hard time finding any official or at least semi-official sources which states that if you are healthy individual, you would need coenzymated B-vitamins instead of normal ones (on the eldery people this seems to be the case).

On the other hand if this true that coenzymed B-vitamins will be absorbed better than normal ones - then I'm interested because of my workout routines. Additionally B-vitamin deficiency elevates estrogen levels which is bad for testosterone which means less results at gym xD

18. Zechariah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      So, here you basically say that you suspected that you could be deficient in thiamine and also that your intake may not be enough.

Here you state that you were not deficient in vitamin B1 (even though you haven't measured them).

Here you state that it was your intake in B1 was not deficient.

Kind of inconsistent would you say?

I'm not saying that coenzymed B1 couldn't help. I'm saying that it is way more likely to help if you are deficient in it (like you most likely were). Especially if you are over 50-60 years and/or drink moderate amounts of alcohol - you are very likely to be deficient in B1 vitamin.

And based on the "evidence" it is also as likely that you just got your nervous system fixed -> sleep apnea got better -> slept better -> tinnitus got way lower. Which means that B1 had nothing to do with fixing your T directly.

It's all about perspective. Sorry about being so negative...I mean realistic! I've been on the forum for awhile and I get annoyed when people are offering "miracle" cures which won't help 99,9% of the sufferers. Usually there is one or two members who report some sort of improvement but I think they are pretty much always some sort of placebo because these anecdotal evidences are usually forgotten and even the members who reported improvement won't mention it again in other future threads.

The good thing is that coenzymed B1-vitamin (or I'd prefer coenzymed B Complex) is cheap and people may generally benefit from it and get healthier so I don't mind you boasting about this thing here. Just be more consistent and think twice before you state something absolute.

• Like Like x 1
    19. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

Azariahs t went away completely in the beginning before he started cpap with activated b1. How do you explain that then?

• Like Like x 2
    20. Zechariah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The explanation is in my message (actually there is two possible ones but I seems that you chose the latter one) but it's all speculation - just like original posters messages.

21. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      As is your response .. speculation..

• Like Like x 1
    22. Zechariah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That's what I wrote? Do you even read my messages? :D

23. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Back to the thread...

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      I tend to agree with @Zechariah. Deep down, I don't believe any vitamins can cure any T except in the rarest of circumstances where a true deficiency may exist. I tried full dose enzymated B1 for about a week, nothing. Tried 2 days of enzymated B complex, so far nothing. Perhaps it may take longer but if there is zero effect after 2 days I'm not that hopeful. In theory, B6 should increase GABA levels in the brain to create a benzo-like effect but I'm not feeling it yet.

25. Paul Burdett

Paul Burdett Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      OK...so I am in my second week of taking the B1. As suggested by Azariah I crush a pill in around 10ml water (around 200 drops!) and I'm currently taking around 15 drops a day (which I equate with the recommended amount of around 1.2mg). I've noticed that my T is lower in volume when I wake up in the morning, and has reduced to pretty well zero for the past four days. Today is a "noisy" day, but not as loud as it can be. However, as I have retired from work (school teacher) my stress/anxiety levels are way down, so that may account for the drop in T. I note that I have had more fruit and even a little "bad" sugar over the past week and it has not had an effect on my T...as I thought it might have had. Will keep you posted.:)

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Here is an excerpt of some research on B vitamin levels. "As noted above, the optimum level of any micronutrient must lie well above the RDA, and the B vitamins can generally be consumed at many times the RDA. This raises the question of how much of these vitamins should we consume? Whilst this issue is poorly understood to date, several strands of evidence suggest that increasing consumption well above the RDA should be a more effective strategy."

From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772032/

As this research discusses, the RDA for nutrients are vague guesses based on little evidence. The amount of B or other vitamins that people need varies dramatically based on individual differences, sex, lifestyle etc. The RDA is not intended to be an optimal level for consumption of nutrients and there are dozens of studies that show that a huge percentage of people 10-20% in the western world are dangerously deficient, not just sub-optimal, deficient - to the point of showing signs of serious disease. The medical profession and research community know very little about vitamins and how much we need. Two weeks of any kind of therapy is unlikely to be meaningful for someone with sub-optimal levels of nutrients. Who knows, it could take months, as someone with sub-optimal levels may have adapted to low levels and it may take the body years? Who knows. Your skepticism is based on a false sense that the medical community knows what your body needs. They know very very little.

27. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Is this an unusual fluctuation for you ?
      This happens randomly to me so just wondering .

• Creative Creative x 1
    28. Paul Burdett

Paul Burdett Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi..No, this is not unusual. I can go 2,3,or less often 4 days of little to no tinnitus, with the average of 3 days before a loud day. Other times I can only have a good day once or twice a week. However, as I have given up work I have less anxiety/stress so I believe this is a reason it's been better over the past two weeks. Note that I always wake up with it loud...but (like others here) after a shower it often reduces to very soft or no T, unless I really listen for it. I've also noticed that it is more noticeable when driving in the car...not sure why! I'm hoping that my T is going to get better as after two and a half years I really have had enough! I'm just so grateful for the quiet days...I know others here do not have that. Good luck with yours.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I have used this same product for a few months now, on and off
      Just take one pill per day under the tongue as per instructions
      I have never noticed any change in my T but again I have noise T that isn't linked to vitamins or stress so I wasn't expecting much anyways - perhaps for someone with severe vitamins deficiency..

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      Hi there RaZaH,

That just happens to be the way that I did it that worked for me. There is some logic to it, though. B vitamins are water soluble, which means they are removed from the bloodstream rather rapidly. I figured that dosing myself three times a day would be more likely to keep the vitamin levels at a good level throughout the day.

That being said, try it any way you want to!

I'm only sharing my personal experiences. As I've mentioned several times, I have no idea if this will work for other people. This isn't science.

FYI, December is my one year anniversary on TPP, and my T is still 85-90% better.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1