Be Honest. Do You Still Enjoy Life?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rich, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Do you enjoy your life despite having tinnitus?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      With or without tinnitus, sometimes our life is hell, sometimes it's heavenly.

Whichever spectrum one is currently on, rest assured it will change. Maybe going to a forum like this may not be good for some people if they do it too often. I went to a few tinnitus self-help groups in person before swearing off of them for life. Hearing about it for an hour or an hour and a half just made it worse!

It was the same w/ my drug addiction, which I got away from about a quarter of a century ago. All that talk about it was not helpful, and I didn't agree w/ the whole 12 step philosophy about being powerless. People just made it into a religion. Now, whatever works for someone else is fine, but I had to find my own way. I had gotten myself into that mess, I was going to get myself out of it. Understanding the science of it worked, and that's helpful w/ tinnitus too.

Staying busy doing things we love is really good medicine for just about anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. NYCGuy
      Depressed

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck, Jaw or Stress, who knows.
      I can enjoy life in the outdoors and when keeping myself busy, but nights are hell in silence, my tinnitus is so loud that it hurts.

• Hug Hug x 8
    3. Loui

Loui Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I don't enjoy life as I used to. I can still do a lot of things despite tinntus but the experience is not the same. The tinnitus, stress and worry is always there. I would say that I lived before, now I exist.

Even if a treatment is found in the future I still don't think I’ll ever be the same. I’m kind of traumatised by this experience. I hope I’m wrong but I do think that trauma changes us.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 2
    4. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues after ear surgery
      My quality of life has been seriously challenged not since the tinnitus, but the additional hearing loss I now have. You can still enjoy loud places with tinnitus. But not with hearing loss. It sucks...

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. ZFire
      Tired

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      97176584-5BA7-4FB7-B2EA-B06363616F73.gif

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1