Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Tatsopa

Tatsopa Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2005 (Onset) 05/2020 (Worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue
      Exactly my thoughts. My view is that everyone should be able to dispose their lives as they intend, terminally ill or not, considering the decision taking is not altered by some "ailment" (what may be an "altering ailment" can be debated).

Can't see why "this" should not be a market. At least what is proposed here is some kind of a real deal. No scam, no snake oil, no miracle treatment or cure. Of course I hope NO ONE would need to apply to some kind of euthanasia or assisted suicide but at least you have what you have paid for...
      Not sure that would be the case with OTO-313 or FX-322.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      Yeah, for me, my direct family (mother, brother and his girlfriend) and my closest friends are my reasons to fight.

That, and maybe I'll work up the courage to raise more awareness for the hell that tinnitus can be.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I hope they are not cannibals. Price sounds awfully high to put you out of your misery. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that morbid end for any of us.

4. dipp
      Moonlighting

dipp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Maybe stress and acoustic trauma
      Unluckily I'm close to this. I've already wrote them.

• Hug Hug x 3
    5. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Tinnitus and hyperacusis are very lonely conditions, but even worse is having them when you are actually lonely in life. I have tried reaching out for the single friend I have left and she just ignores me :( I'm losing people to this and it hurts so bad. I have just wanted to cry all day, but I can't get the tears out... I hate what my life has become these last 3 years. I hate it SO MUCH. I have nothing left.

I very seriously consider contacting Pegasos. Although I tried some time ago, and they never got back to me.

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you have other health stressors besides tinnitus? Does your tinnitus spike upon awakening from a nap or overnight?

I hate having multiple anxiety and stress issues. They seem to compound on top of each other.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Mine's all tinnitus related. I also don't care if someone has trauma seeing me dead - e.g. someone seeing me hit by a train. If that is the worst thing for someone else, that's nothing compared to LOUD RINGING 24/7. Like Danish girl said, it's about fear of failure meaning being crippled and worse. To a less extent, it is final and for me, that's scary but maybe not for religious people.

But, time will take care of those concerns. The longer I suffer with this, the higher the probability that I will eventually try something.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You’re right. We have to worry about our ear dysfunction first and foremost. For most of us the loud noise is our ears/head is our greatest source of agony. The noise in my left ear is so loud I can’t tell if there is noise in my right ear. I had a barotrauma in that ear from an airplane descent years ago and may still be paying for that incident. ENTs keep telling me my tinnitus is caused by HF hearing loss but I’m not so sure they are right. Not totally anyway. It could be left TMJ and Eustachian tube dysfunction related. Maybe the odds of that are low but that is the path I’m currently on.

I’m not too keen on self destruction or having an assisted death clinic solve my problem. I don’t believe Pegasos is a non-profit clinic. That is probably why their price is so high.

Maybe it is our brain turning up the gain because of inner ear damage in most cases? And then the noise puts us in a panic state.

• Genius Genius x 1
    9. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I see Pegasos is non-profit. I thought they were a for profit clinic.

Pegasos Swiss Association or Pegasos is a non-profit group based in Basel, Switzerland with a minimal-bureaucracy approach to assisted suicide. They also have an office in Melbourne, Australia. Wikipedia
      Founder: Ruedi Habegger
      Founded: August 15, 2019

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I think I know what you mean - no offense meant. My tinnitus is so loud, I can't tell which ear is worse/louder and it seems like it's in my ears AND brain. It worsened since last year in April, a couple months after I got tinnitus. Now, I don't have any fluctuations or reductions at night. It's ruined my sleep and schedule. I think about picking up a knife every night. It is hell trying to sleep at night. Nothing helps.

In my case, I think my inner ears got damaged and the main trigger was the acoustic trauma. Tinnitus happened soon after and then it worsened somehow. I probably have TMJ too but I doubt that made it worse. But, it exacerbates everything. I have frequent ear pain in addition to the super loud tinnitus.

But, describing this doesn't accomplish anything. Researchers should be told all this sh*t. I don't know if they are accomplishing anything but I bet lots of people are mostly living in the hope of progress there.

11. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The last ENT I had seen told me my HF hearing loss was causing my tinnitus and that it goes to your brain. He is quite well known (not Shulman). I’m not sure what we can do to calm it down? I have hearing aids, gabapentin, clonazepam, a bunch of supplements etc., but nothing works consistently to lessen the noise.

From what I’ve seen most ENTs are going to tell you it’s inner ear damage. And usually they don’t want to see you again as they have nothing to offer. They may send you to an audiologist for hearing aids that do help some people.

My noise started out today seemingly in my left ear and then switched to my right and now seems more in my head.
      Waiting for Otonomy, Frequency, etc. could be a long wait and they might fail like some of the previous hopeful treatments.

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My noise switched back to my left ear for some reason? When I plug my right ear it seems quiet. Someone mentioned neck muscles causing tinnitus on Reddit a few years ago. I have some issues with my neck and back, but of course the noise bothers me more than pain and numbness. I will be getting injections to my neck and back once again within a month. Surgery was approved by my insurance but everything got pushed back because of COVID-19.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/how-do-you-fix-poor-posture.25783/#post-302811

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/how-do-you-fix-poor-posture.25783/#post-302808

13. LongWait

LongWait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      I went for a ride on bicycle yesterday, with friends, all I could hear was high pitch whistling, for 20 miles, I know there is no chance of the bullshit called habitation.

I wear tinnitus hearing aids, which help, but didn't wear them on the ride. I actually was looking at good tree branches to get the deed done, I suppose it's escapism but not the type you want.

• Hug Hug x 7
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is your noise in both ears or just one? I know how frustrating it is to have loud noise and not know how to shut it off. I’m still looking at non inner ear causes....TMJ, neck muscles, etc. I hope you are able to find some relief!

15. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    16. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      Hey, @TheDanishGirl I would love if you could send me a message so I can reply and we can communicate.
      Just want to reach out to you, since you're struggling. I want to be there for you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    18. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Every day is sh*t. Screaming t especially late evening. No treatment. Nothing I can do.

Nothing from researchers or any hope in siight. How do you turn this ringing DOWN?!?

The ear pain is bad but I think there's s slim chance something out there would help. But, there's no hope to reduce or "cure" the ringing. Only suicide.

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I’m pretty much the same as you. I got a break by taking the NeuroCalm capsules above. I seemed normal and was able to talk to a person on the phone without an additional noise in the background. That changed when I fell asleep and awakened. I am not sleeping well. I have pains all over and have a loud noise. Another 1 day wonder it seems. The screaming noise is torture.

I have some issues with my neck that may be contributing. Over medicating to try to stop the noise is not good either. I’m baffled how the noise can go away temporarily.

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @PeteJ The number one cause of ear pain when one already has tinnitus is raising blood pressure - 80% of the time. Moments of high raising blood pressure can overload any function in the body. Take some time and read basic articles on how to naturally lower blood pressure. Visit the Calm Clinic site. Breathing exercises and drinking enough water usually will help. Chelated magnesium glycinate -1/3 of a tablet three times a day helps to lower blood pressure by 12%.

You had mention that you have high blood pressure and I can see why by your postings on the presidential thread. We have a lot in common and I had the many of the same values as you when I was younger. I don't believe that blood pressure hypertension causes tinnitus to increase perm, but it will cause ear pain, cranial nerve activity and structure weaknesses.

Hypertension blood pressure can cause vascular pulsatile tinnitus, including organ and eye problems, deposits to collect in veins and arteries that then travel to neck and brain.

Controlling any stress/anxiety hypertension can lower tinnitus and often it does quite a bit.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      @Greg Sacramento, I really appreciate your post! Thanks. I am stressed out from loud tinnitus and yes, I concede, I add stress and anxiety on top of that. Money problems, living alone, a crappy life made worse by tinnitus... general health problems BESIDES tinnitus.

How can I reduce blood pressure with all that? I can't do much if anything about the tinnitus?!? :(

I will buy magnesium on Monday. I ran out semi-recently.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You are the problem for demanding regenerative medicine when doctors are not even considering it as a remote possibility. They don't even find anything wrong with you.

23. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Max post limit? Or has this thread died?

24. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, neither I guess. In the Research News category, the Frequency Therapeutics thread has over 300 pages, and MPP has over 500 pages.

I think that just nobody wanted to be the first one back in this thread.

25. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I have heard several dozen accounts of many people with unrelated health problems getting told by doctors it's all in their head. Why are doctors in this era useless?

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I could have stepped in front of a massive truck today. Pretty sure I wouldn't have survived. I wish I did.

I joked about it with someone but seriously, I wish I did. No tinnitus. No loud ringing. I don't care about the Frequency Therapeutics/FX-322. It's bs like Neuromod. Even by some miracle, it helps anyone, I don't see it helping severe tinnitus. So many people have different states of it and I think the entire inner ear has to be reconstructed or something. I am screwed. I wish I bought an exit bag when I had the money. Maybe I can use my car.

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @PeteJ in the same boat. I've gotten massively worse since last October. I thought I had the worst tinnitus on this forum and now I see it was a cakewalk compared to what I have now.

Neuromod is a scam, Frequency is based on proven science, but I have the same trepidation as you regarding help for truly severe types.

28. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      How do you think yours got worse? I can only guess other acoustic traumas.

It is just really depressing that the first two months after onset, it fluctuated widely although it was only seldom. But, it reduced in volume on occasion til it was one tone and a hiss... which lasted 5 minutes maybe or 15 or whatever. I don't have such a reduction anymore. I thought my tinnitus was bad then
      ... :-(

It is so insanely loud at night and it is ruining my health as it causes me to stay up longer than I want to on so many nights.

I can't fathom how FX-322 can treat this. No one can hear my tinnitus so I explain it as 8 - 11/10 severity/volume and a combo of buzzing/ringing multiple tones....

It's so bad, it seems like it's in both ears and "through" my brain. :-(

• Hug Hug x 1
    29. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      I had a bad spike last night woke me at 3 am. Still spiking. So loud. Can barely function today. I am 4 weeks today since acoustic trauma and although I haven’t been around anything super loud in 4 weeks, I haven’t been wearing ear plugs much with normal everyday activities and probably should have been for car, doors slamming, kids yelling, etc. I just thought we weren’t supposed to over-protect. It’s so loud today it’s blaring. Usually a mild hissing I can hear over everything but today it is blaring. I told my husband I can’t do this anymore. It is inhumane. But I have kids and a great life. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

• Hug Hug x 4
    30. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      Pete I was just on my balcony and my decibel meter registered at 55 dB and I can easily hear the hissing. :(

• Hug Hug x 1