Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Exactly. I’ve seen people here get some relief from them but the addiction / tolerance / inevitable taper and side effects like you’ve mentioned don’t seem worth it at all. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Guest444

Guest444 Guest

I am ranting again. It feels like I'm postponing the inevitable but I really don't want to join the 21 club. The new decade is almost here and I feel pressured to forgive myself for all the mistakes that led me to this. I've learned my lessons but tinnitus doesn't give a shit about that. It's bringing other problems to the table that I didn't have before. And the dentist visit! Can't even fix the goddamn tooth. All my friends are going to college while I've been in this painful curled up mental state for almost a year now. My entire family is devastated because of me. I do have previous depression issues that I can't treat with meds anymore. This Christmas I'll have to put on a fake happy face because that is what is expected of me. It's exhausting to have to pretend all the time!

• Hug Hug x 13
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      There is such a thing.

@attheedgeofscience wrote about it in his blog.

He managed to almost cure his tinnitus and attributes it to novel treatments that he has undergone. From his blog:

The HIFU treatment enables neurosurgery of the brain without having to drill into the skull of the patient. Through ultrasound combined with an extreme fixation of the patient’s head, highly specific targets in the brain can be ablated allowing certain specific neurological conditions to be treated (e.g. tremors, phantom pain, Parkinson’s disease).​

In the end he wasn't eligible for the treatment because there was no region found in the brain that was responsible for his tinnitus. It's a modern version of lobotomy in my opinion, so I would be pretty cautious about this.

He ultimately ascribes his succes to other treatments. You should read his story, it's just one person's journey but I found it interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Not to mention that every anti-anxiety worth its salt is a benzo which are universally detrimental to the brain and lead to Alzheimer’s. I suspect an accumulation of beta-amyloid plaques as the cause. Perhaps a regimen of short acting benzos and memantine at nighttime could curtail this; I don’t know.

Beyond that, they can evidently fuck with neuroplasticity which is why it’s an exclusion factor for Shore’s device. If we can white knuckle-it through this year, perhaps 2021 will bring actual viable treatments for the underlying condition, in the form of combination therapies such as the Shore’s device and FX322. Luckily these will be the first and most viable treatments to fix us. The Hough pill and Thanos’s remodeling of Trobalt are close seconds, but are years off. Hang in there everybody. I know it’s easier said than done because I can feel it sucking the life out of me every single second of every single day. We just need to make it through another 365.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It has nothing to do with lobotomy.
      I was there and I was told I was a candidate for this, however ironically the treatment involves the highest power Tesla MRI to guide the ablation beam that kills the offending brain cells responsible for tinnitus generation.
      I'm no idiot to subject myself to 2-4 hours of MRI .
      This treatment was originally invented to treat Tremors and Epilepsy (and it works for that) .
      Tinnitus was just a spin-off treatment.

P.s. in my case the region was EASILY identified because I have SEVERE tinnitus.
      Amazing that this guy with mild tinnitus even considered brain surgery for it LOL

6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      WTF is FX-322???

And what makes you think Shore will outperform Lenire???? Same fucking shit, no?

7. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      1. look it up in research forum

2. lol, no. Not nearly. There are decades of research behind her device and it is preliminarily showing to hold more promise. Neuromod uses tongue stimulation while Shore uses the cheek/neck (vagus nerve?)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I said a modern version of it.

Killing part of your brain. Isn't that what lobotomy is?

You should read his story to know where he came from...

9. xyz
      Alienated

xyz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 mild T 2019 T worsening H onset
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / probably noise induced
      Was this "lobotomy for tinnitus" tested in any trial?

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We can certainly get to "appear to lead to an increased risk of Alzheimer's"; the most convincing study I've seen shows a potential 50% risk increase, but summarizes itself this way
      Certainly, benzos are very dangerous and should be avoided if possible, like a lot of drugs. On the other hand, other research suggests that living with untreated anxiety can also lead to dementia: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321688.php#1

Everything is a gamble and ultimately my quality of life over the next 25-35 years matters to me more than what the endgame looks like after that, should I live so long.

Additionally, if we're gonna worry about this, other work found Alzheimer's risks with anticholergenics, too. Anyone here take Benadryl? https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

;)

11. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I have been on Tinnitus Talk since day 1 so don't tell me to read I know more than you.

You should read definition of lobotomy.
      Lol.

@Bartoli

12. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      No.

13. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have I ever said I know more than you? It's you who's trying to turn this into a pissing contest.

Very mature.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's currently 3.55 and I'm running on 1 hour of sleep with 6 mg of melatonin. Does it ever get better?:( Yesterday, tinnitus was raging, now at the night is surprisingly ok, lower, but I just can't sleep. I haven't had a decent sleep in 2,5 a half months. I know, it's not that long, but I don't know til when it's possible to live on very poor sleep of max. 4 hours in pieces. I should study a lot, but I can't concentrate for the life of me. Before this, I was a good sleeper, not great, but I had 7 hours average and rarely ever woke up during the night.

• Hug Hug x 2
    15. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I am crying as my t is screaming at an insane volume. People here tell me CBT will help me embrace screaming tones in my head though.

I think a bullet would be better.

When are useless researchers going to tell me why the volume increases at night? I never had this the first two months after onset. Sometimes, it would even reduce a bit and calm down to almost a hiss. I never have that anymore. :(

• Hug Hug x 6
    16. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Why not try a lobotomy @dan? You could be a trailblazer for the rest of us. You can always wear a cap over your head until your hair grows back.

lobotomy.jpg

17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Does anyone else have unexplainable ear pain?

Can it be nerve damage that just comes and goes in severity?

Some people here think it's TMJ but I think there's only one symptom that matches. I am tired how it comes out of nowhere so often, lasts a long time and when it subsides, it doesn't last long. Then I have insane screaming tinnitus that ramps up at night. I fucking hate this life.

18. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I used to have ear pain and my first Otologist told me to take magnesium daily. This was literally the only useful advice he had for me. I take Magnesium Glycinate twice daily and I don't have ear pain anymore.

I'm not sure this would work for TMJ or Noxacusis. I had "unexplainable ear pain" though and it helped me.

19. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Your ear pain is from the positioning of your jaw, but what is causing your jaw to be bullied is hypertension. This is not just about anxiety, it's anxiety causing elevated blood pressure.

An elevated reading is from 120-129 systolic and less than 80 mm Hg diastolic. Your systolic is probably higher and your diastolic is probably lower. When this happens it called hypertension.

You are too young to have a hypertensive crisis where you develop organ/abdominal aortic/renal kidney concerns, but your arteries are working harder to push blood. When lying down, the first place for a younger person to see affect from this is the nerves from the jaw to the ears.

The second thing that can happen for a younger person is to develop eye floaters/visual snow and weak vision in one eye. This is caused by a sudden hyperactive moment. Black label, black market or out of date medications can also be responsible for eye floaters and vision loss.

I would try using two pillows to raise your head higher.
      I would use a low protein diet and keep salt and sugars at a low.
      You know a lot about electronics/computers, set up a system for bubbling brook sound and use it during the day and always at night. At night, place it 10-12 feet from your head at 25 decibels. This will not hurt your ears. Focus on the pink bubbling brook when trying to sleep.

Hypertension is no joke.
      8% of older men die from organ and renal failure and/or strokes from a hypertensive crisis.
      This number increases with illness and disease and tinnitus is such.

I worked in two level 1 trauma hospitals for 28 years and I seen it all. I know about healthcare systems and illness.

• Informative Informative x 2
    20. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Oh, forgot to say just one more thing, stick a dildo up your butt.

• Genius Genius x 1
    21. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It's not TMJ. It's a nerve reaction to loud piercing tinnitus.
      Do you "feel" your tinnitus? If so, your ear nerves feel it too.

22. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Forget research, it's not going to happen soon. Concentrate on habituation.

23. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I never listed to your Trobalt bullshit thank God. Better a dildo up your butt than your head.

24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Are you still on a Trobalt rage?

For the nth time - it worked and helped people on here, we had a thread up on here. People who took it were WELL aware of the risks. Remember DannyBoy (RIP)? TROBALT permanently lowered his tinnitus from an 8 to a 2. Unfortunately due to life circumstances he took his own life (nothing to do with Trobalt).

It's not like I forced it down anyone's damn throat.
      Get the F over it already. It's over. We had a nice run, it's over. Back to the drawing board.

PS.
      Loads of people on here were hyped about it and self-promoted it after it worked for them.
      Again, Trobalt has SERIOUS risks (and these risks were discussed very much), but a lot of people knowingly took the risk.

25. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nothing personal. Most of what you say is false though.

26. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Why not just wear earplugs at work? You don’t need to have them pushed all the way in.

27. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      He died in his sleep because of a cardiac anomaly. There wasn't any evidence of self-harm...

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I do wear earplugs at work.

29. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    30. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      How do you know that????