Temazepam Helping Hugely!

Discussion in 'Support' started by I_Detest_Ringing, Jan 24, 2018.

1. I_Detest_Ringing

I_Detest_Ringing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe Otitis Media
      Hey guys
      I have had right ear hissing for 3 months now, absolute torture.

Got prescribed temazepam 2 days ago and today I realised I haven't checked my tinnitus, or listened to it since taking them. It' super low volume now and I have no anxiety from it. This is the first thing that's helped me in months. I just feel chilled and don't care about tinnitus.

Have any of you experienced this and do you think it suggests mine is anxiety based?

2. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Interesting. Temazepam is usually prescribed for insomnia.

From Drugs.com: "Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity."

Lorazepam is sometimes prescribed for tinnitus. From the American Hearing Research Foundation website: "Medicine may occasionally help lessen the noise even though no cause can be found. In general, we are not very enthused about medication treatment as the side effects can be substantial and the results are often unimpressive.

The following medications are used in treatment of tinnitus:
      • lorazepam or clonazepam (in low doses). These are benzodiazepines
      • Amitriptyline or nortriptyline (again in low doses). These are tricyclics"
      They continue with the list of medications.

Good to know that whatever drug you're taking, it knocked the volume down. Whether it's temazepam or lorazepam, it's a benzo. I'm sure your doctor has warned you about its potential addictive properties.