Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      The fact that there are anti-science people in this thread / community is insane.

5ok0xg.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      So you're for personal choice.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. aura

aura Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, at least they mention tinnitus.

Let's be honest, it's not like anyone really cares about it. We probably wouldn't either, if we weren't going through this nightmare.

Anyway, I think it's pretty hard being objective regarding tinnitus as a vaccine side effect. Except for the situation when you develop tinnitus after the vaccine, or your pre-existing tinnitus aggravates a lot, you can't really tell what's causing the spikes.

At least I can't.

Lack of sleep, stress, junk food, bad weather, hormonal changes, noise exposure -there are so many factors that could aggravate it!

Or it could be totally random, at least from my experience till now.

For example i had 3 good nights in a row after a horrible day, and then a horrible night and an increase in tinnitus level after a relaxing weekend.

I'll keep you posted after my third dose.

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I am not crazy about the vaccines, but I did have the Moderna shots. I do not think that children should be forced to be vaccinated, their risk of serious complications from COVID-19 is very low, and death is virtually non-existent in children who have had COVID-19. It should be left up to the parents, but not schools or the government.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      This is such an asinine statement, and it proves that you knew nothing about vaccines or viruses prior to what you "learnt" over the last 22 months from BBC News and the Guardian newspaper. Vaccine is not a singular term; there are many different types of vaccine, with different levels of efficacy and risk associated with them and the individual viruses they were designed to protect from. In case you hadn't noticed, we're still learning about the COVID-19 vaccines, thus how can anyone be "uneducated" on a topic that is still in its latency (so just another brain fart you've kindly wafted in the face of logic).
      Straw man argument. No one here, literally no one on this forum, has made any argument against well established, safe and effective vaccines for viruses that aren't COVID-19
      Once again demonstrating your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

1. Do you believe the Human Immune System to be a myth? Herd immunity can be achieved via natural immunity. Why are you and the other vaccine fanboys so unable to grasp this concept? They've all but achieved this in Sweden.

2. How do you achieve herd immunity with a vaccine that does nothing but allegedly prevent you from experiencing severe symptoms? Seeing as you continue to catch, carry, provide cells within which to mutate for, and spread, the virus? If the vaccine doesn't prevent any of these things, how in the name of Christ do you think it can aid herd immunity?
      Man, this seriously is a brick wall moment. :banghead:

I literally made an entire post quoting one of the world's most prominent authorities on virology, and how his concern is the vaccines themselves are going to force vaccine resistant strains (based off the fact they are leaky/nowhere near 99% immunising vaccines). Not just him, Robert Malone, co-inventor of the mRNA vaccine technology has made the same prediction.

What I love though, is how in your black and white, "totally open minded" world, one side (your side) apparently owns "science".

This meme that was shared by a couple of you on here springs to mind:

antivax.jpg

Like, LOL, yeah, I'm sure you spent hours in your "lab" researching what was in these vaccine before you elected to take them...
      Get this. There is no "herd immunity" from COVID-19, ever. It's a coronavirus; it will forever mutate. The virus was supposed to run its course just like the Spanish Flu; kill a couple million people who were in their old age and had co-morbidities, and eventually mutate into something that would cause us very little problem when we caught it in the future. The vaccines are a spanner in the works, a spanner that has killed and ruined the lives of more young and healthy people than the virus ever would have, and due to unknown long term health effects (along with the possibility of an even deadlier variant emerging because of it) is going to kill and ruin the lives of a lot more.
      LOL. Read what you just said: "We are either protected as a herd or not at all". You believe that COVID-19 is an extremely lethal virus, that the current sensationally inflated numbers are real, and that if we don't vaccinate everyone, all of this is going to become much worse; then you expect me to believe you don't support forced vaccinations... this is something else.

But it just goes to show, those of us who are standing our ground and maintaining our right to be cautious and uphold the human right of bodily autonomy, can't win against the sheeple. Either we argue the opposing science and try to explain "these vaccines are not a magic-bullet", or we say: "okay fine, the vaccines are great, go ahead and take them, just leave us to it". In both cases we're wrong and must come around to the "right way" of thinking; thus it's clear to anyone with a modicum of remaining sanity which sides we would all have found ourselves on, were this Nazi-Germany.
      Another Straw man argument. You seem to like those.
      Thank you for uploading this video, it's evidence of what an obnoxious hypocrite you are. If I'm just a "social media expert" what does that make you and everyone else on this forum with an opinion?
      Eh? If the mainstream media outlets you cling to as the bastion of truth are correct @Ed209, then this is incredibly simple. MSM says antigen tests work; they can tell the difference between antibodies generated by the virus and the vaccine. Your reasoning: MSM is never wrong, thus according to the laws of the world you live in, this is entirely possible, and easy, considering the great successes of the PCR tests, right?
      Yes, it's called a disclaimer: I think you'll find any scientist or doctor who doesn't currently employ one with regards to endorsement of the vaccine, ends up on the scrap heap.

Penultimate Conclusion

You've demonstrated a desperation to disagree with me no matter the weight of your, or the other person's, argument.

This was exhibited when you (and @Tinker Bell) "agreed" with @GregCA's post contradicting a point I never made. He completely misunderstood what I had said by taking one phrase too literally; so what was it you were agreeing with exactly?

GregCA.PNG

Final Conclusion

You @Ed209 are the woman in both this meme:

911.jpg

and this one:

thinking.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    6. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Both you and @GregCA are over-explaining an incredibly simple concept.

If a country has an 80% vaccinated population, and the majority of people in that country dying are vaccinated, that doesn't necessarily mean the other 20% are doing better. You're just describing over-representation; yes we get it.

But statistics are highly unreliable and very easily manipulated. As a mathematician of your calibre @Zugzug, I would expect you to know that.
      No, they wouldn't... and how you've linked "anti-vaxxers" and "seat belts"... is beyond me. I'm pretty sure no one who is sceptical of gene-therapy has a problem with seat belts... But I commend your effort to further entrench the idea of just how "looney" and "illogical", "anti-vaxxers" are here.
      Plenty of credible information out there too, that's been censored for no logical reason.
      Inconclusive, but I'll credit the lobbyists for good spin. I'd certainly hire the marketing team, and their 90% monopoly on the media and government health departments.
      True. Some vaccines are, these ones aren't (please explain this to @Ed209 for me).
      So only be discriminate of the anti-COVID-19 vaccine arguments? Got it! (y)
      Please link me the numerous studies investigating a connection between tinnitus and the non-inactivated-virus COVID-19 vaccines.

Actually, you like graphs etc. do us all a favour and collate the number of posts on Tinnitus Talk attributing: vaccines with (worsened) tinnitus vs COVID-19 with (worsened) tinnitus.

My brief foray into said collation suggested the former was greater.
      Not being a guinea-pig in the largest experiment ever conducted on humanity, utilising a technology that has never before been found safe enough to license and bring to market, seems like a pretty good one to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Another great post and an excellent addition to @GregCA's post. You are both smart mofos.

I personally don't understand why there's such an anti-vax sentiment regarding COVID-19. I think it stems from a distrust of governments and big pharma, and a fundamental lack of understanding of the science.

On a side note, though, I hope you're doing better, @Zugzug.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Personal choice of what? You have to be vaxxed to go to school or to work. Why is this vaccine any different? It is FDA approved and has been researched for over a decade.

Give me a good reason not to get it and back it up with actual scientific published studies, not Facebook "research" or anecdotal reports.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Zugzug -- How about the fact that coronaviruses can almost certainly be relatively easily treated by any number of, or combination of treatments. You may find the following interesting. I think it should be carefully considered given the current state of censorship regarding COVID-19, and the best ways to address it. -

Of note: The work of Dr. Frederick Klenner is what inspired Linus Pauling to do his own research into the potential medical benefits of Vitamin C therapy. Linus Pauling, IMO, was brilliant. And part of his brilliance was being able to shift away from looking at old, established paradigms when new scientific evidence supported it.

Vitamin C May Be A Life-Saver - Mega-doses Can Counter Avian Flu, Hepatitis & Herpes, And Control Advance Of AIDS

The following quoted text is the first four paragraphs of the above linked article:

Imagine that a deadly virus is sweeping the world, killing and maiming hundreds of thousands of children. Nothing seems able to stop it - until a doctor stands up at the American Medical Association and reports on 60 cases involving severely infected children, all of whom have been cured. Yet his work, subsequently reported in a peer-review journal, is ignored, leaving the virus to wreak havoc for decades.

This isn't a docudrama about some futuristic plague - it's a true story about what happened in June 1949 when polio was at its peak. Dr Frederick Klenner, a clinical researcher from Reidsville, North Carolina, reported that a massive intravenous dose of Vitamin C - up to 20,000mg daily for three days (today's recommended daily allowance is 60mg) - had cured 60 of his patients. The findings were published in a medical journal, yet there was virtually no interest. Apart from a couple of minor trials, no attempt was made to find out if they had any scientific substance.

Relating this curious incident in a new book, Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases & Toxins: Curing the Incurable, Dr Thomas Levy, a US cardiologist, admits to being gripped by a range of emotions when he came across Klenner's work and other studies that replicated it. "To know that polio had been easily cured yet so many people continued to die, or survived to be permanently crippled by it, was difficult to accept."

Levy argues that the medical profession has routinely ignored research showing that high doses of Vitamin C can combat bacteria, toxins and severe viral infections including avian flu, SARS, hepatitis and herpes. And this is not a case of doctors sniffing at anecdotal evidence from a handful of enthusiasts. "Vitamin C is possibly the best-researched substance in the world. There are more than 24,000 papers and articles on the authoritative clinical website, Medline. Yet virtually the all the evidence has been dismissed." Levy even claims that Aids can be controlled if a high enough dosage of Vitamin C is maintained.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This has already been discussed to death. Go back to the start of this thread and you'll see that we go over all of these things. You are right that we didn't know what effects they would have on people at large, but half the world has been vaccinated at this point. I think you take this stuff a little bit too personally.
      That's not true.
      I just showed this thread to some friends of mine, and they asked me why I bother engaging, and I have no idea. I'm pretty sure people are bored of these pointless back and forths.
      Not quite, but I do get the opinions of experts who work in the field a lot. One such friend works in a lab and does this kind of research for a living (she was head hunted to work in Qatar). I have no motive either way, but a lot of your arguments seem to be based on your predetermined ideas of what you want to be true rather looking at the hard data.
      It was a joke!! I think that video is hilarious, personally.
      I couldn't care less about the mainstream media. I don't buy newspapers, and I generally don't seek out information that way. I prefer to look at journals.
      When have I ever said that? I think you have gone way too far down some rabbit hole.
      Explain what? Again, we've already been over the fact that vaccines don't stop people from getting COVID-19.
      I think you need to chill out a bit, Damocles. You seem to be getting a bit overly worked up over this. It's totally fine to disagree with people.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      And my cousin is studying BioMed at Oxford... so what? He has access to as much information as I do on the topic.
      Okay.

1. In she in possession of an isolated specimen of the COVID-19 virus?

2. Has she analysed the contents of any of the mRNA vaccines using:
      -an Optical Microscope? (with pHase contrast?) (Dark Field Microscopy?)
      -a Transmission Electron Microscope?
      -X-Ray Fluorescence?

If you didn't answer yes to either 1 or 2, then she is not an authority on the matter.
      Your words in this thread (Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus | Page 83 | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum) were as follows:

edtek.PNG

Maybe it's just my subjective bias, but this feels very much to me like someone saying the mainstream media cannot lie or be wrong.
      LOL, are you for real? You were the one that re-initiated this debate with me. I wasn't talking to you in any capacity (as far as I was concerned we were done). Then you began quoting me and referring to me as "uneducated" on this subject. Now you're all like "why you comin at me bro!?" :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    12. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      If that's how you interpreted that then you completely missed my point. I don't understand everyone's obsession with the MSM. The point I made is that if you completely remove them from the equation then the facts don't change. They are irrelevant.
      Re-read what you said. I've gotta admit that you're a funny guy, Damocles. You've got a ton of enthusiasm but you're all over the place. Some of the facts surrounding COVID-19 are pretty much undeniable at this point, but there are people who still crusade against what the science is saying. There's no point clogging up this thread any further because people's opinions aren't going to change now.

It doesn't really matter to me what you believe, and I'm pretty certain the same is true for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
    13. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Got my first Pfizer dose 2 weeks ago. I definitely feel like my tinnitus got louder, but it's hard to specify. I think I also got some hissing in my right ear, which was previously mostly in my left ear. Also got some facial numbness on my right side.

As most others I didn't intend to take the vaccine as the long term side effects are unknown, but was forced to so I can continue to work and be part of society. Hopefully at least some of the vaccine "pushers" get their dose of tinnitus and more tinnitus means more tinnitus research and money. As bad as it it, more tinnitus worldwide also brings more attention to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    14. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Coronavirus can make tinnitus much much worse. The CEO of Texas Roadhouse took his own life after getting COVID-19 because his tinnitus got so bad. That in itself was reason enough for me to get vaccinated. I got both shots of Pfizer. Zero effect on my tinnitus. I have noise induced, some slight hearing loss and about 2.5 years.

I don't mean to instill fear but rather reassurance that my tinnitus was not altered at all because of the vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Just to say, while I disagree with your opinion on the COVID-19-vaccines @Zugzug, I did really like the Maths you provided on the subject of seatbelts.

That is some very cool number crunching.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    16. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thanks. I met with my ENT earlier this week and she said that she feels like my risk of getting hearing loss and worsening tinnitus from the COVID-19 virus is far more likely than the potential to get it from a vaccine.

The whole thing is scary. I’m sitting here right now and my ears are singing away and they’ve actually been really quiet lately. But I also have fluctuating tinnitus that comes and goes so it’s a crapshoot how each day is going to be.

My husband has tinnitus and he got both Pfizer shots and experienced no change.

I am considering the J&J shot. I would prefer the Pfizer or Moderna, but I know if I get Pfizer or Moderna and my tinnitus increases after my first dose, I know I won’t go back. I figure if I get the J&J, regardless of what happens, I’m at least considered fully vaccinated even though the level of protection may be less.

Every time I read these threads I end up completely freaked out and I don’t go in for my vaccine. Meanwhile I have a wedding to go to etc. etc.

One thing I keep trying to remind myself is that there’s selection bias on this site. Obviously people have gotten tinnitus or had worsening of their symptoms from the vaccine. It has been reported to VAERS as a side effect, articles have been written about it and we’ve read about many experiences on this site. But those of us on this site are all suffering from tinnitus. We are not representative of the general population who have been vaccinated who had no problem at all. We also don’t represent the very large number of people who have tinnitus, who are not on this site, who have had the vaccine and have had no problems with their tinnitus changing at all.

I hope I am one of the lucky ones like you.

• Hug Hug x 6
    17. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Interesting News Segment About Whether the Vaccine Causes Tinnitus:

Go to YouTube, type in "Jimmy Dore", and scroll down to "Vaxx Side Effect: Sudden Hearing loss Reported." (10/01/21).

He shows an ABC 15 presentation where people claim to have developed tinnitus from the COVID-19 Vaccines.

They interviewed a Physician about this who himself has tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 3
    18. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I’m going on 5+ months really bad tinnitus caused from J&J COVID-19 vaccine. I talk to people daily that are bad as well. Most of us regret it, but some healed.

With that being said, it’s a low percentage of people being affected by the shot. My wife, parents, friends were all fine.

Just unlucky I guess.

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    19. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Hi @DaveFromChicago,

Thank you for this video (also, thank you to @Cernuto for embedding it), I didn't know about this Jimmy Dore guy, but he's a rare high profiler who's actually attributing his chronic symptoms after his "vaccination", to his "vaccination".

There was one big case in the US this week, concerning a former CNN contributor (Marc Lamont) who almost died, but has not credited his brush with death (despite being perfectly healthy beforehand) with his "vaccination".

Jimmy Dore also did an interview with Joe Rogan where they discussed Dore's ongoing health problems since the "vaccine" and the possibility of Ivermectin as an effective treatment. This was before Rogan caught COVID-19 and proceeded to treat himself (under the guidance of his doctor) with Ivermectin, suffering a very mild case as a result.

Joe Rogan hits back at criticism of Ivermectin use for Covid | Metro News

The media seem incredibly pissed off at Rogan for having proven this treatment works. I wonder why?

Anyway, this ICU Nurse (from the US) made an amazing video covering practically all the points I've been trying to make in these vaccine/COVID-19 threads, over the last 2 months.

I would recommend everyone watch it (especially those who are still deliberating on whether to get one of the "vaccines" or not): ICU Nurse Makes An INCREDIBLE Video On The TRUTH About COVID And Vaccines! - Videos - VidMax.com

I'd say our understanding of this virus and the effective tools we have to fight it with, are finally starting to come together.

20. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'm a fan of Joe Rogan, but how did he prove Ivermectin works?

There is currently no evidence that suggests it has an effect on COVID-19. It's inconclusive. Here is a Cochrane review on the matter:

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID‐19

It’s well known that there was a preprint authored by an Egyptian Dr that was pulled for ethical reasons.

Here are the authors of the Cochrane review in the BMJ:

In our Cochrane Review, we assessed the identical set of trials. However, only 4 of the 15 trials included in Bryant’s meta-analysis on mortality met our predefined eligibility criteria, and our conclusion, incorporating careful grading of the certainty of evidence, reveals a less rosy picture. The bottom line demonstrates an important uncertainty whether ivermectin compared with placebo or standard of care reduces or increases mortality in moderately ill hospitalised patients (RR 0.60, 95% CI 0.14 to 2.51; two studies) and mildly ill outpatients (RR 0.33, 95% CI 0.01 to 8.05; two studies), due to serious risk of bias and imprecision. How do the different assessments come about? The answer lies partly in the baseline data of included studies. Bryant et al pooled heterogeneous patient populations, interventions, comparators and outcomes. In other words, they compare apples and oranges, serving a large bowl of a colourful fruit salad. Usually, pooling of heterogeneous studies increases imprecision of effects in meta-analyses. Why does this not apply to ivermectin? Its alleged effect is driven by studies where the effect size is extremely positive, which has influenced the conclusions in other reviews. One of these studies with a huge effect has now been retracted over ethical concern.

Evidence syntheses must be pieces of the highest trustworthiness. However, reliability is at risk when researchers publish problematic trials or misuse established evidence assessment tools as a guise for quality of evidence synthesis in general, but especially during a pandemic, by trying to create pseudotrustworthiness for substances that cannot be considered effective and safe treatment options nor game changers, at this stage.

Have you verified that she is telling the truth? How do you know she is even a nurse from that video alone? I'm not saying she isn't, but what she says does not corroborate what I've been told by people I know and trust. It would be silly of me to take the words of a stranger in a video over those that I know to have worked on the frontline throughout the pandemic. Especially when there's no way of verifying anything she is saying.
      What effective tools? All the common suggestions have either been disproven or have little to no evidence.

We are now at a cross roads. One either has faith in what is published in well respected journals - when it comes to scientific matters and principles - or one dismisses the integrity of the entire system, and has the belief that there is a worldwide collusion of some sort. One cannot be in both camps.

The people I've seen promoting alternative and unproven treatments often have an incentive to do so.

If there was clear evidence my opinion would change, but I haven't seen anything but pseudoscience and opinion so far.

21. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Soon those pharma companies will stress the need for having new vaccines for mutations of the COVID-19 virus, or to boost immunity, or for any other reason that allows them to make even more money.

• Agree Agree x 6
    22. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @Forever hopeful!

I just thought I would let you know that I got the Pfizer vaccine last week, and although I felt like shit the next day, I was feeling better after that and it didn't have any effect on my tinnitus. TBH though, I don't have fluctuating or reactive tinnitus, so my circumstances are different. I was scared as heck while waiting to get it and the pharmacist thought I was scared of the needle (no, just scared that it will make me sick and make my tinnitus & migraines/pain worse, thank you!)!

Anyway, thank you to everyone who reassured me, especially @aura. It's a crap shoot for sure and some may be the <1% that have such adverse effects - that's been my experience with the medical community for the past 2+ years. Not looking forward to getting the second shot, but I will do it. I do feel such a relief, as there is so much pressure from my employer, the government, etc., otherwise I don't think I would have got it. I did already have COVID-19 so I didn't feel like I needed the extra immunity.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and I hope that you are able to make the decision that is right for you. This condition certainly makes you question everything you do which makes life quite a bit more stressful.

All the best!

Sarah <3

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thank you Sarah. I appreciate you reaching out. I really do. I have yet to bite the bullet and get the vaccine but I am getting increasingly anxious about getting COVID-19.

Today my left ear started ringing. It almost never does. And the right ear is quieter and that is usually my troublesome ear. Go figure. Can’t figure out why. Started high pitched hiss mid afternoon and won’t stop. So annoying.

Please keep me posted as to how the second shot goes.

Best to you.
      Danielle

• Hug Hug x 2
    24. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, Sarah!

I'm so glad that you are feeling good and I hope things will stay this way for you.

It's normal to be scared and I understand where you and everybody else on this forum is coming from. We are all in the same boat.

It's time for my third dose and it would be a lie to say that I am not nervous about it.

BUT, as always, things are not just black and white.

I have been vaccinated with Pfizer in January.
      Although my antibody levels dropped significantly, this is not the only aspect that matters. I should still be (at least in theory) protected against severe disease and that's great.

The problem is that I don't want to get COVID-19 at all. There have been breakthrough cases among vaccinated people, in some of the cases with pretty intense symptoms (not life threatening, but still... terrible headaches, high fever, etc). One of my friends just had it (she was vaccinated in January, just like the rest of my colleagues) and said that it's almost like the virus knows what's your weakest point and it's hitting you where it hurts most.

I could hope that maybe I won't get the virus, but considering the situation of Romania these days it's just a matter of time.

Things are out of control here.

15000 cases /day (and they say the real numbers are 3-4 times as many), 200-250 deaths/day, the second to last country in Europe regarding vaccination (only about 30% fully vaccinated), and health system has almost collapsed.

They are keeping the schools opened which should be a good thing, but not in this situation, when infection rate is huge, when people are not only ignoring the prevention measures but many of them refusing to test when they have respiratory symptoms and keep spreading the disease.

I have a lot of friends/colleagues (including my husband) who already had their third shot and they are just fine, but then again, they don't have any kind of ear issues.

Of course I'm scared. But then again, I'm scared of everything. It seems to me that a lot of things increase my tinnitus: loud sounds, stress, hormonal changes, weather, food, even a minor cold.

I should go to the dentist but I'm scared that my tinnitus/hyperacusis will get worse.

I should have an MRI because I still have some problems with my foot after the accident but guess what - not an option!

I should go to my best friend's birthday party in two weeks, but I'm too afraid that I'll have a spike after that.

It feels like I'm living in a snow globe, protecting myself from everyone and everything around me.

It's almost like I'm too scared to breathe sometimes and that is just not normal.

So for me, considering the situation here, it's either getting the spike protein or the whole virus. Obviously, I'm voting for the spike protein.

I wish I wouldn't have to choose but it is what it is.

If I was tinnitus free I would do it smiling. I'm a big fan of vaccines. :)

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Tinnitus and paranoia are two conditions that were made for each other. I think it's fascinating how life can seem completely casual on the surface, but in reality, you spend 24/7 in the quirkiest corner of your mind. "Normal" is gone and it ain't coming back anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    26. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer two days ago. On the day of vaccination there was nothing. But yesterday was like the worst day ever, never been so sick in my life. Had massive migraine, nausea, chills, everything in my body hurt and I could barely move. I don't ever want to experience something like that again, it was like torture for 24 hours.

Also my tinnitus was again elevated and seemed a lot louder, but with all that pain it was of second concern. I'll see how it will be in the coming days. Screw this vaccine and people forcing it.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi Aura,

I’m so sorry to hear of the conditions in Romania.

Thank you for all your meaningful contributions to this thread. I enjoy reading your posts and you have the added credibility of actually being a physician, as opposed to all the Dr. Googles I’ve encountered on here. Not necessarily in this thread but in general across the entire site. I mean everybody is well intentioned but still much of what you read on the Internet it’s open to interpretation, there will always be disparate views from”experts”, and often, medical information published on the Internet isn’t even validated.

I work in public health. I have for years. Generally speaking, I’m a firm believer in vaccination. I think the data clearly shows that the COVID-19 vaccination does prevent severe illness and hospitalization. But of course, I have tinnitus and I am frightened of the prospect of making it worse. If I didn’t, I’d be vaccinated already.

I do know of some people who have been vaccinated who got COVID-19 and have had moderate symptoms. They’re not hospitalized or anything but they’ve lost their taste and smell and they’ve been sick in bed feeling awful. They are probably at the appropriate time frame however, where a booster is indicated. However, I also know of a number of university aged kids who were just vaccinated a few months ago who have already had breakthrough cases. And they are not all asymptomatic. Some have had mild symptoms while others with underlying conditions such as Asthma, have been quite sick, but not in the hospital and certainly not in respiratory failure.

I do not want to ever get this virus. I feel like I encounter people who say I just want to get it and get it over with. And I think to myself, you have no idea what the potential long-term consequences of the virus will be on your health, assuming that you don’t get severe case and if you do, you survive it. I think down the road we’re going to continue to find as people who recover from COVID-19 they have scarring of the lungs, cardiovascular disease, neurological symptoms. We have one friend in particular who was in excellent health, who got COVID-19 and now has damage to his heart.

I also think that the vaccinations are creating a false sense of security for people. I’m horrified when I walk into a restaurant and find the staff are all unmasked. Vaccinated people can still acquire the virus and can still transmit it to other people even though the rates of doing so are lower than with the unvaccinated population. Vaccinated or not, I wear a mask everywhere. And I force my children to as well. I am in the US, and I am quite frustrated that we do not have an indoor mask mandate in the state of Massachusetts. Our governor tends to be very conservative, so I was disappointed that he did not re-institute the indoor mask mandate. My best friend’s son is getting married next weekend. I bet I will be the only person there who is wearing a mask. It’s a very pretty jeweled mask but nonetheless I will be wearing a mask, and my musicians ear plugs. Unfortunately, mask wearing in this country has become a political issue rather than a public health issue. I would say the same for COVID-19. There are literally parents who refuse to allow their kids to wear a mask to school and verbally assault those parents who have their children wear a mask. It’s absolutely ludicrous to me. It’s a mask not a hazmat suit. I can‘t understand it. That idiocracy is beyond my comprehension.

I have to bite the bullet though because my company requires vaccination. I just have to decide which vaccine to get. And then actually get it.

My husband has tinnitus and he is vaccinated and didn’t have any problems with or changes to his tinnitus. My 11-year-old is not eligible to be vaccinated yet. My 17-year-old is vaccinated and he has had no side effects. I do worry about tinnitus for my kids as side effects of the vaccine or worse, the virus. My little one actually had COVID-19 in April. No one else in the house got it thankfully. He had a fever and a mild cough for one day and that was it.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    28. Ace
      Musical

Ace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud jam session on top of years of music performance/mixing
      I figure I'll add that I noticed no increase in my tinnitus after getting 2 Pfizer shots, many months ago.

Everyone should get their vaccines if they don't have a medical condition that prevents them from doing so.

29. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    30. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Anyone take oral steroids after a vaccine spike? Did it help? Is it OK to take them after a vaccine?