Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thanks. One percent is still pretty rare. I mean I’m not trying to talk anybody in or out of getting the vaccine. I would expect that the numbers will go up as more people are getting vaccinated and reporting side effects.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It's just shocking that your government can force you to get vaccinated and is threatening people with losing their jobs.

It does not sound very democratic.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    3. aura

aura Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Forever hopeful, I've had my booster done 2 weeks ago. I'll write about this in the COVID-19 vaccine thread.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Thinking through the numbers:
      • 428 million vaccine doses have been given in the U.S.
      • Around 50 million Americans experience tinnitus each year
      • Less than 12,000 reports of new or worsening tinnitus post vaccination
      Seems the number of tinnitus reports is actually lower than what would be expected in a normal year.

• Like Like x 1
    5. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      LE: 3 weeks. Time flies :)

6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It would also be interesting to know how many experience a worsening who already have tinnitus and are neurotic about it, compared with those who have tinnitus but aren’t obsessive.

This could be a comparison between those who are actively involved in support groups, who regularly seek information and read about vaccine spikes, vs those who continue to live relatively normally.

I’d genuinely like to see if there’s a meaningful statistical difference between both groups.

I think sometimes we can know too much, and this isn’t necessarily a good thing. We can sometimes create our own problems, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Good question.

Both my father and my father in law have tinnitus, but they aren't neurotic about it. Not a spike after 3 Pfizer shots.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    8. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Imagine if anti-vaxers on here spent their time researching a cure for tinnitus vs reading Facebook propaganda? We would have a cure for tinnitus by now! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      I find that hard to believe... and I think Joe Rogan would too.
      How has anyone proved COVID-19 "vaccines" work?
      How Ivermectin became a Target for the ‘Fraud Detectives.’ - The Palmer Foundation
      In any case, Dr Lawrie and Dr Bryant etc. re-ran the meta-analysis and found even with the removal of Elgazzar's paper the findings weren't affected:

Joint Statement of the FLCCC Alliance and British Ivermectin Recommendation Development Group on Retraction of Early Research on Ivermectin (newswise.com)

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines. American Journal of Therapeutics, 28, e434–e460, July 2021 (nih.gov)
      Here's what I think of Cochrane:

Cochrane announces support of new donor | Cochrane

Gates Foundation Buys Cochrane Integrity for $1.15 Million: The Death of Scientific Integrity | "Global Possibilities"

Much like The Guardian newspaper:

REVEALED: A Guardian website receives MILLIONS in funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation! – Unity News Network
      No?

The Undeniable Ivermectin Miracle in India’s 240m Populated Largest State, Uttar Pradesh – Horowitz - NewsRescue.com

India Could Sentence WHO Chief Scientist to Death for Misleading Over Ivermectin and Killing Indians | NextBigFuture.com

Important one (make sure to read between the lines here):

Japan sees huge drop in cases after it switches to Ivermectin (freewestmedia.com)

So, doctors switched to Ivermectin; saw massive success.

Japan Continues to Use Vaccines, Not Ivermectin, to Fight COVID-19 - FactCheck.org

Okay, so that's fake news, Japan is using "vaccines" not Ivermectin.

Japan's success in smashing its latest wave of COVID has 'puzzled' health experts - ABC News

Japan now leading the way in the "fight against COVID-19", but we don't know why... probably the 70% vaccination rate... but why isn't that making a difference anywhere else?

Now go back to 1 and repeat the steps.
      Yeah, she's just some random pretty female who dressed up as a nurse to share her made up experience of working on the frontline during the pandemic for the LULZ.

Or maybe she's getting paid...

I wonder how much and by whom? What's her agenda? Maybe we should ask @Jack Straw? He seems to be the expert on agendas.
      So it's either: believe everything told to us by "approved" sources and scientists that are: bought, owned and controlled by 1% of the global population; or we're living in the Matrix. Got it.
      Uh... I don't quite know what to say to this. It should be blindingly obvious to any rational person that it's the other way around. Recent head injury?

Do you know how much Pfizer, Moderna etc. have made from the "vaccine rollout" and how much more profit they're set to make over the coming years? Why they and the media puppets they control are pushing so hard to ensure COVID-19 "vaccination" for children as young as 6 months old?

Ivermectin is a cheap off-patent drug (the patent expired 25 years ago) that doesn't offer enough financial incentive or benefit for any pharmaceutical company to promote it, or lobby for it's use.
      Okay, so the American Journal of Therapeutics is just a publisher of pseudo-science?

I mean, just going back to what you were saying about published-well respected journals...

Anyway, what you or I believe doesn't change what's happening.

Doctors all around the world are using Ivermectin, and it's saving lives; just you won't hear about it on the news channels you claim not to watch, and the newspapers you claim not to read, because: alternative treatment = threat to Pfizer (etc.) profits.

Don't mention Ivermectin; it'll upset the vaccine rollout - BizNews.com

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For someone who can do as much research as you do, you really like to have blinders on. If you honestly think that COVID-19 vaccines don’t work, we have nothing to talk about. It’s like talking to a wall because your are refusing to acknowledge vaccine effectiveness which is widely accepted by the scientific community.

You are picking articles and studies that only support your view point, while also ignoring the overwhelming data and science about how vaccines work.

Why do you think you’re smarter than the majority of scientists who are experts in this field? Why would they lie about the vaccine or COVID-19? A big conspiracy?

Regardless, just chill and listen to some Lady Gaga. Believe the experts and not some random on Facebook or Joe Rogan. Get vaccinated and everything is going to be okay ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    11. RAA

RAA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seems like there are 2 threads on this, but I will copy and paste from my reply on the other COVID-19/vaccine thread below...

Answer = Yes I will/did get the vaccine...

1st BioNTech vaccine 10/06/2021 - no impact on tinnitus.

2nd BioNTech vaccine 19/07/2021 - felt pretty rough and a few days of "slightly" increased tinnitus, but back to decreasing baseline in a week or so.

Tested positive for COVID-19 (Delta variant) 26/10/2021 - felt a bit rough for 5 days but pretty mild symptoms overall, maybe slightly raised tinnitus 2/10 or 3/10 for a couple of days rather than normal baseline 1/10. Also lost taste and smell for 48 hours but back to normal now.

Personally glad I had the vaccine as I have moderate asthma/hypertension and on day 3 of positive COVID-19 felt a few hours of COVID-19 hitting the lungs, increasing my wheezing, but then a few hours later it backed off and just back up to head symptoms of congestion/headache for the last days of symptoms. I read reports that, even though COVID-19 enters via the nose/throat, it eventually progresses south but often the vaccine kicks in by this time to contain it up top and this really felt like what happened to me on day 3. So no idea if the "mild" symptoms I experienced are due to the vaccine or not, but overall considering the above - pretty happy I went with having the vaccine.

• Winner Winner x 1
    12. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Winner Winner x 2
    13. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      This is a really good article @aura... I'm just kind of surprised you linked it, because I considered you to be quite pro-COVID-"vaccine, and this article is very anti-COVID-"vaccine"... ( ° ʖ̯ °)

14. Alexandor Scott

Alexandor Scott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      12,000 reports of tinnitus out of 430,000,000 doses is more like .002%. Even if there are 100× more tinnitus events than reported you're still talking about 0.2%. Tinnitus is an extremely rare side effect of these vaccines.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I received the Moderna vaccines and the booster shot.

The second vaccine dose was rough, but the booster shot produced one of the strongest headaches I have ever had.

Neither influenced the tinnitus symptoms I experience.

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We have a winner!

• Like Like x 1
    17. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Yes @Alexandor Scott. Reports. REPORTS.This is the key word in your paragraph.

Do you remember the first day/week/month you developed tinnitus?

What was at the forefront of your mind?

Was it:

a) I must sit down and fill out a difficult form with hard to find details (like my "vaccine batch number") so I can report this to my doctor.

or

b) WTF SH*T!? MY WHOLE LIFE IS OVER, I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF!!!
      Literally every single one of us here has been through this sh*t, and you actually think people are going to be in the right frame of mind to report their tinnitus?

I mean, did you report your doctor/ENT for malpractice when he told you to "go away and live with it"?

Give me a break. The stupidity on this topic has me regretting my lack of care for my ears in the past more now than ever before, because if I didn't have tinnitus, I wouldn't have to read this sort of thing.

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Well, I got my first dose 3 days ago. I have been spiking on and off since. Today was a really loud day. Both ears. Not sure I can blame the vax, as I have wildly fluctuating tinnitus. I will need to monitor over the next few days.

• Hug Hug x 4
    19. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      It means nothing though without correlating time of onset with those vaxxed versus previous years with sudden onset.

If there's a stat sig increase in spontaneous cases within vaxx antibody development timeslots that should be the spittake if it's a really high correlation. It would also be very important to correlate pre existing vascular or auditory issues.

The lower spontaneous cases overall are more likely due to people isolating so less infections as well as less risks in general like concerts.

I also agree with @Damocles that because of the concern of tinnitus and how a vaxx or infection might take likely up to 3 weeks to cause it people are freaking out moreso than making connections and reporting.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      In reference to your sentence, perhaps taking a break from this site might leave you less triggered.

No one is forcing you to be here reading about this topic.

No need to be rude to others.

I have read several of your comments and some are quite rude. We all have plenty of reasons to be angry about having tinnitus but insulting others is not the answer. It just makes you look bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    21. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Agreed, in as much as reading threads that discuss the "vaccines" are concerned. I'll take that on board.
      True. Just like no one is forcing anyone to spread COVID-19 scare stories and pro-"vaccine" propaganda, and yet they're still doing it. Like the Texas Roadhouse CEO suicide article; it's been like a month since anybody posted that for the 1000th time. Can somebody get on that? like now?
      I'm sorry you're going to have to be more specific, and maybe actually provide some examples.

Have I discouraged anyone (like you) from posting their personal experiences with the "vaccine"? or insulted them?

I have merely addressed misinformation from members like @linearb and @Jack Straw etc. who are encouraging people to get the vaccine by painting a false narrative of: COVID-19 is almost certainly going to destroy your ears, but safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines will almost certainly save them.
      It's very presumptive of you to speak for others, regarding how I am viewed here. Some might even say "rude"...

• Like Like x 1
    22. Alexandor Scott

Alexandor Scott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Had my tinnitus followed a vaccine rather than a loud night out at a salsa club, you can bet your ass I'd have found a way to report it.

I get that some people may not report tinnitus after the vaccine. That's why I said let's assume the actual number is 100× higher than what's reported. Even then, it's still a very small percentage of people getting tinnitus after the vaccine.

You don't want to get vaxxed, cool. Do your thing man. I sincerely hope when you get COVID-19 you don't end up with a tinnitus spike or months of debilitating fatigue, smell and taste loss, brain fog, or any of the other horrible ailments many longhaulers are dealing with.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
    23. Screamin Ears
      Crappy

Screamin Ears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Same here, I was told if you don't get vaccinated you can't work, so I got vaccinated and the first dose has made the tinnitus worse. I'm now faced with the decision of taking second shot of vaccine or being unable to work.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The fatigue, brain fog, breathlessness, and pins and needles in my hands, was horrendous. I felt like a zombie for months, and to anyone who hasn’t experienced this, trust me, you don’t want to. As I was recovering, I wasn’t sure if I’d ever be the same again as I was in a constant state of extreme lethargy, confusion, and was always struggling to breathe. I also wasn’t sure if the pins and needles would go and it was affecting my business as I was struggling to play the guitar.

If you’re going to get it bad, you’re going to get it bad. I don’t think there is much you can do to help the severity short of taking a vaccine. I am pro-choice, though. If someone doesn’t want to take the vaccine, then I respect their right to refuse to put something they don’t want into their body. Where I draw the line is when the same people spread a load of misinformation all over the internet. The pseudoscience I’ve seen people use is absolutely cringeworthy and embarrassing in some instances. And when it comes to this site, I’ve noticed that everyone seems to be happy for pharmaceutical companies and the scientific community/academia to be involved with things like hearing regeneration and tinnitus, but when it comes to helping with COVID-19, they are the scum of the earth plotting against humanity. I see a lot of double standards.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It's a shame that your employer or your government forces you to get vaccinated.

I know many people who did not get vaccinated and have not caught COVID-19... why should they vaccinate? It's ridiculous. It should be a matter of personal choice.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      What do you make of Singapore’s decision to make people pay for their COVID-19 medical bills if they refuse the vaccine without a good reason?

27. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      This is a Sophie's Choice of sorts. However, the bottom line is the risk of damage to your ears/tinnitus from actually getting COVID-19 is far worse than the risk of the vaccine creating issues. I totally get everyone's discomfort in getting the shots and boosters but common sense and logic dictate that it's better than getting severe COVID-19 for a multitude of reasons. Please do not skip the shots. We are all going to end up with COVID-19 eventually in some form or fashion. You want to make sure it isn't severe.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Honestly baffled we don’t have people posting their booster shot experience.

We only have a couple.

29. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I did post but in another thread I think.

30. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, you are one of the few who have.