Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Marin
      Depressed

Marin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/18/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL... probably previous noise exposure, too
      Lol, I hope you like metal.

If you are interested, you may want to research cochlear implants because they are very different than hearing aids. They are meant specifically for people with profound hearing loss, and it’s a device that is implanted via surgery directly into the cochlea. From what I’ve read, it’s not the same as natural hearing, but many people who get them report a much improved quality of life.

There is also the FX-322 (Frequency Therapeutics) thread under the Research News category that you may want to read, but it’s unknown how well it will work for severe/profound losses. Many of us are hanging on by a thread in hopes that this medication can help us.

Wishing you lots of strength and healing!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. ZAF777
      Insomnious

ZAF777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Thanks for the advice Marin.

I will certainly look into the cochlear implant.

I do like a bit of Iron Maiden actually, not so Metallica haha.

Take care.
      Many thanks,
      Steve.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A series of unfortunate events
      It has been quite some time and the overall feeling of dread still hasn’t lifted. My life literally changed in an instant and every aspect of my life developed this weird overlying sense of doom and despair. Almost like a dark cloud follows me around everywhere and even on the warmest sunniest day it’s present somehow. It’s so hard to describe, but it is like nothing around me changed but everything about my life did.

I’d compare the feeling to when you’re watching a really depressing movie and just that horrible darkness and overwhelming sadness you experience when you become engulfed in it except the movie is my life, and it didn’t end in an hour and 45 minutes.

• Hug Hug x 10
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. lis

lis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      severe 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Did severing the muscle solve spasms or anything else?

5. grate_biff
      Alone

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma and or benzo withdrawal
      No. Nothing changed.

6. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A series of unfortunate events
      I want nothing more than to not exist anymore. Having tinnitus that you cannot mask because of burning ear pain is hell that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. I’m so sick of staying in my room and just listening to these hellish noises days on the end. I do not know how long I’m going to make it like this. No relief, no end in sight. There is no safe place in this world for me anymore.

• Hug Hug x 5
    7. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      I'm in psych ward - in a foreign country. Feels like the end for me. They are drugging me up to help ease the torment for a bit. But what will it change?

• Hug Hug x 7
    8. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Please hang in there guys, I used to "live" in this thread in my suicidal phase a few months ago and never thought I'd get out of it. Still suffering but I'm more hopeful now. It feels like learning to walk again, tiny progress step by step...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm happy for you, Johan. Any pointers on how you are doing it?

10. Gabriel5050
      Lucky

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      This is literally me word for word. If it keeps going like this, it's just going to get worse. And one day I won't be able to take anymore. Haven't we already suffered enough?

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Thanks @Uklawyer.

First of all just time, I believe that's the key component. And support network, my parents and friends, I'm blessed with those. Then:

- reading lots of success stories here, over and over;
      - tried all kinds of supplements for anxiety, I found Tibetan herbs working for me, but that may be my personal experience;
      - tried benzos and Quetiapine and wish I never touched that stuff. Clonazepam nearly did me in and Quetiapine spiked up my tinnitus like crazy. Neither of them calmed me down actually;
      - Mirtazapine for sleep;
      - from what I've read, you are very early on, so you have to acknowledge it through this period;
      - I seek inspiration in people who deal with massive health adversities. There's a few books that helped me, one very good book is by Mike Knight, called Tinnitus: From Suicide, Acceptance to Happiness. I read it a few times during the darkest days, definitely recommend it;
      - there are lots of celebrities who have tinnitus. Apart from a few well known cases, I read that Nigel Farage has tinnitus from a head trauma in his 20s. Now, I may not agree with his political views, but he did achieve some things in life despite the ringing.

• Like Like x 4
    12. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      What are you doing in a foreign country?

• Like Like x 2
    13. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am in France. My wife is French. I moved out here when her mum was diagnosed with cancer.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dec 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - Atypical migraines, Ibuprofin, BP meds?
      Tinnitus has been screaming at me for 3 months and not easing off.

What hope is there when the reason for this is likely maladaptive brain changes for which they don't understand and there is no cure?

I can't take it anymore. I am trying so hard to habituate but at this level of noise off over my brain with multiple different sounds that change from one hour to the next I am so tired, and so defeated.

• Hug Hug x 5
    15. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doctors upped my antidepressant and sedated me on Valium 4 times a day here in the hospital. Good for wanting to sleep and feeling half dead. Not sure about the other benefits.

• Hug Hug x 5
    16. __nico__
      No Mood

__nico__ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chemo/barotrauma/noise/autoimmune disorder
      I'm making the tough decision to order an MRI with contrast.

Obviously with hyperacusis I've put this off very long because I do not want the MRI to worsen me.

But ever since getting "hyperacusis" and the visual and vestibular problems that popped up afterwards, numerous other debilitating and crippling health problems are showing up left and right.

To put it mildly my entire body is failing and many decent doctors are suspecting cancer.

I hope that even if the MRI permanently worsens me at least they find something and, maybe my "hyperacusis" is connected to it.

• Hug Hug x 9
    17. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Take s*loads of Valium. That provides temporary relief. Anyone had problems on it?

18. DreiT

DreiT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo caffeine insomnia earbuds
      Valium caused my tinnitus. I used it for insomnia for only 3 weeks and cold turkeyed. I did not know about withdrawal. My insomnia became worse and the tinnitus happened when I drank caffeine. My GABA receptors were probably destroyed and the caffeine triggered the tinnitus to happen.

19. __nico__
      No Mood

__nico__ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chemo/barotrauma/noise/autoimmune disorder
      It'll suck when you hit tolerance. Or when you have protracted withdrawal.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To __nico__:

I am very impressed with your Avatar Choice of Francis Bacon's Screaming Pope. I am envious that I did not think how spot-on germane his nightmarish paintings are to this condition.

Last Tuesday I had a day-long spike that made me feel exactly like this figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. shelbynn

shelbynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      T 11/20, D and H 1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I'm so tired of suffering ya'll.

Is there any assisted suicide available in the United States?

• Hug Hug x 4
    22. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dec 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - Atypical migraines, Ibuprofin, BP meds?
      What dose were you on for that 3 weeks?

23. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And what other options are there?

24. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Probably minor tinnitus though? I can't imagine anyone doing what he did with severe tinnitus.

Anyone who has severe and loud tinnitus worse than any ear pain and hyperacusis despite the two latter conditions being pretty serious?

I find it difficult to believe any of the researchers can treat that. Since, there never seems to be updates or leaks of "breakthroughs" or "advances," I assume that's the case still.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How good is that Mike Knight book? And did I ask what Chinese herbs you were taking?

Has the tinnitus gone down a bit with the implementation of these strategies?

I might need Mirtazapine for sleep at some point.

26. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I liked the book, it is a good read. He said he had mild tinnitus for years until the severe one hit him and he nearly killed himself, then it took him ages to adapt. In his case cardio exercise was the key and the diet. To me it was another well written success story.

I take Tibetan herbs, agar 35 and srog dzin 11. My tinnitus has not really gone down, it kind of stabilised. The biggest milestone was that I could sleep a bit better.

I'm still suffering badly and my tinnitus is multi-tonal and quite severe. I'm 9 months in, so I still hope to achieve some sort of habituation. Unfortunately I'm very far from being a success story yet...

27. Lasse S

Lasse S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes. I do have severe hyperacusis loudness and noxacusis, but I can handle that much better than my catastrophic tinnitus.

I can't leave my home, can't work, can't really do any of the things I want to. I still hope for a breakthrough in the future, but right now not much to look forward to.
      Right now I just hope the breakthrough will come faster than my tinnitus worsening to the point where I just can't take it anymore, but that's probably not realistic the way things are going.

The day I lose hope for the future is probably the day I'll say goodbye to this life.