My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I believe LJMD in this thread had local injections and said it provided the most immediate improvement.

2. TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Does anyone know if anyone on this board has had stem cells delivered through Intratypmpanic injection?

It seems that this gets the stem cells to the exact place they need to get to, so logically that would have the best chance of success. Just like when someone has a knee problem, stem cell clinics inject the stem cells into the knee, not through an IV or into the lumbar. You ideally want as many stem cells to get to the affected area. I'm not aware of any others on this board getting their stem cells delivered by itratympanic injection. I've looked into the Shea Clinic in Memphis TN. as well. They do intratympanic injections of a steroid called Dexamethasone along with Lidocaine IV. And they say it's a pretty common and simple procedure. But from what I understand, the positive effects are short lasting. As soon as the steroid and Lidocaine wear off the Tinnitus comes back to baseline . I also understand that doing an Intratympanic injection is fairly simple and has very low complication rates. Quite a few people on this board have had intratympanic injections of steroids. So why not inject Stem Cells right into the ear through the eardrum? I read Dr. Mimbo Shim in Korea was doing something similar but he seems pretty shady to me. Any thoughts or info?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I looked at that option, but the risk is much to high for something to go wrong. I would only let somebody like an ear nose throat surgeon do that to my ear, and the people who administer this are certainly not to that level of skill.
      Yes and no. Stem cells are generally drawn to inflammation in the body regardless of where injected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. DanKH
      Depressed

DanKH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      audible trauma
      I truly believe that stem cell therapy is the great big hope for so much of what ails us today, but unfortunately they are just at the tip of the iceberg in understanding of it all. Really early and in many cases very experimental. I commend all those who are willing to take chances on new and experimental treatments as the science and understanding will really only be accelerated with human tests.

I'm 40, and feel like many of these advances may come too late for me, but the next generation will have so many exciting options for the body to regenerate and heal itself and be able to live a long and healthy life.

I also found many articles like this one linked below that seem to give us all hope.
      https://www.healthyhearing.com/repo...ture-treatment-for-sensorineural-hearing-loss

• Like Like x 3
    5. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      Too long thread, are there any improvements reported?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    6. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Yes. As far as I know there are four members that have had stem cells treatment and reported about it. Three that went to StemCell21 in Bangkok all reported improvements. And one that went to Swiss Medica that didn't have any improvements.

• Informative Informative x 2
    7. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      who was the third that went to StemCell21 besides attheedgeofscience and FERNANDO GIL? did they post their results somewhere?

8. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Another anecdote on stem cell therapy for hearing issues - this one by Bob Lilly, a former Dallas Cowboys football player. Does not mention tinnitus, only hearing loss, but seems interesting all the same as an anecdotal testimonial.

“And the good news continues. My ophthalmologist explained that my vision has improved to the point that surgery is no longer necessary. My vision went from 20/40 and 20/44 to an improved 20/30 in both eyes. In addition, my hearing has seemed to improve as well – in fact, I no longer have to use hearing aids.”

http://www.mdmonthly.com/experience-with-celltex/

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      A user named LJMD. His reports are fairly recent. Just go one page back.

10. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      There were also a few users who said they were going there and then "disappeared". Hopefully because they got better!

• Like Like x 1
    11. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I hope so or, even if they didn't, at least made it home.

12. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Twenty-five percent ... Far from dramatic, I suppose, but still not bad at all. This seems to confirm that stem cells can provide significant improvements.

Thanks for sharing your story, LJMD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      His symptoms sound so familiar. Mercury can bind to the red blood cells and cause anemia and that would cause deterioration of just about the entire body......similar reaction noted with chromium hip replacements. I wonder how many treatments or if it something that has to be done for life?

14. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I am now one of the member forums that has gone through the whole stem cell shenanigans at Bangkok, at StemCells21.
      100 millions MSCs are now circulating close to my butt and all other areas of my body, so if anyone has any questions about their current tinnitus protocol, I suppose I could provide some insight.

FYI, they don't do intratympanic injections. I got 60 million MSCs at trigger points around the ears, much like where a person performing acupuncture would stick the needles... Oriental stuff. Doc said it's as good as intratympanic as far as reaching the brain cause the area is filled with nerves and blood vessels. Plus I don't get to live with a permanent hole in my ears that could interfere with me flying, swimming - you get the picture.
      I got 5M intranasal (by spraying the SCs up my nose, no needles, I could sneeze and then have to suck them up on my own lol).

The rest (25M) were given intravenous, all the days I was there I had LLLT in my ears, peptide injections, B12 injections, pure oxygen injections to improve blood circulation and blood cell quality.
      It was all quite professional and I hope for the best, after all they don't make any promises, they just do their job, give you a bunch of supplements and advice on a healthy lifestyle at the end of the treatment and wave goodbye.

Big thanks to @attheedgeofscience and @LJMD for answering my irritating questions before going there.
      I didn't like Bangkok all that much, but it's definitely an experience for a person that's only been around the EU.

• Like Like x 9
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    15. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      @undecided cool, keep us updated how things are going for you:). I hope you‘ll see much improvement:)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. Rings-a-Bell

Rings-a-Bell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      Hopefully anyone who does this for hearing loss will be able to show before and after audiograms to demonstrate measurable improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I'm just fine.
      Thanks to everyone who cared to leave a like or ask how I'm doing.

I went to Bangkok with my tinnitus pretty much stuck at 4-6/10 for months. Maybe I've had 2 or 3 good days in those months.
      In the first 2-3 years of having T, it fluctuated constantly, sometimes having (almost) perfectly silent days. Those days were gone.

After going for the stem cells, maybe 17 days after my last day of treatment, I'm having those fluctuations and those good days back. Am I being cured? Is it placebo? Is it the change of environment that has caused my T to behave itself? My good days are back and there's definitely no placebo there.

I don't really know. The doctor said I should wait at least one month before I notice any minuscule actual change and have patience for at least 6 months until the stem cells start doing anything.
      I was already quite habituated before going to Bangkok. It felt like an expensive vacation, more than an expensive treatment.

But any reduction in volume will be more than welcome, no matter how habituated a person is.
      I think that goes for every single one of us.

• Informative Informative x 6
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Very interesting to follow your hopefully alleviation or total recovery.

Are you planning to undergo any audiometric testing during those 6 months?

21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I am so happy for you that this treatment is providing you with relief! This is amazing news not only for you, but for all of us knowing that a cure or treatment that actually helps will hopefully be more available.

If you don't mind me asking. How much did the treatment cost? If you notice an improvement in your symptoms would you be willing to go back for more treatments?

22. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Actually no, my hearing is pretty much what it should be for my age according to all the audiograms I've had (up to 16KHz), therefore I don't really care if it improves or not. Hearing was never a problem for me, I hear just as well as before tinnitus started so I don't intend on monitoring my hearing, just my tinnitus.
      After 5 years of having it, I've become my own "tinnitusgram" and I'm quite precise :)

Please, the last thing i want to do is get people overexcited. This is an experimental, no guarantees treatment. Depending on the person it might have zero effect. But on the other hand it might work. It's sort of a Hail Mary, i guess, but with a solid medical basis. In theory, it should work.

It cost around 26.500 euros (around 30.000+ dollars give or take), not including the flight tickets, food, shopping, tourist stuff. Just the treatment. Thailand is a cheap country, generally speaking, if you bring dollars or euros or any sort of strong currency. Depending on your lifestyle, you can get by spending very little while being there.

If I notice a 20-30% improvement, I think I'll be good. I'm not aiming and was not aiming for a cure. For now, I'm trying to live as stress free as possible and being mindful about my health. When the time comes, I'll think about going back. I can't answer this question now, it's been less than three weeks since coming back :)

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma

I wish the best to you and hope you gain as much benefit from this as possible!

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @undecided Could you please keep us updated on at least the 3 and 6 month mark on how you are doing after your treatment? The more anecdotal reviews we get from people who went and did this procedure, the more accurately we can determine if this works or not.

• Like Like x 4
    25. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @jer sure, I'll post an update from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @undecided Thank you very much. Can I ask, what was the cause of your tinnitus?

27. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @jer the cause is undecided :)
      I just woke up one day and it was there.

28. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Was it stem cells? OR THE CURCUMIN?????

Screenshot_20180905-135851_Firefox.jpg

Curcumin is a notch1 inhibitor just like the main ingredient to fx322.

29. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Where was that? At Unique Access?

30. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus: