My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Stem Cell 21 primarily uses mesenchymal stem cells, though I’m told they will have induced pluripotent stem cells in 2020. Further, their delivery sites can include the ear, nasal passages and systemic circulation. This Dallas one looks like systemic only, and with poorer choices for treating tinnitus (adipose and bone marrow). I doubt you would get any benefit for tinnitus from them.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Until the US allow scientifics to fully research stem cell treatments to their full potential there will be no progress on this field. It is a shame that religion and absurd beliefs hamper scientific progress and erase the slim hope people who suffer from a lot of diseases and health conditions may have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      You're talking about embryonic stem cells. The absurd beliefs your talking about are the belief that little babies in the womb should not be violently dismembered and ripped out. Guess what? They don't even need to end the life of an innocent to get embryonic stem cells anymore so cool it with the bloodlust.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...s-create-embryonic-stem-cells-without-embryo/

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I meant religion in general.

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Why don't you like religion in general?

6. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It hampers progress.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows? I have Patulous ET and ETD + Other things
      @attheedgeofscience

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is interesting you are able to breathe better through your nose. Do you have any scientific theory as to why? It seems it could have regrown damaged cilia allowing better passage of mucus and pathogens from your sinuses. Or it could be the nerves in sinuses were repaired so they perform better. Interested in your thoughts.

8. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Sorry to crush the hope, but I'm not so sure if iPSCs will be an option. I read the following in a study:

The basic paradigm in the use of PSCs for cell therapy purposes is that they are first differentiated into the desired cell types of interest, and the resulting specialized tissue-specific cells are then transplanted as cell suspensions or more complex tissue constructs into patients. The differentiation step is crucial because if proliferating, undifferentiated PSCs are directly injected, they would form tumors called teratomas due to their highly proliferative nature and broad differentiation potential. (https://stemcellres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13287-019-1455-y).
      So it seems you can't just inject iPSCs into the ear because of tumor risk if I understand this correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You do. They have to be induced, which can be successfully done, but they never replied to my email about whether they can do it.

10. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      If I unterstand it correctly you would first have to make iPSCs (which is mostly established by now how to do it, although still quite complicated), but then you would have to differentiate them into hair cells and then inject them so you don't get teratoma (man they are disgusting :D). But I don't know if such hair cells would integrate into the cochlea in the correct way. FX-322 seems more precise in that matter. Although we can't ignore that stem cells have benefited other users here before (and I've added them to the list of my options in the case I can't deal with my tinnitus anymore, though I'm waiting a couple months/years first to see whether I can habituate to this new louder noise). :) But umbilical cord blood stem cells, the next best thing after IPSCs, are multipotent stem cells and not pluripotent, so they can't proliferate without limit, so there's little / no risk with tumor formation.

11. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      All I know is Ozzy Osbourne apparently is doing much better after Stem Cell treatment in Panama for Parkinson’s, so there must be something promising to it.

I’m hoping the Coronavirus exposes the lack of treatment and speed of cures due to FDA red tape, trials at a snail pace, and ineffective medicine. Sad but true, it's time for the US Gov to look at where the money is really going and start questioning how come since the dawn of time we still can’t cure the common cold. Unfortunately it takes a disaster sometimes to change the status quo.

• Agree Agree x 1