Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      I'd do anything for tinnitus to be lower and some stability. This is insanely loud and worse than prison trapped inside.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This just takes away everything it is to be a man. I want to go out and protect my woman. Be there for anytime and anywhere. Use a hammer/tools to build and fix things. I just can't believe it. Everyday I wake up to this horrible hell. It takes everything from you. Everything. Forced to sit inside twiddling your thumbs to pass the time. This is the most evil condition on earth.

• Agree Agree x 9
    3. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      In my hearing, I got around to tell the "judge" that I (practically) always feel suicidal.

There's one guy here who posts certain states that echo my sentiments almost exactly.

The only difference is I would add my own/personal/subjective perspective and that's: I am afraid of death and I am not religious - so it's a scary proposition. I just need to get around that or the acceptance which is really difficult for me. The torture of tinnitus will eventually win out. I won't become an old senior or anything like that. I truly believe my cause of death will eventually be suicide unless I get in some sort of fatal accident.

But, you guys who describe loud, tinnitus hell - yeah, that's me, too. It's not getting better. I just try to avoid getting worse. I have hyperacusis and noxacusis, too. Therefore, I am always trying to avoid tinnitus spikes and ear pain.

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Not the most evil but way up there for sure. It’s a deteriorating worsening condition that doesn’t kill you but causes so much torture nobody can see.

Just got to find ways to hang in there and hope for the best. Some do get better but take a very long time. Don’t blame yourself either, a lot of us made the mistake of trying things and got worse. Nobody knows truly how to fix this for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    5. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      You, Jerad and Dan - your posts echo my sentiments so much.

I watched a YouTube video of a guy talking about his tinnitus. It's pretty long and he rambles a lot. But, one particular comment stood out for me. People who don't have LOUD, SEVERE tinnitus can never relate or fully comprehend what we go through. Even though we all have different states and levels of the tinnitus sounds we hear or perceive - the loud volumes just crush you. Only if you insist you have something like that, can you relate at all.

I hate that politicians, lawyers, doctors and psychiatrists among other professionals have so much power and can decide our fates and control our lives: they can and often make it worse by ignoring us or just not helping at all. Tinnitus is the invisible condition. If it's extreme or severely loud, few care or consider that at all.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah I dunno what else to do other than get the gumption by end of year to kill myself. The tinnitus is just so loud it limits me in what I do in every moment of the day. I truly love life and everything in it, but when I can't enjoy a single second of being awake because of how loud my tinnitus is and by the time I get to bed it's screaming even louder (and it already starts off screaming), what do you do?

• Hug Hug x 7
    7. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      There are some here with extremely loud tinnitus and they somehow manage. I think @fishbone, @MindOverMatter and @GeorgeLG come to mind. Maybe somehow you can alleviate some distress with their techniques. It’s a shot in the dark but anything can help. I understand you’re very severe and I’m not trying to gaslight.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    8. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I’m starting to pee a ton and I’m constantly thirsty especially at night. I know where this is headed so I need to nip it in the bud. I’m downing so much energy drinks and sugar because of the lack of sleep, 2-4 hours a night, and then I work full time. I’ve been worsening every 2-3 months and when I start to habituate something changes. I can handle the chaotic patterns but not a new pattern if that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If it was just extremely loud tinnitus and not reacting to all audio, I could handle it. If it let me go do anything other than sit at home trying to guard from the countless motors that drive by my house that sound like they are driving by my room I'd be ok. I could deal with screaming stable tinnitus that let me go do stuff. It would be hell but I'd just work out, listen to music and play music and get on with each day.

When it's combined with all these symptoms together it's so limiting and my mom just thinks it's my mind, she blames OCD and depression and says if I could get those under control then I would be able to return to normal life... like there isn't something physically damaged here holding me back. I am very strong mentally and physically, 6 foot 6 athlete that anytime depression got me down before, I went and ran or biked. Now all I can do is go bench press and push ups and pull ups and squats which still make it worse but I have to do something each day. It's maddening when doctors and loved ones push you to get worse when you told them what you need.

Peace and quiet and no drugs, but they push you to do loud things still. Then your parents think you are crazy so they storm into your house and push you to the hospital where they dope you up and send you to the psych ward and of course I'm too nice and a people pleaser and in the end it's all my fault. Truly sad that there isn't more awareness for this shit.

I'll sadly be another statistics here soon too unless I can somehow survive years of torture and months of slow benzo taper I'm trying to do. Seriously though my tinnitus is now some of the worst tinnitus on the planet in terms of loudness and how loud it screams electrically. If I developed noxacusis or zaps with this, I would definitely be gone even sooner.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      The sad thing is doctors and audiologists recommend a lot of things, and if you worsen it’s pretty much “oh well”. Their life goes on while you’re stuck with the worsening. This is why a treatment plan shouldn’t be a one size fits all approach.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Y'all take care. I love y'all. I am sorry. I made all the wrong choices and got pushed in all the wrong ways with this. The tinnitus is screaming louder than a jet powering up on a runway. I hope everyone makes it to treatment. ❤️

12. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      You've threatened to commit suicide one too many times now, it no longer registers really. Just get help. Go to psych ward even if they pump you full of drugs. How much worse could you get? Two jets powering up on a runway? So try all the help available!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    13. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I understand your thoughts.

My parents pushing me to the hospital and psych ward and them pumping me full of benzos is the reason I am so suicidal now. You obviously don't realize how much worse it can get. Sadly with this condition it can always get worse. Stay off drugs and away from doctors if you want to have a chance with this shit.

Believe me. Tinnitus has no limit to how loud it can get.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Agree Agree x 5
    14. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Just need to rant here...

I'm just so damn tired of this inhumane isolating prison. Seeing life pass me by day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year, not able to get "on the train of life" with everybody else. Just had my 36th birthday, another year spent on nothing, but just existing... and being hit by new seemingly chronic tormenting physical and psychological symptoms as time passes.

How much longer is this supposed to go on? How much longer can I bear it? My family just doesn't get it. They know I struggle, but they refuse to face the facts: that this way of life is not livable in the long run, and that if something doesn't give soon, I will not stand a chance of growing old. This is such a destructive way to "live". I feel my mind and body get broken down at a rapid pace. It really is the beginning of the end. All my heart yearns for is to sit down with my family and finally have that discussion of euthanasia, because I really believe more and more as time passes, that that's where all this will end. I can not keep up this way. I am a ghost in this world. I can not keep doing this... I can not...

• Hug Hug x 12
      • Agree Agree x 6
    15. WisconsinGuy

WisconsinGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don't give up dude. You are young and haven't had it that long. You can get better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      • Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    17. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Thank you, Daniel. I'm too sick to write much right now, the pain is extreme. I hope you are relatively ok, old friend, you and your family. Thank you for remembering me. I love you. Also I think @Uklawyer was asking if I made it safely back to the UK, yeah I made it back to the UK my dear friend but not safely, the pain is impossible. I'm trying to stick around for my kids but it's torture, I can't hold on much longer. I hope some type of help arrives soon but I know it's mostly wishful thinking. Love you all who are struggling to stay alive. I'm right there with you.

• Hug Hug x 20
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      I am so sorry @Chinmoku. It's cruel. Life is cruel. I wish there was something you could try that could help. LSD, Psilocybin (with someone that know what they are doing), shot of benzos, and turn this thing around.

We are with you, my friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. BrysonKingMe

BrysonKingMe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paradoxical on Klonopin leading to a shitton of other proble
      1 more year everyone. Just make it 1 more year.

The Susan Shore device works. We're close the the finish line for something that can greatly reduce volume and intrusiveness.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. Jerad

Jerad Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication ototoxicity
      I hope you’re right. What makes you think it’ll definitely work? I can’t use earbuds or headphones, though. I’m gonna have to try it on a speaker.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. lanterns&coffee
      Asleep

lanterns&coffee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Is this true? Does Dr. Susan Shore have an official website to follow up with the updates and whatnot?

22. BrysonKingMe

BrysonKingMe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paradoxical on Klonopin leading to a shitton of other proble
      Anecdotal reports from a couple of users on this forum who were part of the study, and the first trial's results in the Susan Shore thread.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Ever been checked for diabetes symptoms of peeing and sugar intake? Yeah I'd say diabetes because I went through the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah pre-diabetic. Need to start dumping the sugar and caffeine. I don’t get much sleep because of this crap on top of sleep apnea.

• Hug Hug x 2
    25. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      This is such a stupid condition.

• Agree Agree x 16
      • Like Like x 1
    26. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That will probably be nice for tinnitus but the pain sufferers probably won't even be able to use it let alone help the pain. Lol sorry to be a downer on your positive message but that device sounds good for tinnitus sufferers only.

Even then though, if people recovered from tinnitus with that device, they would still always be at risk of developing hyperacusis so would need to stay vigilant.

• Agree Agree x 3
    27. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi brother.

Get rid of the sugar, it's easy. You won't miss it after a few days, honest.

Drink fizzy water, sparkling water with lemon.

Coffee is fine. Eat your vegetables, get in shape, you will feel better for yourself and your son.

I have faith in you brother, we can't control tinnitus, but with effort we can bring our blood pressure down and get rid of diabetes.

Please give it a try, you are important to us and your family.

Peace.

P.S. I don't sleep, and don't give a toss. You'll sleep when you are knackered.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    28. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes it is, so are all chronic conditions that make you suffer. Stay strong!

29. Strawberryblonde
      Chowing

Strawberryblonde Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1st mild (6/12/2015) mild-mod (3/5/2022)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HEADPHONES/TMJ/ETD/SINUSES/AMITRIPTYLINE one of them???
      It's a club I certainly don't want to be a part of!

• Agree Agree x 5
    30. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Thanks for the kind words <3

• Like Like x 2