Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      How much rent will you charge?

How to get groceries?

2. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Do you get ear pressure too? I'm finding my distortions compete a lot less with "barely" enough masking, lots of sleep, and Ginkgo biloba + Betahistine + caffeine. All cheapish and safe.

I'm still going to try out Quercetin + Bromelain + Coriolus mushroom powder before the Psilocybin.

3. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      What do you think about the Psilocybin stack? I honestly don’t think it’s a cure but stranger shit has happened...

Maybe even Ketamine?

4. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      I've never had ear pressure to begin with. Mostly just very rare burning in my ear canals, and very reactive tinnitus / distortions.

I went back up to my full med load last night and tinnitus is significantly reduced from catastrophic to bad, though my vision is blurrier again. I had been tapering for about a week and vision was improving but tinnitus was getting worse. I've read dopamine meds like Pramipexole (which I take) can interfere with the ability of the eye to focus, which is what I've been experiencing.

The craziest part is without meaning to, I slept 13 hours, from 2am to 3pm. Not sure why or how that happened.

5. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was on Lion's Mane for about 6 months when I developed catastrophic tinnitus. I believe it may have the ability to switch things on or off as it induces neuroplastic changes. After last night's insanity I decided to finish the Lion's Mane in my fridge (I haven't taken it in about 7 months).

I can't get Psilocybin where I am for now, though I have been begging people.

6. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This was the most intense thing I've been through in a while; the best metaphor was as though I was condemned at a public execution, and no one could do anything but look on. What a curse this all is.

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That really sucks. As bad as it is, just remember that there are people here who know exactly how you feel and what you are going through.
      I’m going to try the Stamets Protocol soon. Maybe you can score some spores and grow your own? It will take a little while but might be worth it.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe I’ll grow some. Prior to this I was either too bad to do it, or good enough that I didn’t want to. Now I’m semi competent and suffering badly so ordering supplies may be doable.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The hatefulness of this condition occurs to me several times a day, but I don’t want to fail.

Children, grandchildren, pussycats... They all need me.

It takes great courage and fortitude to push on, but I do it.

Love to every one of us that suffer,
      Dave xx
      Jazzer

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 3
    10. Adaś
      Caffeine

Adaś Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones, Stress, Rock concerts
      Some of us coping better, some worse. Nevertheless this cursed condition is transforming all of us. I don't have suicidal ideations, not anymore. But it made me really sad person inside, so f... sad, despite my "funny guy" mask I wear everyday. I miss former myself so much.

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Agree Agree x 3
    11. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Hey Luke, can you recommend a place to buy good spores? I assume they're legal in the EU.

12. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea. I’m in Canada.

13. T-Spike

T-Spike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise
      Sorry for the wall of text, and my English, it's not my native tongue. I'm not actually suicidal.

I got tinnitus in March, 2020. "Reactive" hissing in left ear, and soon developed distortion in the right ear due to an acoustic trauma.

Basically, I disappointed myself just a week before my tinnitus anniversary (March 13th). I got paranoid, and tried to end my life. I fcked up.

I realized what I was doing once it starting to take effect. I should've called an ambulance, but my mind went blank and I drank a shitton of milk and threw up.

The fourth day after puking for like 2 days, I thought I was, and decided I was going to ignore the tinnitus and keep on living. My TTTS was basically gone after like 10 months.

I learned two weeks later I'm going become an uncle.

A week later, I noticed my progression had stopped. I went to the health center to have some bloodwork (I used a service online to order tests for liver and kidneys).

I got a reply which basically said they were fine. Well that's good. However, my tinnitus had increased, along with new noises, my TTTS was back, worse than ever. It gets triggered just by scratching the other ear. I noticed some hearing loss in my right ear. I can still hear some frequencies, just quieter.

I have basically damaged my entire auditory system. My chance for recovery has been reduced to 0. And I've probably damaged it enough to make any future drugs useless.

I'll never be able to enjoy playing musical instruments and travel again. My life is over.

I'm not suicidal, I really want to live, and become a cool uncle, but I can't live like this.

I'm thinking about traveling to Switzerland, since I don't want to take any risks and making it even worse.

If someone can give me hope or courage, feel free to throw it at me, because I really want to live, but I can't wait for years, it's too annoying.

I was a fighter, but I fcked up. Never give up, just keep fighting, and don't end like me.

EDIT: OK, it got quite long. Sorry about that.

• Hug Hug x 6
    14. Simon85

Simon85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise exposure, but unknown.
      Well, you f**ked up, but you are still only a couple of months into this spike. It may well, with time, taper off back to previous levels. We all make mistakes. Many people find these first few months in particular to be a very dark period and you’ll have to be patient while waiting for your auditory system to settle.

Look after yourself, protect those ears and you’re likely to feel a lot better in 3 to 6 months. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    15. roy1159
      Suicidal

roy1159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL from working in a noisy cafe' for 2 years
      Thanks everyone for the support and help thus far.

I have been tormented more than one could ever fathom, but if nothing can get better so I can somehow function, this nightmare has to end.

• Hug Hug x 4
    16. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Hey man, how did the surgery go? Before doing anything, please give a try to Ketamine and/or Psilocybin

17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Nope.

18. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      It's torture when your tinnitus is atypically loud. Lots of people have tinnitus *low enough* that they can cope. Regardless of how they describe their tinnitus, they manage to work, meet friends, etc. etc. They prefer sounds that mask the tinnitus but don't think of suicide or struggle through every day.

Mine is in the loud range in which I don't understand how it can be this severe and loud. I want a tinnitus researcher to explain it just so I know. I think it's torture, constant suffering and like death by a thousand cuts. I am scared of death but I think suicide will be the eventual outcome if this can't be treated.

Many people with severe tinnitus have committed suicide and they did it because of the tinnitus. Not because they were depressed for other reasons. It happens.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 2
    19. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Many can habituate to tinnitus. However, there are some unlucky few.

20. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      In the case of tinnitus, it's actually worse since there's not a single minute of respite during the day. There's no escape from it. No way to attain a moment of peace.

Has your tinnitus improved during the last year?

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. T-Spike

T-Spike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise
      It's really unbelievable it can get this bad.

My tinnitus before the spike was bad, but now. How the fuck. My mom thinks it can't be that bad, and that I'm just imagining things, and I'm just lazy for not doing any activities. I fucking cannot. Even the wind is torture. I cannot mask it anymore either.

I'm not going to kill myself, but not going to lie, kinda wish the suicide attempt killed me.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    22. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, before I went on Pramipexole/Keppra, it was like this every day for months. Now it seems like they are wearing off and it is returning.

At the beginning it was so loud I remember trying to draw fluid into a needle and my hands were shaking non stop so I gave up. I really don’t want that again.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Nope.

It got worse. I have loud ear ringing 24/7 and it seems to be throughout the brain although I have read others here describe that better.

In my humble opinion, the "habituation" part is subjective but I believe the possibility is related to severity. Which makes sense to me. I don't care about alleged exceptions. Just what makes sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 7
    24. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      May I ask what your Mirtazapine dosage was? My doctor just prescribed me 15 mg at night to help with sleep and appetite. Due to getting tinnitus last month, the stress and anxiety made me lose 20 lbs in 3 weeks. He said it should help me get my appetite back and help with the anxiety. If it makes me too drowsy, he said to cut it in half to 7.5 mg.

25. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Interesting. I've gained about 30 lbs since my tinnitus worsened last September.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sayeed man. I’m in the same boat. I literally lost 20 lbs in a month.

27. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      Hey man! Hope you are doing well.

I think we should call it the tinnitus diet! Guaranteed to work... one way or the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. KazM
      Conehead

KazM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12th October 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head injury
      Completely understand where you are at, I have had tinnitus since 2012, 24/7, from an accident and head injury. I have gone through a range of emotions, including suicide; also understand neuropathic pain as I was hit by a bus in 2000 and damage to nerves in my shoulder sent pain down my arm the likes of which I have NEVER experienced before, couldn't bear the slightest touch. Now as a result of the accident that caused my head injury I can add back injury to the list, with neuropathic pain down my legs.

What keeps me going? Knowing that while there are bad days, there can also be good days. The accidents I had could have killed me however regardless of the pain and noise I'm still alive, I breathe.

A friend of mine who has Multiple Sclerosis always says as a mantra "it's a good day, I woke up, because you're a long time dead". I have also worked for a tetraplegic, broken back at the age of 16, who despite daily challenges and the frustration, has accepted the challenge he faces every day.

My point is this: sometimes a change of perspective can help, when I hear emergency services responding to a call-out I always say "That person is probably having a worse day than me." I sometimes have trouble accepting what I face because it was caused by others, however I always hope for a better day tomorrow.

• Like Like x 7
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      KazM, I like your attitude and outlook but some of us don't want to be alive with this condition.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Hug Hug x 2
    30. Ava Lugo
      Irritated

Ava Lugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      Sleeping is very important. I see sleeping as a break from a shitty quality of life and a vacation from unmaskable intrusive tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 7