Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. K.A.

K.A. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2008, then 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Yea, you might be right in the end, maybe the virus will transform to a less dangerous version, I have never understood how this works. I had and have no way not to be exposed eventually due to family members going to school and another working at the hospital, so I felt I had to take a vaccine due to the risks and uncertainties involved with the Delta variant.

I am wondering now however, if I in the future should get or not get any "booster" doses, and if is better that it is of the same type (Pfizer) since I already have taken that, or if it would be better to take Novavax or something like that if the time comes...

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Really? I didn't know they have hospitals only for COVID-19. I also don't believe heresay. Numbers out of Israel are most hospitalized are vaccinated.

3. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know what's happening in other countries. Here, in Romania, they transformed some of the hospitals in COVID-19 hospitals ( only for COVID-19 patients).

Also, I was talking about patients dying (the unvaccinated ones). Yes, there are also vaccinated people that are hospitalised.

4. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2019-Concert, 2021-headphones/acoustic trauma at 110dB,16kHz
      That is purely because most of the population is vaccinated. In my country with roughly 60-65% vaccinated, the majority of hospitalised people are unvaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Oh so both unvaccinated and vaccinated are in hospital but only unvaccinated are dying.

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That's sometimes called Simpson's paradox

Here's an example that is easy to understand.

We can imagine a village of 100 people, 90 are vaccinated, 10 are not.

Out of the 90 vaccinated people, 5 end up in the hospital.
      Out of the 10 vaccinated people, 5 end up in the hospital.

With that data only, we clearly see the benefits of the vaccine on hospitalization: 5 out of 90 vs 5 out of 10. That's 9 times better!

However, if we start talking about hospitalizations only, we'll say "half of the hospitalizations are vaccinated people", and we would technically be stating the truth, but (mis)leading people into believing that vaccination doesn't help hospitalization.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 2
    7. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not only unvaccinated. But mostly the unvaccinated ones.

For example, here, in Romania, 90% of the deaths are in people who weren't vaccinated.

8. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      CNN.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    9. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know what you mean. I also like to be prepared for every eventuality. :)

But it isn't that simple with antibiotics, because it depends of what kind of bacterial infection you have, and you just can't be prepared for everything!

But to try to answer your question, if I were to choose one, that would be Augmentin.

By the way, how's your hair situation these days?
      Feel free to post in the "Photo Album" thread! :)

10. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      So what you're saying is if out of a population of say 10 million, 9,999,999 of them are fully vaccinated and 1 dude was unvaccinated and the hospital had 1000 vaccinated people and 1 unvaccinated person, means that all the unvaccinated or 100% were hospitalized as opposed to only 0.01% of the vaccinated, even though the actual number of patients of vaccinated are 1000X greater...

11. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Secret photos taken of a Pfizer boardroom meeting were leaked just a couple of hours ago.

pfizer.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/91
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Other
      You really shouldn't believe hearsay. Earlier this year in the UK there was a case of a BBC interview with a nurse, Laura Duffel, who claimed that her ward was full of children sick with COVID-19 and that the second wave (remember that?) was "much scarier" than the first wave.

BBC complaint is upheld after Adrian Chiles failed to debunk hospital matron's scaremongering claim that she had a 'whole ward of children with Covid'

It turns out that she fabricated the children sick with COVID-19. Simply made it up. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. But it goes to show that we really need to take a lot of what supposed "insiders" say during this time with a very large pinch of salt.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      According to some newspapers, in Bulgaria, Romania, and in some countries in Eastern Europe the rate of vaccination is very low. Even so, people from those countries are travelling around Europe with no problems...

So either not being vaccinated is not a problem at all, or our governments in Europe are totally irresponsible for opening up the borders without establishing effective controls to prevent COVID-19 from spreading further.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's partially this, but as far as I know, you need to be vaccinated or have a recent negative COVID-19 test if you want to travel.

15. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      Thanks for the feedback on Augmentin. I will keep that in my back pocket.

Lol I had to cut my hair off. Wife's orders. She didn't like my long hair.

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. Rafa blues

Rafa blues Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      I have had tinnitus & hyperacusis for about 14 years due to loud music. I try to protect my ears in general, whether is noise, ototoxic meds, etc

I didn't get the vax in case would affect my tinnitus.

Unfortunately, I caught the virus 2 months ago, mild case, flu like symptoms but with a killer headache for about 10 days.

After 2 months, the virus has left me with fatigue, light headaches and worsened tinnitus which is impacting my quality of life.

I take vitamins and supplements daily but nothing seams to work.

The government protocol for this virus has been staying home during 10 days and do nothing so your body gets destroyed, without stopping the virus replication with meds that could easily do such work, if taken early.

I have a fellow musician friend, vaccinated, who got the virus too a month ago and he has developed severe tinnitus after contracting the virus. Go figure.

Good luck to all & stay safe.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      My friend travelled from Bulgaria and he said no one asked him for any test or proof of vaccination.

18. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Has anyone gotten the third booster shot yet?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My wife has. She has minor tinnitus, the third shot had no effect on hers, it's been two weeks. In fact, no side effects apart from a sore arm.

• Like Like x 2
    20. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Hey but @dan, this is great news!

This new data means that the COVID-vaccines are super effective!

They may not make you immune from COVID-19, but it appears they do make you immune from death.

They may even make you bullet and fireproof... we don't know yet, they haven't run the studies (we'll probably find out in the next couple of years when some vaccinated people start refusing their 19th booster shots....)

In any case, the fact that they work so well, means there's no longer any reason for all of us to get vaccinated, and subsequently no excuse for vaccine "passports".

Finally, they can just leave all us "dumb", "crazy", "QAnon nutcases", to die in peace, in a pool of our own sh*t, piss and COVID-19 induced sputum, never to be subjected to this load of b*llocks, ever again:

emergency.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Damocles, I've spoken to hundreds of people who were vaccinated and nobody has yet suffered any serious side effects.

I think it's safe to say the vaccines are "safe and effective".

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Precisely @Lane, this is a perfect comparison - also just one of the many reasons these "vaccines" could result in a death toll greater than any wild virus left to run it's course - and a belief that is held by, arguably, one of the most famous virologists in the world, Luc Montagnier:

Nobel Prize Winner French Virologist Luc Montagnier Explains How COVID-19 Vaccines Are Creating Variants
      He has also warned of the neuro-degenerative disorders that may begin to show up in people that have had the "vaccines" over the coming years:

Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier Warns Covid Vaccine May Lead to ‘Neurodegenerative Illness’ (Video)
      The most insanely laughable conclusion of this entire circus show we've been given the displeasure of sitting through, is that the mainstream media have now discredited and "debunked" Montagnier too, along with all the other highly qualified doctors and scientists sharing their concerns. This is one of the three guys that discovered HIV, and now he's just some old dude with dementia who needs to shut up and go into a retirement home, apparently.
      Not only is it unscientific, as you quite rightly say, given how our immune systems work...

Dr. Makary Says Natural Immunity Is More Effective Then Vaccine Immunity

What Studies From Israel Say About Delta COVID, Natural Immunity and Booster Shots
      ...it's also just plain dangerous, because at the point you've developed said natural immunity (that's anyone and everyone unvaccinated not living in the middle of nowhere at this point, by the way) the risks, known (and unknown) presented by the "vaccines", have no pay off.

• Winner Winner x 1
    23. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When did she have the second shot? Was it Pfizer?

24. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Are people really this uneducated when it comes to how vaccines work? If it wasn't for vaccines we'd still be dealing with some truly horrible and deadly diseases. It's all about herd immunity which seems to fly over the average person's head.

There are, of course, risks involved if enough people don't have access to them. It can allow the virus to proliferate amongst unprotected pockets of the world's population and this can force it to mutate more quickly, and possibly make it vaccine-resistant. We are either protected as a herd or not at all.

This does not mean that people should be made to take them. I am totally against forced vaccinations as there are good reasons why one might want to abstain.

Ultimately, vaccines are used for the greater good, and the historical data overwhelmingly supports the concept. Without them, the world as we know it would be a very different place.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015

26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Dr. Marty Makary makes some good points about natural immunity. I saw a paper of his published in the BMJ a couple of weeks back that went over the Israeli data.

However, your selective quotes fail to mention that he is still very much pro-vaccine. He just makes the point that those with prior COVID-19 infections shouldn't automatically be considered for the jab. It makes sense, but it would be logistically difficult to differentiate people who have had the virus from those who haven't.

These were also Dr. Markary's words just to add balance to the argument:

Makary has still encouraged those who are not vaccinated and not immune to get the vaccine.

I do not recommend actively or passively getting the infection over vaccination because getting the infection can result in a regrettable severe illness (many critically ill patients are asking for the vaccine in the hospital but by then it’s tragically too late). But for those who were truly sick from COVID, you can feel good about your immune protection.

27. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just watched this today.

Second Dose Spacing, Natural Immunity, Lab...

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Two weeks ago, Pfizer. My mum got her third a week ago, too. No side effects apart from a sore arm.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Interesting interview. At circa 21:19 they mention both anti-vaxxers and tinnitus. The host believes that the tinnitus reports could be a nocebo effect because of how people with tinnitus start to monitor themselves afterwards (I think that's what he said, or at least was the gist of it). I think it's difficult to make that claim without solid evidence, and it seems slightly contradictory considering that it's their main emphasis during the rest of the debate (when talking about data and quality of evidence). It's more of an assumption on their part, although it may have some degree of merit.

I'll watch the other half later.

30. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Excellent post. I'll provide an additional real world example. Seat belts.

According to the NHTSA, in 2020, an estimated 90.3% of car passengers used seatbelts. Yet, it goes on to say that in 2019, there were 22,215 passenger vehicle occupants killed (RIP) and 47% were not wearing seat belts. Some simple math shows that 53% were wearing seat belts.

Every single person in the anti-vax community would be like "See! Seatbelts don't do that much! In fact, more deaths are from seatbelt users!"

This is just nonsense. Here's some math to prove it.

We know P(seatbelts) = 0.903. We also know P(seatbelts given death) = 0.53. By Baye's theorem,
      P(death given seatbelt) = P(death) * P(seatbelts given death) / P(seatbelt) = P(death) * 0.587

On the other hand,

P(death given no seatbelt = P(death) * P(no seatbelts given death) / P(no seatbelt) = P(death) * 4.845.

In summary,
      P(death given seatbelt) = P(death) * 0.587,
      P(death given no seatbelt) = P(death) * 4.845.

By dividing the first from the second, we see that not wearing a seatbelt poses a 4.845 / 0.587 = 8.25 times greater risk of death when riding as a passenger in a car.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Back to COVID-19 vaccines: I realize it's a personal choice, but there's a lot of nonsense misinformation out there. Yes, they greatly reduce serious COVID-19. No, they are not fully robust at protecting people from getting it. If you are not getting one, consider doing some serious analysis of the situation for yourself and don't fall for these bullshit anti-vax arguments. Yes, there's a small risk of a vaccine worsening tinnitus (usually temporarily), but there's also a not small risk of COVID-19 wreaking havoc on the auditory system. The anti-vax stuff is way overdone. Someone should have a damn good reason not to get one, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1